Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-22-2012, 12:28 PM   #31
pcjs
Registered Users

Re: What's in your stash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_aurora View Post
You could always get a sporty SUV I love my X5 and even though I'm getting a bigger SUV we are keeping it for days when I only have my 3
The problem is if we get another SUV, I want to go slightly bigger than my Equinox and I prefer not to go over $30,000/new. Ours is bit snug with gear/kids in it. I want to get a car with the back up camera and a fancy stereo as its important to my husband (I don't care and just want heated seats but I will not buy leather). We just need a second car that I can drive as I am too lazy to learn stick and its hard if we need to trade cars. I like the idea of one fun car and one practical car. I just want another cool new car seat that matches.

Humm... you know when you call in love.... and if you are able to adopt, those 3 may turn into 4 or 5.

Advertisement

Old 03-22-2012, 12:37 PM   #32
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

DD - 4, 30lbs, 40in
My old bessy: Cowmoo Blvd (older 65lb version)
My mom's Trailblazer: another Cowmoo Blvd

DS - 3 in a month, 37lbs, 38/38.5in (not totally sure)
Mine: SK Radian XTSL
Mom's: another XTSL

DS - 5 weeks, ~12lbs (this week, he keeps packing it on ), ~23in
Mine: Lamaze True Fit Premier
Spare: Safety 1st OnBoard 35. We've never used it in the car because while the base installs great in my third row, there's not enough front to back for the seat itself. I got it on sale primarily for occasions where baby wearing isn't as practical (dr appt for me or olders, church, restaurant, grocery shopping alone)

I'm a SAHM so mine don't really have a need for seats in my husband's car. If he decides to take one or both with him somewhere he just drives mine since ours are exactly the same, just with different paint, different CD players, and his has a sunroof.

Last edited by Dory; 03-22-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Dory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:44 PM   #33
Dory
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcjs

The problem is if we get another SUV, I want to go slightly bigger than my Equinox and I prefer not to go over $30,000/new. Ours is bit snug with gear/kids in it. I want to get a car with the back up camera and a fancy stereo as its important to my husband (I don't care and just want heated seats but I will not buy leather). We just need a second car that I can drive as I am too lazy to learn stick and its hard if we need to trade cars. I like the idea of one fun car and one practical car. I just want another cool new car seat that matches.

Humm... you know when you call in love.... and if you are able to adopt, those 3 may turn into 4 or 5.
Ah, for the most part, you can put whatever kind of stereo in anything you buy with whatever quality or size you want.
And no leather? I leather. No stains! lol
Old 03-22-2012, 12:50 PM   #34
babycat42
Registered Users
seller
seller

In my minivan I have 2 nautilus and a britax roundabout.
in dh's car an evenflo hbb a graco hhb and a graco comfort sport
in my mom's conversion van 2 alpha omegas
and also 2 more graco comfort sports and a combi shuttle and I think I have a few more but i can't remember what.
babycat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:04 PM   #35
an_aurora
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcjs View Post

We are planning on 6 hopefully adopting 3 or adopting 2 and having another... So yeah DH gets my car.

I love love love my leather seats. I couldn't live without them
an_aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:30 PM   #36
pcjs
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thing1 & Thing2 View Post
Ah, for the most part, you can put whatever kind of stereo in anything you buy with whatever quality or size you want.
And no leather? I leather. No stains! lol
I'd rather do it all together as we'll never do it. For years we have been saying we will do a hitch for my car and never have.

I'm a vegetarian and don't wear leather. I may do it for my husband but the leather smell really really bothers me. My mom just got a leather car and it was terrible to get into. No stains would be nice. We don't eat in our car and only on rare occasions let our son have a sippy in the car and he normally will hold it till we can take it from him.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:33 PM   #37
pcjs
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_aurora View Post
We are planning on 6 hopefully adopting 3 or adopting 2 and having another... So yeah DH gets my car.

I love love love my leather seats. I couldn't live without them
Good! My husband offered me the new car but I don't care enough about cars and don't feel like freaking out trying to keep a new car perfect anymore. He has a long commute so he gets the new one.

You are much braver than me. Two kids would be my limit. But, my husband has 3, and he's like 4 is plenty. (we'll see. if we try again I don't want to do it till this fall when our son is 3 and more independent) Its too bad I don't really worry about what he wants. He just gets to pay for the next one since I did the first one. I just tell him to sign the paperwork and agree to everything the social worker says.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:02 PM   #38
Dory
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcjs

I'd rather do it all together as we'll never do it. For years we have been saying we will do a hitch for my car and never have.

I'm a vegetarian and don't wear leather. I may do it for my husband but the leather smell really really bothers me. My mom just got a leather car and it was terrible to get into. No stains would be nice. We don't eat in our car and only on rare occasions let our son have a sippy in the car and he normally will hold it till we can take it from him.
Ah ok, that makes sense. mine's old so it's probably pleather anyhow.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:31 PM   #39
monica-m
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcjs View Post
Can you try the Pria in a sports car for me if you have access to one? I am curious if it will work FF in a newer Mustang (we'll take a Pria probably car shopping) as I like our Pria's but I don't feel like dealing with my parents to get one right now. We are debating between an SUV and another sports car. (I don't think our kid is going to agree to another SUV as he's a sports car boy).
If I happen upon a sports car to try it, I will.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:17 PM   #40
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by javabarnes View Post
It is a total obsession
Yep!

I am actually on the low end for what I normally have right now. I sold a couple extras that I didn't really like and gave 1 away and 2 are in the hands of the USPS right now. Once your kid PL's you need something else to obsess over since diapers are out of the picture lol I am in the process of revamping our stash of seats and I'm not sure what I am going to put where. I really need an infinite slide harness in my grandmothers and dads car for transporting 2 different kiddos so there will be some moving around soon

Last edited by TalkinBoutMyGirl; 03-22-2012 at 09:18 PM.
TalkinBoutMyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote