Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-21-2012, 01:32 PM   #1
carolinaem
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Newborn diapers and detergent

I have cloth diapered my 1st two, but started each at 6 months. I used Original Tide then. I know they recommend scent free, sensitive detergents for nb clothes etc, so do I need to do the same for diapers? Seems like such a newb question, but I have no idea and I want to get prepping

Advertisement

carolinaem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:07 AM   #2
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Newborn diapers and detergent

Cayden had to have ONLY all f&c, while William did just fine with reg tide. You could just try what you have and go from there or just wash everything with a free detergent. it just depends on the child. Cayden even reacted when family held him. William has other densitivities, but not to washing detergent.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:12 AM   #3
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

You might end up finding a Free and Clear detergent is needed, but you can give it a shot with regular and see how it goes. I don't think you'd need to change unless you find rashes forming. DS and I have only done good with Free and Clear, but we have sensitive skin.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:24 AM   #4
raagen
Registered Users
seller

I like tide free and gentle a lot. All free and clear worked great with my first, but we got stinkies with my second.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 03-22-2012, 08:26 AM   #5
carolinaem
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks ladies! I am a Tide girl so I will try the free and gentle and see how it goes.
carolinaem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:28 AM   #6
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I bought Cheer Free when ds was born and since I only washed his clothes and blankets (wasn't diapering at the time) the one bottle lasted me almost a year!

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:15 AM   #7
ChickWhitt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've always used Rocking Green for diapers, and then Arm and Hammer sensitive skin for everyone's clothes. So far so good on our little man!
ChickWhitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:44 AM   #8
momgoddess
Registered Users
seller

None of my kids have ever had any sensitivities to detergents so I've been prepping all my newbie clothes and blankets with Dreft and all my diapers with regular scent Tide Ultra powder and ECover fabric softener with an extra rinse. I personally love my laundry to smell like fresh detergent. I don't like the unscented stuff. But I'll switch if the baby seems sensitive.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:03 PM   #9
ahblessedmama
Registered Users
seller

I used Purex Free and Clear with two of my kiddos and they always had rashes and the diapers didn't seem that clean. I gave up CD, then read posts about Tide, so tried with my 5th (but not until he was 1). We have very, very sensitive skin so I was worried about the Tide, but it worked great and my diapers were clean. So I am ready to try it on a newborn too, but even at 1 yrs old we didn't have problems. My newborns are always super rashy no matter what I do though.
ahblessedmama is offline   Reply With Quote