Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-21-2012, 10:21 AM   #1
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I went in for an ultrasound yesterday. I was 8 wks on Sunday, but only measured 6 wks & 1 day yesterday w/a very faint, slow heartbeat (couldn't even measure the rate.) Has anyone had this happen & continued on to have a healthy pregnancy? I am so scared that I am losing this baby too. I m/c in December as well, but earlier @ 5wks. I am 99.9% sure of my dates. We only DTD one time & I got my BFP @ 11 dpo, 4 days before AF was due. If you go by the measurements, the tech dated conception after I got my BFP. This isn't going to turn out well is it?!

Advertisement

Last edited by leviandgarettsmom; 03-21-2012 at 11:19 AM.
leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:35 AM   #2
Beccadssmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Baby measuring 2 wks behind :(

W/ DD who was born healthy on Feb 22, weighing 7lbs 4.8 oz, she measured at the 7th percentile for weight at the 20 week ultrasound.
Everything else was fine, organs, length, head circumference -- it was just that she weighed so little. At the next ultrasound (we had six total) she was up to 14% and it went up from there.
The first ultrasound was at 5/6 weeks and they too couldn't get a heart rate but said it was just so early.
I don't know if that helps at all. I hope everything goes well for you.

Beccadssmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:35 AM   #3
Beccadssmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

W/ DD who was born healthy on Feb 22, weighing 7lbs 4.8 oz, she measured at the 7th percentile for weight at the 20 week ultrasound.
Everything else was fine, organs, length, head circumference -- it was just that she weighed so little. At the next ultrasound (we had six total) she was up to 14% and it went up from there.
The first ultrasound was at 5/6 weeks and they too couldn't get a heart rate but said it was just so early.
I don't know if that helps at all. I hope everything goes well for you.

Beccadssmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:27 AM   #4
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't know...I've never had an ultrasound that early, but I definitely believe that some babies just grow slower based on my last baby just born monday. He was only 7 pounds 2 ounces at 41 weeks and looks like a 38 weeker. But I already had a positive pregnancy test before 38 weeks, so I know that my date was correct. My first baby was also small, so apparently I just grow them more slowly or smaller than others.

I hope that everything turns out okay for you and your baby!
Old 03-21-2012, 07:57 PM   #5
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Based on LMP I was supposed to be 7 weeks at my first ultrasound where I measured exactly 6 with no heartbeat, and then 2 weeks later I measured 7w3d with a healthy heartbeat. I had just stopped charting but tended to O around CD19/CD20 so I could explain it.

Even with an exact conception date babies can take a week or more to finally implant and start producing hormones. It could explain the difference. Not that it will, but it may. The best answer will come from another ultrasound in 2 weeks. If the growth is appropriate (around 8 weeks) then everything should be okay. In the maentime I'll be praying for you and your baby and hoping for the best

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:57 AM   #6
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:
I charted and know when I O'd and the one time we did it...so very certain of my days. First US, I measured 2 weeks small and no heartbeat yet(i knew I was 7wks and a few days) another one a week later, now measured a week small, slower hb, another a week later and exactly on date off by just a couple days at my 20wk test Nd all looks good! Baby is Sooo small that early on, and grow at different rates! time will tell!
Old 03-22-2012, 06:20 AM   #7
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabelino
I charted and know when I O'd and the one time we did it...so very certain of my days. First US, I measured 2 weeks small and no heartbeat yet(i knew I was 7wks and a few days) another one a week later, now measured a week small, slower hb, another a week later and exactly on date off by just a couple days at my 20wk test Nd all looks good! Baby is Sooo small that early on, and grow at different rates! time will tell!
That's me...OPK testing & only dtd once so there's only that one chance. Only difference is I'm measuring the 2 wks behind with super slow hb @ 8 wks 2 days. I wanted an Oct baby so I bad & I know God can work miracles...but I don't think this one is going to be one.

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:37 AM   #8
andyoly82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by leviandgarettsmom

That's me...OPK testing & only dtd once so there's only that one chance. Only difference is I'm measuring the 2 wks behind with super slow hb @ 8 wks 2 days. I wanted an Oct baby so I bad & I know God can work miracles...but I don't think this one is going to be one.
Breathe! If it took a little longer to implant with this baby then your dates aren't off. The baby's heart starts to beat around 6 weeks after implantation so that could explain it being low and faint. You could have been seeing the first heart beats. With this pregnancy I charted, I knew exactly when I Od. I went in for my first us expecting to be 8 weeks and was only measuring 6w 3days. I learned that it can take that long for implantation to happen. I am now carrying a healthy, strong baby boy who kicks mama so much. I'll keep you in my prayers. Please don't stress so much (I know it's hard) because right now your little bean is alive!!! (((hugs)))