Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-23-2012, 04:00 PM   #21
MNclothdiaperin'Momma
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: weekly chat March 22-25

Bridget-so glad the shower went great!

Tessa-I'm sending you some good vibes...I think your body may surprise you this time around!

DH is planning on taking a month off from work after the baby is born. He ends up with so much time he needs to take off a year, that he decided to take a large chunk of time when baby is born.

Advertisement

& DS (4/13/12)

MNclothdiaperin'Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:50 PM   #22
ashayla&acensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNclothdiaperin'Momma View Post

DH is planning on taking a month off from work after the baby is born. He ends up with so much time he needs to take off a year, that he decided to take a large chunk of time when baby is born.
Whoa! I think I would go nuts if DH was home for a whole month! Gutsy! My dh was between jobs when I brought DD home, and I HATED spending my WHOLE maternity leave with him playing video games while I took care of baby and cleaned. Granted, that was 6 years ago, and he has gotten WAY better, it would still be stressful to have him there the whole time. He is taking 3 days (M-W) but I will be in the hossy till prolly Tues afternoonish.

Married Momma of 4 DS (2-00), DD1 (12-05),DS(8-08)and DD2 (3-12)
ashayla&acensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:54 PM   #23
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

I wish DH could take time off. Having just started a new job as a supervisor, I'll be lucky to get him home for a day or two. He took a week off when DD1 was born, but he was just a worker in a job he'd been with for a long time. I really needed him then with the c-section, hopefully I won't have that wrinkle this time.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:14 PM   #24
Br2me
Registered Users
seller
seller

we own a oil field business and well business has been slow so DH is around most of the time...not in the house but outside working or in and out or here for a few hours and gone to a job...he can usually just send the crew out on a job and him stick sorund here somewhere...that being said...

DH will for sure stay at hossy with me and baby...then once we get home my mother comes during the day for her two weeks off and DH comes and goes as needed/wanted during te day and helps at night...with both girls being CS i needed alot of help just getting up and down those first days/nights home...after that DH will more than likely be around but outside and if needed i will call him to come in and help...that is what i did when we had dd2...and it worked ok for us...

soo glad that everyone seems to have a good support system!! yay for that!!
Br2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:37 PM   #25
MNclothdiaperin'Momma
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashayla&acensmom View Post
Whoa! I think I would go nuts if DH was home for a whole month! Gutsy! My dh was between jobs when I brought DD home, and I HATED spending my WHOLE maternity leave with him playing video games while I took care of baby and cleaned. Granted, that was 6 years ago, and he has gotten WAY better, it would still be stressful to have him there the whole time. He is taking 3 days (M-W) but I will be in the hossy till prolly Tues afternoonish.
His job is to keep the "big kids" occupied. Last time he was home for 6 weeks with us and it was great! It let me get in a good groove with DS and DD didn't feel left out. Hopefully it works this time too, but DS is really a mommas boy. It might be really interesting.
& DS (4/13/12)

Old 03-23-2012, 06:12 PM   #26
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sounds like everyone is getting busy and ready... Or having their baby!! I'm ready for baby to get here but mentally not ready for baby to be here.

DH takes work when he wants to work and when he does work he's gone for 4-5 days. He will at least take the first weekend off. If we're closer to work at the time and a really good money call comes in and we're stable he may take it. MIL is flying into town end of April and will be coming to stay with us after LO is born. I'm sure he'll go back to work at that point as two emotional women, DH, an emotional toddler and a NB in a small condo will be a bit much for him

Bridget - What a wonderful blessing! And you didn't think many would come

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12

Last edited by SeaChellsRun; 03-23-2012 at 06:20 PM.
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:27 AM   #27
crunch!910
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightblonde View Post
How do you know you aren't dilated? With dd I was 2-3cm for weeks before she was born, 4 when I got to the hospital and had her less than 2 hrs later - I couldn't feel dilation at all. This time I'm not getting checked until 41 weeks at the earliest (had dd at 39+2).
I've checked myself. With DS, I was high hard and long. At least this time my cervix feels squishy and soft and is maybe almost 1cm, but definitely not 2-3cm. I think I need to increase the EPO doseage for this week! I'd LOVE to get the ball rolling and have a baby very soon after my EDD of April 1.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:45 AM   #28
ashayla&acensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910 View Post
I've checked myself. With DS, I was high hard and long. At least this time my cervix feels squishy and soft and is maybe almost 1cm, but definitely not 2-3cm. I think I need to increase the EPO doseage for this week! I'd LOVE to get the ball rolling and have a baby very soon after my EDD of April 1.
With all 3 of my kids, I didn't dialate till in labor... I went from 4cm to 10 in 45 min! Every labor is different, don't stress yourself!!

Married Momma of 4 DS (2-00), DD1 (12-05),DS(8-08)and DD2 (3-12)
ashayla&acensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:11 AM   #29
MNclothdiaperin'Momma
Registered Users

My Mood:

MIL called this morning to let us know that my SIL(who just got to 34 weeks yesterday) started going into labor on her way to MN. She was taking a 5 hour drive with her 2 yr old by herself since her DH didn't want to be in the car that long. MIL is so excited and can't wait for the baby to be here and she was shocked when she told DH and he told her that the baby hopefully will stay put for a couple more weeks...Since SIL has had a lot of ultrasounds with this baby(dialated kidneys that have cleared up) MIL thinks that all will be good since last week baby looked to be about 4lbs. Ummm, pretty sure there is more than just weight that factors into how baby will be when born. Anyways, if you get a chance, send them some prayers or good vibes.
& DS (4/13/12)

Old 03-24-2012, 09:46 AM   #30
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

Yikes Amy, it is scary that your mil is excited at the possibility of a 34 wk-er, thinking of her and the baby.

DP was nice and let me sleep until after 10 this morning, I woke up, showered, ate and am now back at work for the day. Poor dd isn't feeling well, she has a terrible nasty sounding cough and keeps complaining that her belly hurts so she is skipping the bday party for the play group we go to today.

Hopefully he manages to get some cleaning done. I had trouble feeling sorry for him this morning when dd woke up early and wanted to play with him - he could have gone to bed way sooner last night - all he cleaned were dinner dishes..my counter was no longer cleared off like I worked so hard to get - right before I worked - and there was junk everywhere on the floor(rollerblades in the middle of the dining room, the box open and empty on the couch, etc)..dd goes to bed by 7 so he literally did nothing until almost midnight (aside from watch tv and video games). I mean, I get that he works all day but if he wants me working too right now I need a little help, I don't get ANY time without dd while I am not working, he gets a few hours a night.

After seeing all these babies start to be born I am thinking I really need to get on my birth kit and diaper ordering just in case I have this thing a little early - not something I am counting on but I should probably prepare a little bit anyway. It would be so much easier is we received the stupid almost 500$ check on time..it should have been here early last week, would make everything less stressful right now.