Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-31-2012, 05:13 AM   #261
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: For the momas with buildup/stink/ammonia/new 2 CD momas/or washing trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessnye View Post
I have a kind of weird problem. I have a son who just has very stinky poop that makes his poopy diapers very hard to get clean smelling. It isn't his diet; when he was exclusively b****** we had the same issue- his poop smelled like regular bf poop, so not really yucky, but the smell would linger in his diapers after they were washed. And I don't think it was MY diet; his brother and sister had no similar issues. I have always washed his diapers in hot, with various detergents including Tide or Country Save, and we have soft water. His diapers smell right out of the dryer, and it's just the poopy ones. I ALWAYS have to wash anything with PUL or other synthetics AT LEAST 4-5 times to get the smell out. I use 3/4 of a cup of bleach in the wash, and I've tried soaking them in Bac-Out for a night and then washing them. I've also tried washing them in Dawn, and sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't. I really think my son's poop has some kind of oils or something in it that just makes the smell really stubborn. Any suggestions?
It very well could be a tummy thing makeing his poo out excess oils/fats. I would try squirting the poo dipes with the kids n pets enzyme stuff I posted about. It's cheap and we get ours at walmart. It has worked magic on some very nasty situations for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndoorKitty View Post
The diapers only apartment sized washer is kind of my fantasy. What capacity did you get? Be sure to keep us posted.

Oh, and I found thus cool contraption on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

Supposedly it creates suction which forces the water through the fabric. It's overpriced, but it might make the Dawn stomp strip extra strippy.
That thing is just AWSOME!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbaloubaby View Post
My diapers seem to not be getting clean enough. I have tried almost everything and don't know what else to do. I already use the max amount of ride original liquid. I bleach every load. I have tried adding a little detergent in my prewash and adding some bleach to my main wash. I do a light wash instead of a rinse at the beginning and the end. I have done a hot wash with dawn, I've tried vinegar. I have tried adding borax as well as calgon. I hate to think tide is the problem, I don't see how that can be. :-/
If you want, you can pm me with all of the details of how they are stored, exactly how they are washed, how often, what kind of diapers, kind of machine, water type, additives, everything you can think of and I'll try to help you trouble-shoot? Even try to find out your water temp, also if you use the dryer? Complete routine, even how long.

Sorry you are haveing so much trouble!

Advertisement

Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:11 AM   #262
momofairforcebrats
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I switched to washing everyday with my towels which are white so wash in hot. I just do a wash with detergent and then one extra rinse and viola stinky gone. I wash all diapers every morning with the evening towels from showers and problem was instantly solved. They are not dirty for long and the machine gives plenty of water. I use ecos detergent- unscented.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:38 AM   #263
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So how is everyones issues going? Well I hope!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
Old 08-03-2012, 04:10 PM   #264
american_mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My update
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1427543
http://deals.mamapedia.com/?ref_id=3...ontent=hotmail
american_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:23 PM   #265
tweety612
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yay!

Sent from my DROID4 using DS Forum
Old 08-04-2012, 03:29 AM   #266
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OMgosh Tammy! You did it hun! Yay! Happy dance for you!
Old 08-04-2012, 07:56 AM   #267
belindacampbell
Registered Users
seller

I use grovia and BGs. Is it safe to bleach the covers as well as the inserts or do you only bleach the inserts. I have been wanting to ask for awhile cause I just started and hope to hold off the stink for as long as possible. Thanks!!
belindacampbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:06 AM   #268
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You can bleach whatever you like. The only thing that can become faded is natural fibers. Wool I hear can be damaged though. Just be sure not to pour it over the diapers or anything. Add it to the dispencer or water as usual. It will need to be clorox regular to disinfect.
HTH.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:22 AM   #269
american_mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahannecloud9 View Post
OMgosh Tammy! You did it hun! Yay! Happy dance for you!
No one would understand how happy it makes me except other cloth diaper mamas!
I swear everytime I smell those diapers I get so happy and giggly
http://deals.mamapedia.com/?ref_id=3...ontent=hotmail
american_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:54 AM   #270
mel281
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by american_mommy

No one would understand how happy it makes me except other cloth diaper mamas!
I swear everytime I smell those diapers I get so happy and giggly
There is something so satisfying about clean diapers on the first try! For me, a key factor was ending my prewash in my HE machine on a WARM rinse so that my diapers stay hot in the HOT wash instead of lukewarm (cold wet diapers + hot water = lukewarm wash cycle)
mel281 is offline   Reply With Quote