Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-24-2012, 07:12 PM   #71
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: For the momas with buildup/stink/ammonia/new 2 CD momas/or washing trouble.

I think I find it in the carpet cleaning section. If not there, it would be in the pet section.It a large white bottle and it's very well priced. I think it's basically the same as bac out.

Advertisement

Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:15 PM   #72
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just looked at the bottle, its pets N kids. White with a blue lid and has a little girl with a puppy on the front.

Looks like this:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
Old 03-24-2012, 07:17 PM   #73
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This
Old 03-24-2012, 07:58 PM   #74
gemgirlred
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thank you.
gemgirlred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:52 PM   #75
american_mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't have time to read through all the posts. Will do later. But was wondering how much liquid should you use for 2 days worth of diapers for a 2 yr old? Let's see I change him about 5 times a day most days, sometimes more. So I would have around 10-12 diapers in a load and i would add a big fluffy towel to help add water. I have had soooooo many problems with my washing. Our water softener is not working right so we have super hard water right now. I have tried adding calgon and it helped at first them stopped. I used to use the tide original and it worked great then when it went to concentrated stopped working. I recently got RnG and it worked but I noticed ds getting rashes. I have some funk rock too that i was using.
So please give me advice. i do use tide sometimes for our clothes(liquid)
http://deals.mamapedia.com/?ref_id=3...ontent=hotmail
american_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:01 AM   #76
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Just got some liquid Tide (am about to run out of powder)!! I can't wait to try it.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:03 AM   #77
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by american_mommy View Post
I don't have time to read through all the posts. Will do later. But was wondering how much liquid should you use for 2 days worth of diapers for a 2 yr old? Let's see I change him about 5 times a day most days, sometimes more. So I would have around 10-12 diapers in a load and i would add a big fluffy towel to help add water. I have had soooooo many problems with my washing. Our water softener is not working right so we have super hard water right now. I have tried adding calgon and it helped at first them stopped. I used to use the tide original and it worked great then when it went to concentrated stopped working. I recently got RnG and it worked but I noticed ds getting rashes. I have some funk rock too that i was using.
So please give me advice. i do use tide sometimes for our clothes(liquid)
Have you tried borax to soften and condition the water and boost the detergent? That sounds like a full load with a towel, With the hard water, assuming you have a fl'er, I would try first the recomended amnt of borax with perhaps line 2 of original tide liquid. The ultra takes a little more guessing. Just watch to make sure you are getting enough suds going on, but not too much. We had super hard water so with borax or calgo I was still using over line 2 because we had a tl'er and the water was super hard. Every hard water is hard because of diff minerals so it's super hard to recomend an amnt. What routine are you using? Prewash at what temp, what wash cycle at what temp, and so on?
Quote:
Originally Posted by el's mama View Post
Just got some liquid Tide (am about to run out of powder)!! I can't wait to try it.
Yay! Hope you loveit as much as we do! Just remember like switching any detergent types, be on the lookout for the need to use more or less.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:04 AM   #78
MamaCrunch
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahannecloud9 View Post
Did you bleach them or decide not to? Have you tried one yet for a peepee test? I really hope it helped. You have tried sooo much. I wanna reach through the screan and give ya a big hug. I know this has got to stink, literally. You poor moma! I can't understand what keeps causing it for you though. If I remember correctly (I troubleshoot with so many momas) you have a good sounding routine.
Errr.

If it fails, I really wonder about the fish stuff?

Hey, have you stied the enzyme cleaner sold at walmart called pets and kids? That stuff rocks! I use it when we have a stomach bug in the house. On the diapers and the vomit and poo messes on the floor! I also dribble it in the bottom of our family cloth bins because of the moisture buildup and odor we get in them. They have to tight of a seal. I get 0 smell in them now!
I was going to bleach just the prefolds and doublers and such (not covers or wipes) but I just went with Oxy this time... I am still a little scared of bleach after ruining almost my whole stash last time, plus I kinda want to see if the dawn/oxy/ammonia remover work. I have not tried them yet, we've been out a lot, so basically they've been in the washing process for 2 days LOL, we will test them today though, and hopefully tomorrow morning we will wake up to a pleasant surprise!

Thanks I do think my routine should be pretty good, I've been mixing it up a bit lately to see if we can't fix things, but I guess the ammonia was never leaving the diapers, so no matter what I did to my routine, it wasn't going to help. Hopefully this works! LOL

No I haven't tried that, and I was JUST at Walmart too! LOL Darn it! I should have picked some up! :P

I'll update tomorrow morning and let you know if my nose hairs are singed or not LOL.
MamaCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:08 AM   #79
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'll be praying for you hun. Seriously hopeing you come back with good news!
Old 03-25-2012, 12:29 PM   #80
american_mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahannecloud9 View Post
Have you tried borax to soften and condition the water and boost the detergent? That sounds like a full load with a towel, With the hard water, assuming you have a fl'er, I would try first the recomended amnt of borax with perhaps line 2 of original tide liquid. The ultra takes a little more guessing. Just watch to make sure you are getting enough suds going on, but not too much. We had super hard water so with borax or calgo I was still using over line 2 because we had a tl'er and the water was super hard. Every hard water is hard because of diff minerals so it's super hard to recomend an amnt. What routine are you using? Prewash at what temp, what wash cycle at what temp, and so on?

Yay! Hope you loveit as much as we do! Just remember like switching any detergent types, be on the lookout for the need to use more or less.
Ok so here is what I have done. We started having problems right after I got the concentrated Tide. My dh has taken them to the laundry mat to strip for me because I am not getting them clean enough. I have tried a laundry booster called Amaze by sunlight. I have tried various different detergents, adding water to my washer. I have now had to resort to washing twice.
What I do now: I do a warm rinse, sometimes I add Funk Rock, if I remember. Then when that is done, I put the diapers on rinse again until they are soaked(after adding the towel), then I stop that cycle and run a full whitest whites cycle with Tide powder to the 1 line most times. This cycle includes an extra rinse. So after this I will dry, I normally line dry because I prefer that but I have been using the dryer lately. When they come out I sniff and I know which diapers are the poopy ones for sure but they all actually still have a hint of poop I am tired of it. Dh is ready to just buy me a regular washer(ours is a Whirlpool Duet FL and I hate it). I need more water I think and I need the detergent to get them cleaner. I am going to try the liquid as soo as I get more Tide, right now I only have Gain!
http://deals.mamapedia.com/?ref_id=3...ontent=hotmail
american_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote