Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-23-2012, 05:22 PM   #1
EmsMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Birthday Ettiquette

It is dd's best friends birthday today, she lives across the street. Apparently tomorrow is her family party and she's allowed to bring two friends. She told me that the two friends are my dd and another neighbour girl. Her friend party has yet to be determined but it is rumoured to be next weekend. So my question is do I need to send a present tomorrow if there will be another party next weekend? I feel weird sending dd without a gift especially with this girls family all there but I really don't want to buy two presents. Should I send something small tomorrow and then something better for the other party? I haven't spoken with the other mom at all, we don't talk very often.

Advertisement

Old 03-23-2012, 05:37 PM   #2
ashersmomoo
Registered Users
seller

I would do a neat (but cheap) homemade present for family. Like a "sleepover kit" or home made play dough in a cute bucket with a handmade card or even a movie night kit. I can't see the age on my phone, but I would do something in that general idea. That way you are only spending $5 or so, so she doesn't have to go empty handed, then buy a more appropriate gift for the friend party that your daughter picks out.
DW to my BFF and DH! In SAHM heaven to my 3 perfect boys: Asher (9/2/05) , Oliver (2/24/08) , and Gabriel (3/30/12) Novice urban farmer, trying to feed my family on 1/3 acre! http://wildcardgardenbug.blogspot.com/
ashersmomoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:38 PM   #3
KiteGirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Birthday Ettiquette

I'd just buy one gift and send it tomorrow. If she's invited to the other party I'd have your daughter make something or just call it "good."
KiteGirl: Mother of one boy, Cy Wife and Partner to John, educator, and perpetual student. I'm into cloth diapering (although Cy is a potty-using boy now!), babywearing, crib sleeping, vaccinating and circumcising, and am happy to support you in what you believe, as well.
KiteGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:41 PM   #4
momofdestructobaby
Registered Users
seller

I'd buy one gift and send it to the family party. IF there does end up being a friend party I'd just send a movie night kit or something to that one.
momofdestructobaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:59 AM   #5
Zoethink
Registered Users
seller

I don't know if things have changed now, but when I was growing up, Birthday dinner at a friend's house was just that; a special dinner with friends. The parties and presents were at another time. Hth!
Old 03-24-2012, 11:02 AM   #6
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Buy one present and ask the mom Which party she would prefer DD to bring it too. That way the mom knows your only doing one present and questions can be fielded if anyone is a butt and questions why your DD is present-less.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:52 PM   #7
Teexie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkinBoutMyGirl View Post
Buy one present and ask the mom Which party she would prefer DD to bring it too. That way the mom knows your only doing one present and questions can be fielded if anyone is a butt and questions why your DD is present-less.
Agree with this
Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:53 PM   #8
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkinBoutMyGirl
Yep

**I do know how to spell...my iPod on the other hand does not**
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:17 PM   #9
DalesWidda
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
seller

My Mood:

I would buy one present and send it to the friend party. If my dds went to a friend party and was the only one to not bring a gift in front of all the other kids they would be super embaressed.