Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2012, 06:21 AM   #321
Super Mom Of 6 Girls
Registered Users
Formerly: GirlyMama81
seller

Ok little update from us. So like i said before we have had a diaper rash since about june. Just went back to the pediatrician last week and he decided to get a second opinion since the rash was still there despite our efforts. So what is happening is my dd's skin is in total breakdown, because i have not been moisturizing enough. She has eczema and in the winter i lotion her 6 times a day but her skin was better in the warm weather so i thought i was ok with one time a day. Apparently not............ sooo i now think my diapers are not the problem it is just her skin. The peds were afraid she would get mrsa so i now have to bathe her each night in waist deep water with a half cup of bleach to kill germs. Plus we have to use prescription creams on her. I just took her back this week because she now has these little red bumps on her butt and the dr gave us an oral antibiotic because he thinks it may be butt strep! Butt strep......SERIOUSLY have you ever heard of that?! Soo we have now switched to sposies till we get through this. BUT on a side note, i did this whole strip/sanitize thing on our prefolds and they are super soft. Soft like i want to rub them against my cheek all day soft! I third the sticky vote!!

Advertisement

Super Mom Of 6 Girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:50 AM   #322
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: For the momas with buildup/stink/ammonia/new 2 CD momas/or washing trouble.

Aw, thanks momas. I'm just happy it has helped!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mom Of 6 Girls View Post
Ok little update from us. So like i said before we have had a diaper rash since about june. Just went back to the pediatrician last week and he decided to get a second opinion since the rash was still there despite our efforts. So what is happening is my dd's skin is in total breakdown, because i have not been moisturizing enough. She has eczema and in the winter i lotion her 6 times a day but her skin was better in the warm weather so i thought i was ok with one time a day. Apparently not............ sooo i now think my diapers are not the problem it is just her skin. The peds were afraid she would get mrsa so i now have to bathe her each night in waist deep water with a half cup of bleach to kill germs. Plus we have to use prescription creams on her. I just took her back this week because she now has these little red bumps on her butt and the dr gave us an oral antibiotic because he thinks it may be butt strep! Butt strep......SERIOUSLY have you ever heard of that?! Soo we have now switched to sposies till we get through this. BUT on a side note, i did this whole strip/sanitize thing on our prefolds and they are super soft. Soft like i want to rub them against my cheek all day soft! I third the sticky vote!!

OMGosh, poor baby!!!! Bleach, really? It's so strong. It must be one bad rash. At the hospital we used to bac decub ulcars that tunneled with gauze soaked in a bleach solution. Sounds crazy, but it worked. That was some serious wound care though. Strep, like you didn't have enough to worry about. be SURE to sanitise the crap out of ANY diapering item before you use them again. You deff don't want it returning once it's healed. Aw man,

I'm glad the diapers came out well for you though! Please keep us updated on that hiney, ok???!!!!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:22 AM   #323
Super Mom Of 6 Girls
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahannecloud9
Aw, thanks momas. I'm just happy it has helped!

OMGosh, poor baby!!!! Bleach, really? It's so strong. It must be one bad rash. At the hospital we used to bac decub ulcars that tunneled with gauze soaked in a bleach solution. Sounds crazy, but it worked. That was some serious wound care though. Strep, like you didn't have enough to worry about. be SURE to sanitise the crap out of ANY diapering item before you use them again. You deff don't want it returning once it's healed. Aw man,

I'm glad the diapers came out well for you though! Please keep us updated on that hiney, ok???!!!!
I will mama! I ran my diapers through two bleach hot washes at my moms last weekend in her top loader. Hopefully that killed any germs. I may boil them before we switch back to cloth just to be sure. Will keep you posted!
Old 08-30-2012, 09:43 AM   #324
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Prayers comin your way hun. Or happy thoughts, whatever you prefur. I never know.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
Old 08-30-2012, 02:11 PM   #325
Farmgirl4ever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you! Just came on DS to find out how to get rid of the bad smell! Bleach wont change the color of the diapers right?
Farmgirl4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:31 PM   #326
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Bleach can only fade natural fibers. It won't fade like a fb, something like that. Just add it to the water first for tl'ers or dispinser for fl'ers. Never pour over any fabric. GL!!! Oh, be sure to use original, not scented or splashless.be carefull with generica as well. These can all be as low as 2% disinfecting ingredient. Original clorox has 6% and it's soal purpous is disinfection.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:28 PM   #327
Super Mom Of 6 Girls
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahannecloud9
Prayers comin your way hun. Or happy thoughts, whatever you prefur. I never know.
Aww thanks mama! Prayers for us please!
Old 09-06-2012, 08:11 PM   #328
shapegirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Do you use just the reg. old tide, or the free and clear one? Thanks!
shapegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:54 PM   #329
momgoddess
Registered Users
seller

subbing so I can find this thread again
Old 09-07-2012, 04:42 AM   #330
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's just the original liquid tide. I have found some almost as good detergents for our washing conditions, but nothing can beat it with this misserable soft water. I'm deff checking into arm and hammer for the cloths again though. I'm waiting on some homemade detergent to dry out so I can finish if. It's only for the cloths though. William is almost potty learned so I'm washing his dipes with the whites with tide. There is just something about the smell with arm and hammer that has me hooked, lol. Like gain for some people. If the tide doesn't work for you, there are many great brands that clean and rinse extreamly well! Arm and hammer, all f&c, gain, ect.. These brands have the $ to do great research, then leading to great products. I have tried just about everything out there and had every water under the sun. I'm sure ones that didn't work well with my super hard water may just work with my now super soft water. Diff machines, too. There is so many factors that go into it. If you find something that works well, my advice is to stick with it. GL!