Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-22-2012, 11:35 AM   #11
tjmacke
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: where does your baby nap at during the day

My twins are now 12 months old and they will only sleep in their cribs on their bellies or sides. When they were newborns and did more naps, they would fall asleep in their bouncy seats a lot. My twins won't fall asleep in my arms, ever anymore. They are used to being put down and allowed to fall asleep on their own.

Advertisement

tjmacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:39 AM   #12
cutebluebaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

A naps either in the bouncer, swing or sleepy wrap (or carseat if she's sleeping after we pick Z up). She sleeps a majority of the night in the crib on her side.

Fabrics : Fitteds : Inserts : Boy Clothes : Girl Clothes
cutebluebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:47 AM   #13
smashncakes
Registered Users
Formerly: bren***this
seller
seller

My Mood:

Reb is 6 months old. He usually naps in our bed, but varies on position...he generally falls asleep on his side while nursing, sometimes rolls to his back, sometimes to his belly, sometimes stays on his side. If I want him to nap longer than 15 minutes or so, I usually need to stay in the bed next to him, either being a mommy-flavored pacifier, reading, playing on my phone, or a combination of some/all. On a rare occasion, he'll fall asleep in his jumperoo, usually when he's refused to nap during any other time the rest of the day...and I just let him sleep in there when that happens.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:47 AM   #14
Bentley'sMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

I put 16 month old ds down for a nap in the car and then transfer him to our 'nap bed.' Mattress on floor in bedroom with light blocking drapes. I lay down with him and nap or do things on my phone like ds. About half the time he'll wake up mid nap and I'll transfer him to his swing for the rest of his nap. This is our new routine as we weaned about 2 months ago. I used to just nurse him to sleep and if he woke up I'd nurse him again. That was so much easier.
Bentley'sMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:48 AM   #15
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

on us, the couch (on belly) or our bed (which is their bed as well). Depends on the age. As they get older, they get put to nap on our bed. Unless they happen to fall asleep on the couch for some reason.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:55 AM   #16
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Every day I have to spend 30 - 40 minutes rocking her to sleep and then if I move her, she'll wake up instantly. So that's another hour or so that I've got to sit and let her nap on me. We go through the same thing at bed time every night but it's a bit better, because we go in a dark room with a white noise machine going so she relaxes much faster and I can put her down eventually.

It takes that long to get her to nap every day because I have 3 other kids running around the house, so I can't just go in the other room and rock her to sleep in there. I have to sit out here to monitor the other kids and the baby will start to nod off, then startle at somebody screaming or the dog barking as it chases the kids around or something like that.

That's why I'm on DS so much lol. I browse while she sleeps on me.

Last edited by Almacham; 03-22-2012 at 08:48 PM.
Almacham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:18 PM   #17
Hands&Fire Pottery
Registered Users
Formerly: hello2000
seller

My Mood:

Mostly swing or my arms, sometimes moby and for a few minutes here or there in Pack and Play or bouncer, but that never lasts.
Hands&Fire Pottery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:28 PM   #18
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

DD naps in our bed mostly, but sometimes she'll fall asleep on the floor when I set her down for a few minutes. She sleeps on her back, side, or belly. DS naps in his crib.

Last edited by sisu; 03-22-2012 at 12:29 PM.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:49 PM   #19
aerobebe1421
Registered Users
seller

As a baby, on me, cradled in my arms, in a SleepyWrap, or on a pillow on the couch. We bed-shared from 3.5 mos+ (co-slept from newborn and still co-sleep). At 10 mos., I was finally able to get him to nap in a Pack-n-Play in our room, but he needed a pillow (). Now, at 22 mos., he still naps in a PnP in our bedroom. We converted his crib over to a toddler bed, in hopes it would entice him to want to even just nap in his bedroom...but, no such luck.

As far as position, on his back or side as an infant. Now, he goes down on his back, but he'll usually flip over to his tummy most nights.
expecting someone new 11.14
aerobebe1421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:42 PM   #20
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

DD1: On my chest until almost 9 months. Then in a crib, after being rocked to sleep, laid down on her back but ended up on her belly.

DD2: On the boppy nuzzled against my breast until almost 6 months (so on her side). Now in the crib after being rocked to sleep, laid down on her back but ends up on her side or tummy.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote