Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-21-2012, 08:00 PM   #11
fluffycheeks
Registered Users
seller

Woohoooo! I need to get off my phone and check this thread on my computer so I can see the pics.

Advertisement

Old 03-21-2012, 09:36 PM   #12
mamaspice
Registered Users

So.Cute. This thread is making me want to go check out with those large Sandy's I put in my "cart."

Where does everyone like to buy their ME?

I am really trying to post some cute me pics but this ap won't let me !!!
mamaspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:45 PM   #13
lady longs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: The "I <3 Mother-Ease" Thread 2012

On where to buy sandys - motherease has good customer service and gives 1 free for every 12 purchased. Fluffy cheeks offers a % off for DS users. Mothers milk offers sev dollars off each diaper when u order 12 or more. That's a few good options...
lady longs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:06 PM   #14
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn97
Are their covers usually really good too? I thought I'd heard that they were and bought one (a Rikki wrap). It feels substantial but it looks ratty after only a couple months' use. We only use it at night so it gets used for 2-3 diapers a week and gets washed 1-2 times a week. Is this normal?
The covers really are that great. We have used the Airflows for years. My 9 and 12 year olds wore the ones we have now, as well as ds who is 2. They are still in perfect condition & held up beautifully in storage, too. They are over 10 years old & on their 3rd user.
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:16 PM   #15
keithmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
One thing I really like about the covers is that they never wick around the legs. We use Rikki wraps and wizard duo covers. They are known for never leaking.

Also, I think ME has the best stay dry fabric in all the cloth diapering world
Old 03-21-2012, 11:25 PM   #16
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our cover isn't leaking...it just looks bad (lots of pilling, curling velcro, etc). I'm surprised by this, too, as it doesn't get used a ton and this is the ONLY cover (or diaper for that matter) that has these issues). I must've gotten a bum one. To be fair, it is working fine (less the velcro being hard to stick b/c of the curling).
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:19 AM   #17
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssand23 View Post
The covers really are that great. We have used the Airflows for years. My 9 and 12 year olds wore the ones we have now, as well as ds who is 2. They are still in perfect condition & held up beautifully in storage, too. They are over 10 years old & on their 3rd user.
I find this kind of amazing!

I had a MEAF cover for Sully, but it was too small. I guess I need to get him a L. I think they are kinda goofy and poofy, but in a cool, old-school way.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:23 AM   #18
QHoneyB
Registered Users
seller

I can't wait to start using my ME diapers again! Unfortunately I had to sell all my sandy's and most of my airflow covers. I only have M/L and L size covers, and half a dozen MEOS. I loved them as night diapers with my DD a couple years ago. If I get enough money perhaps I'll be able to get some newborn sandy's, they look TOO cute!
Old 03-22-2012, 10:33 AM   #19
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

One of the main things I like about ME on boys is that there is a bit of room for their parts to not get squished. I know that most people are looking for the trimmest, most absorbent diaper, but I personally wouldn't want to wear something that is all tight and layered up, I would rather my son be comfy.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:56 AM   #20
Luvingmy4boys
Registered Users
Formerly: sahmto3boys
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephcrouse View Post
One of the main things I like about ME on boys is that there is a bit of room for their parts to not get squished. I know that most people are looking for the trimmest, most absorbent diaper, but I personally wouldn't want to wear something that is all tight and layered up, I would rather my son be comfy.

This is one of the reasons that I love these diapers. I feel like my son is much more comfy in them because it's roomy. I sell anything that remotely looks like it's squishing his boy parts. I use the MEOS fitteds and I love the Airflow covers. I use size large and just close it as loosely as possible to not leave marks. I like the Sandys but the side snaps would leave impression marks on his hips no matter how loose I closed it. If they were not exposed, I would love them too.

I agree that the covers are not that pretty and they are poofy but they are so dependable that it makes up for that. They wash well and are very gentle on the legs. They are simple but do the job very well.

I am actually considering just using the Airflows and MEOS for the summer. I have 2 wool shorties that I'll probably use to alternate. They are so much easier than folding prefolds or flats and using snappis.