Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-21-2012, 06:17 PM   #11
ashayla&acensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: im going to have a baby next week..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicalev8 View Post
went to my appt today and my blood pressure was 158/103 they made me lay down for a bit.. checked it again 164/99. Yesterday during my nst i was setting off the alarms lol that bottom number wont go under 90 and the top stays above 150. So that plus the possibility of cholestasis, they want to induce. I am scared out of my mind. My cervix is still high and closed so I go back mon to be checked again and then induction starts on tue.

I didnt dialate at all with ds until the day he was born, at 39 weeks. So im really hoping thats what happens with this baby too. I dont want to be induced

Anyone have experience with a foley bulb? She said thats how we are going to start the induction and just the thought of it makes me nervous.
Wow... our stories are VERY similar! I was diagnosed with Cholistasis about 2 weeks ago, and went into the dr today for my 37 week check up. I had raised BP, which is NOT normal for me, and swelling in my feet and hands. They will be inducing me on Monday. I am soooo nervous. My cervix is soft, but closed, so I will be doing the same as you to attempt to get somewhere by Monday morning! I don't want to do the Foley Bulb I am REALLY hoping that the contractions I have been having get me somewhere this weekend!!!

Advertisement

Married Momma of 4 DS (2-00), DD1 (12-05),DS(8-08)and DD2 (3-12)
ashayla&acensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:54 PM   #12
jessicalev8
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashayla&acensmom View Post
Wow... our stories are VERY similar! I was diagnosed with Cholistasis about 2 weeks ago, and went into the dr today for my 37 week check up. I had raised BP, which is NOT normal for me, and swelling in my feet and hands. They will be inducing me on Monday. I am soooo nervous. My cervix is soft, but closed, so I will be doing the same as you to attempt to get somewhere by Monday morning! I don't want to do the Foley Bulb I am REALLY hoping that the contractions I have been having get me somewhere this weekend!!!
Wow, thats crazy! Good luck! I'm really nervous too but I'm trying to stay positive. It makes me feel better knowing that this time next week Ill be holding my baby and my body can finally start to go back to normal. No more itching and normal bp!
Old 03-21-2012, 07:03 PM   #13
ashayla&acensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Did you ever get put on Ursol? I found that putting medicated lotion (menthol) on itchy spots really helps. I couldn't find the Serna lotion that is supposed to help. I am also taking 3 Milk thistle tabs every morning which helps with liver health. that helps with your milk production too, so killing two birds with one stone! I almost cried when i read "This time next week I will be holding my baby". WOW. Sooo surreal. I don't know why it doesn't seem real yet for me, I already have 3 kids at home and all the baby stuff is set up!

Married Momma of 4 DS (2-00), DD1 (12-05),DS(8-08)and DD2 (3-12)
ashayla&acensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:35 PM   #14
crunch!910
Registered Users

Gotta say ladies, I'm uber jealous that you'll be holding your babies before me! Enjoy the newborn squishiness!!!
Old 03-21-2012, 07:56 PM   #15
Farmer's Wife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I went from taking 3 orally a day and 2 vaginally at night and then my mw said to take 6 orally a day and shove 8 in your vag at night, don't need to pierce them, they are really good at melting in there and yes, wear a long pad. Semen helps too! Keep it in there for 5 min at least! Don't be afraid to take more, it can't hurt. You don't want to end up with a c/s!
Old 03-21-2012, 09:37 PM   #16
Br2me
Registered Users
seller
seller

ok im in the dark here...what is EPO...evening primrose oil maybe?!?!? i have no clue and guess i should!!! i sooo dont want to have yet another csection ...sooo tell me all about this little trick to get things going...
Br2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:23 PM   #17
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910 View Post
Gotta say ladies, I'm uber jealous that you'll be holding your babies before me! Enjoy the newborn squishiness!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer's Wife View Post
Semen helps too! Keep it in there for 5 min at least! Don't be afraid to take more, it can't hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br2me View Post
ok im in the dark here...what is EPO...evening primrose oil maybe?!?!? i have no clue and guess i should!!! i sooo dont want to have yet another csection ...sooo tell me all about this little trick to get things going...
Yep! But I don't know much about it besides that you're right on what it is and it does something to ripen to cervix perhaps? I'm considering starting something like this on April 15th, we'll see. I didn't do anything with DD to stimulate labor but this time we have a little bit more of a time crunch if we want to have my mw and not pay oodles to stay in a rental closer to her.

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12

Last edited by SeaChellsRun; 03-21-2012 at 10:25 PM.
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:29 PM   #18
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer's Wife View Post
Semen helps too! Keep it in there for 5 min at least! Don't be afraid to take more, it can't hurt.

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:36 AM   #19
jessicalev8
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashayla&acensmom View Post
Did you ever get put on Ursol? I found that putting medicated lotion (menthol) on itchy spots really helps. I couldn't find the Serna lotion that is supposed to help. I am also taking 3 Milk thistle tabs every morning which helps with liver health. that helps with your milk production too, so killing two birds with one stone! I almost cried when i read "This time next week I will be holding my baby". WOW. Sooo surreal. I don't know why it doesn't seem real yet for me, I already have 3 kids at home and all the baby stuff is set up!
Nope, I didnt start itching until right at 37 weeks and it took me days to get them to even run the right tests. Of course everything came back normal but I am still itching and have a few other symptoms. So that and my bp being high theyre gonna go ahead and induce. I want to do it naturally but I go to bed every night worrying about the baby and then of course, the stress makes me itch more lol.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:27 PM   #20
Farmer's Wife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaChellsRun View Post
Oh my word!!! That sounds SO funny!! I didn't even realize what I said with those two sentences beside each other!!! It's true! You can never take too much semen! LOL My DH has suggested that it would work better if I took it orally!! MEN! Of course he would think that! LOL Too funny, good catch Chelly!