Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-22-2012, 11:04 AM   #21
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: The "I <3 Mother-Ease" Thread 2012

I just stashed up on prefolds, and I do love them, but I am finding I can't snappi them or his bits look squished. He is way too wiggly for pinning right now.
So, away they are going to go for a while. I will just keep out my padfolded flats for laying into my Nikky's wool wraps, and we will use wool soakers and shorts over the ME the rest of the time.
The only thing is when we leave the house...are the MEOS or Sandy's going to work for us?

Advertisement

Old 03-22-2012, 11:18 AM   #22
Luvingmy4boys
Registered Users
Formerly: sahmto3boys
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephcrouse View Post

I just stashed up on prefolds, and I do love them, but I am finding I can't snappi them or his bits look squished. He is way too wiggly for pinning right now.
So, away they are going to go for a while. I will just keep out my padfolded flats for laying into my Nikky's wool wraps, and we will use wool soakers and shorts over the ME the rest of the time.
The only thing is when we leave the house...are the MEOS or Sandy's going to work for us?

Are you by chance my diapering triplet? Faiths13 is my twin but now I'm starting to wonder about how we're related.

I have some buttery soft DR orange edges that I just prepped and a dozen flats that I'm considering selling once I wash the few used ones and just go with all MEOS. Until I started using prefolds consistently again, I now remembered why I stopped using them and it's because of being squished down there. Getting a snappi on is a pain because it doesn't get snug enough because I don't like to put tension on the third claw because I'm afraid it will hurt him. Boingos work better but again I have the squished parts issue with the prefold.

I have used the MEOS with an Airflow or Dappi nylon pull on to go out without a problem. The Sandys would be too bulky.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:35 AM   #23
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

YES!!

I've often wondered if I was related to her, so I think you are on to something!

I always feel like I take such a loss on trying to love prefolds again.

My dozen medium DRs I will save for my sister to use, My dozen large DRs and dozen large Imagines...I am going to keep the DRs here for backups, and the Imagines are going to get chopped up into little pieces at Tinkle Traps. They will be lovely prefitteds, and then I will have a nice prefold that I can snap on and use under my wool soakers/shorts.

I am trying to find the pics of the MEOS I used on Bennett to see what kind they were, I think they were organic... I want to try them again, but will probably choose bamboo.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:36 AM   #24
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

YES!!

I've often wondered if I was related to her, so I think you are on to something!

I always feel like I take such a loss on trying to love prefolds again.

My dozen medium DRs I will save for my sister to use, My dozen large DRs and dozen large Imagines...I am going to keep the DRs here for backups, and the Imagines are going to get chopped up into little pieces at Tinkle Traps. They will be lovely prefitteds, and then I will have a nice prefold that I can snap on and use under my wool soakers/shorts.

I am trying to find the pics of the MEOS I used on Bennett to see what kind they were, I think they were organic... I want to try them again, but will probably choose bamboo.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:40 AM   #25
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

Okay, so we will be one big happy family then, cause I'm sure I'm related to faiths13 and steph too.

I am suddenly on a prefold kick today while our BGE stash is in the wash...then I started thinking maybe I could just do the prefolds only. Or maybe I'd add in a few bamboo sandys... I know though that I get sick of prefolds quickly, but I NEED simplicity. I really love our BGEs though and they are working fine so I have no idea why I am suddenly thinking OOOOH I'd love to get some bamboo Sandys and some soft wool soakers....

Last edited by FernHollow; 03-22-2012 at 11:43 AM.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:40 AM   #26
kymdenise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I sold off my sandy's after I had DS, and now that I'm expecting again, I SO REGRET IT!! I scored a few off fsot here, they are my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE. Just smooshy and movable and so comfy for baby. Great with wool or my favorite, meaf covers.
Cautiously expecting number 5 in October
kymdenise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:42 AM   #27
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

Oh and I was going to ask about using Sandys as trainers - what kind of covers would work for that? Or do you typically let them go coverless? I am confused about that. Maybe if I buy some Sandys for the toddlers then I can keep my simple stash for the baby
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:51 AM   #28
Luvingmy4boys
Registered Users
Formerly: sahmto3boys
seller

My Mood:

Rebecca- Welcome to the family! I've used mostly pockets and AI2s for the winter but now it's warming up and those usually make my DS sweaty so I usually go for fitteds in the summer. The worse part is that my DS just turned 3 and I'm still buying diapers when I should be working on PL'ing. I'm waiting on 3 Bumstoppers (2 fitteds and 1 AI2) after reading so many raves about them. He's my last baby so I guess that's why it's not top priority right now.

Last edited by Luvingmy4boys; 03-22-2012 at 11:55 AM.
Luvingmy4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:52 AM   #29
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I had Bennett try pulling the large bamboo sandy (from pic in op) down and up, and I was amazed at how well these would work for trainers! I would say coverless at home, and then maybe with Dappi pull ons for out and about, nights/naps etc.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:53 AM   #30
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hate this thread! Everytime it comes up I want to buy more ME! Urg..
thirdtimemomma is offline   Reply With Quote