Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-21-2012, 03:11 PM   #21
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: For the momas with buildup/stink/ammonia/new 2 CD momas/or washing trouble.

I use 1 with soft water. You may want to try 2? They tend to suds a lot, so you may have thought it was plenty. If that's too much, some momas put a pinhole in it ti use 1.5 packs. I really like how well they work, especially since they don't have enzymes. I'm an enzyme lover! I alternate 1 load with dropps then the next wash day dropps. I worry about no enzymes. They just eat away at the soiles and I just love that. I also buy the kids and pets from walmart. Just pure enzymes like bacout. I add it when we go camping and come back with a really nasy weeks worth of diapers. That or sport wash from walmart. Some babies can be sensitive to either though, like anything. The water being foggy could be the natural way your water looks when warm or there is still particles in the water. Have you tried a quick rinse when the wash cycle is over? You may just need more detergent though. Give it a shot?

Advertisement

Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:44 PM   #22
scentedcandle
Registered Users

Wow. You are a great source of information Sarah, thanks.
scentedcandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:14 PM   #23
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

What is the difference in the different tide liquids (regular vs free & gentle, he vs non-he)? I have been using the powder and am doing a full hot/ cold cycle after my initial wash/rinse just to get them to rinse clean. Maybe I will switch to liquid...
Old 03-21-2012, 07:28 PM   #24
branfam
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephcrouse
What is the difference in the different tide liquids (regular vs free & gentle, he vs non-he)? I have been using the powder and am doing a full hot/ cold cycle after my initial wash/rinse just to get them to rinse clean. Maybe I will switch to liquid...
Yup! What she asked.
branfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:52 PM   #25
mommyjlo
Registered Users
seller

So helpful to see all the info in one place! Thanks for sharing. I am especially scared of the dryer. I hang dry almost all of my clothes and just feel like they hold up so much better that way. However, knowing it helps kill "stuff" makes me more open to trying it out!
mommyjlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:00 AM   #26
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephcrouse View Post

HE is specifically designed to work with lower amnts of water. It will produce less suds as well. It's maily designed to wash away soils in the little amnt of water, rather than allowing them to resettle on the fibers.

Free and Gentile will have not dyes and perfumes and possible other ingredients that may be irritating to sensitive skin.

Original vs. ultra, ultra has been more concentrated and had some fillers removed although tide will not disclose what ingredient it was. Believe me, I tried. She said she simply wasn't allowed to say.

She was quite surprised to hear so many momas swear by their powder. Now it does have much to do with water and the other factors I mentioned. But the liquid is formulated to rinse cleaner. The other kinds simply have different additives. For example, baking soda, oxy, or febrise. There is a moma on here that loves her febrise tide. I prefur to have almost no smell. I actually love fresh scented laundry, but it can tell you the detergent is washing all the way out, so when the washer is done, I check for a smell. I never have but just a light scent. By the time they are done in the dryer, nothing.

Here is a breakdown of the ingredieents in P&G products:
http://www.pgproductsafety.com/produ...&submit=Search

HTH!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
Old 03-22-2012, 08:04 AM   #27
Oakleaf
Registered Users
Formerly: t***om
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have read that Tide with Bleach liquid will get too sudsy in hot wash temps.

I use a heaping tablespoonful of regular Cheer Powder in my FL. Very few suds and it rinses clean--and no optical brighteners. (People have been using Cheer powder in HE machines for years as HE detergents used to be very difficult to find.)
Oakleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:27 AM   #28
Wholemom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmisterkitty View Post
Great info....I can break it down even further.

1. Use a mainstream detergent.
2. Bleach occassionally.

OR

1. If your diapers stink, they aren't clean. Use more detergent.
2. If your diapers stink, they aren't clean. Use bleach.

So simple. Yet profound
Wholemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:48 AM   #29
branfam
Registered Users
seller

Okay so I need to wash today. Do I put my dipes in the washer and do a warm/hot quick wash? Do I add the bleach then? Do I then do several hot washes to get out bleach? Then do I wash with detergent as I normally would?
branfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:19 AM   #30
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by branfam View Post
Okay so I need to wash today. Do I put my dipes in the washer and do a warm/hot quick wash? Do I add the bleach then? Do I then do several hot washes to get out bleach? Then do I wash with detergent as I normally would?
You should be able to do the warm or hot quickwash, then do a wash with the bleach in your dispincer and detergent in your dispincer. If you have ammonia or something you are trying to get rid of, I'd do the quickwash, then a wash with just bleach, then a wash with bleach and detergent in their dispincers. If you want to be positive the bleach is out, you could do 1 additional rinse or quickwash. Not sure what kind of washer you have? I like my bleach seperate from my detergent and my machine does that. I just put it in the dispencers and it does the work for me. I like the bleach having more time with the diapers so I never use it in a quickwash because it just doesn't get enough time in there before it rinses out. You could do just the one wash with the bleach and detergent. Totally up to you. Bleach breaks back down into it's original components pretty fast, so I don't worry about the enviromental impact. I persionally can't immagine not having it for diaper use.