Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-22-2012, 11:17 AM   #1
Ummsamiyah
Registered Users
seller

Please tell me about Kawaii and Alva

I have NEVER seen them here on DS but they look so inexpensive! What's up with them?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

Ummsamiyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:26 AM   #2
nahrie
Registered Users

Re: Please tell me about Kawaii and Alva

I can't speak for Alva, but we've had Kawaii OS round tab snap in our rotation for a little over a year. They fit bigger than other OS diapers do, at least on my ds. They fit better around 14 to 15 lbs. They come with 2 inserts, which is nice for heavy wetters or overnight. They're pretty much bulletproof and can take a beating really well.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:28 AM   #3
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate

They are inexpensive because they are made in china. I don't have alva diapers, but I do have they're wet bags, and they have held up well. I have some kawaii little green baby, once they were prepped, they have worked great ever since. Many people don't like them simply because they are made in china. You may look into sunbaby too, they are also made in china.
theonenonlymrssmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:37 AM   #4
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have Kawaii, Sunbaby, and Alva. I cannot compare them to most of the more pricey diapers (BG, RR, FB) because I don't have any. I also started cloth when my ds was older and bigger so I've never used them snapped smaller.

They seem well made for the most part. I would have to say my favorite is the Sunbaby...but that's mainly because of the cute prints. The Alva is probably my least favorite because the one I have is quite difficult to snap, plus the Alva website confuses the liver out of me. The Sunbaby website also kind of confuses me...but the diapers are all very nice. The Kawaii I purchased are bamboo and I use them as night time pockets. I really like the inserts they came with!

If I was purchasing new (for an older child...as I can't vouch for smaller) I would definitely go with any of these. They are a good value for the price.

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:51 AM   #5
tjmacke
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have a few different types of Alva diapers and I really like them. They got me started on cloth diapering my kids very inexpensively. If you do decide to get any, go for the ones that have the hip snap, I've found those to be my favorite. 10 diapers for $50, shipping included, you can't beat that price. They seem to hold up very well. In fact, I've had them longer than I've had my fuzzibunz smalls, and they seem like they hold up better. My fuzzibunz have little snags in the outer part of the pul and seem to stain easier. Look for goodseller on ebay, that is the one I've had the best luck with. As long as you don't mind waiting about a month for diapers, they are pretty good. That said, my newest addiction is BumGenius 4.0 snap diaper. I seem to have less issues with leaking around the legs with bg diapers so far (even fuzzibunz had some issues)
tjmacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:53 AM   #6
tjmacke
Registered Users

My Mood:

Oh yes, and I agree with some others that you would have to wait for baby to get 10-15 lbs before wearing the Alvas. Also, my toddler is 30 lbs and they seem a bit too small for him, but he can wear bg 4.o
tjmacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:23 PM   #7
Ummsamiyah
Registered Users
seller

My DD is just hitting 2 months and is a about 9 pounds. I think she runs in the thinner side. Thoughts? It sounds like these dipes are better for older kiddoes. TIA : )

Old 03-22-2012, 12:26 PM   #8
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummsamiyah View Post
I have NEVER seen them here on DS but they look so inexpensive! What's up with them?

what everyone else said, one question tho. how have you NEVER seem them on here?? i see thread about them every week, if not every day. they are very popular, and from what i hear, work wonderfully.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:09 PM   #9
Ummsamiyah
Registered Users
seller

Oh! Lol. Maybe I am just on the wrong threads! Are they all pocket dipes?

Old 03-22-2012, 01:16 PM   #10
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Kawaii makes a cover...but mainly pockets. They usually sell fast though unless they are overpriced.

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote