Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-22-2012, 12:41 PM   #1
gogadget
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
mucus plug???

I'm only 36 weeks and a few days, but last week I was 2 cm and 80% effaced then yesterday I'm pretty sure I lost my mucus plug. DH and I DTD on Monday so I wonder if it was left over from that but it looked different. . . . like a gross booger or gob of chicken fat.
Do you think it was the mucus plug? It's progress but I guess it can still be weeks. How long after you lost your plug did you go into labor? I'm hoping for a VBAC this time so a bit early would be great. I really want to avoid an induction like last time.

Advertisement

Old 03-22-2012, 03:06 PM   #2
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: mucus plug???

I 'lost' my plug when my mw checked me and pretty much pulled it out I was 8cm so fully in labor. I had a friend loose her plug and went another week or so before before labor. It grows back

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #3
crunch!910
Registered Users

IT can regenerate, so starting to lose your plug may be encouraging, but it really gives NO indication of WHEN you'll go into labor. A bloody show and losing your plug is more indicative that labor may start soon, but losing the plug alone means nothing.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:20 PM   #4
jessicalev8
Registered Users
seller

I started losing mine at 36 weeks. In very small amounts though. It stopped about a week ago and I've been losing more of it this week - not sure what that means but I am still very pregnant lol.

I didn't lose it with my other 2 until I was in labor.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:19 PM   #5
LnzsOut
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I haven't seen any signs of my plug yet, but with DS1, I lost it in a large non-bloody chunk within a week of giving birth.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:49 AM   #6
my5sons
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've lost small amounts of it over the past several weeks, no bloody show though...it's normal. You could go into labor today or not for 3 more weeks...unfortunately, by itself, not an indicator of impending labor :-) Hang in there, mama! I'll be 37 weeks Sunday, and I am SO ready now...butI think it will be at least another 2 weeks yet for me...don't worry, our babies will all be here before we know it!!! :-)
Old 03-23-2012, 11:16 AM   #7
gogadget
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks mamas! I'm feeling ok these days but find when they do an internal and say that it'll be soon it gets me so anxious! It happened with DS and weeks and weeks went by then I was induced. I'm trying to be prepared for anyday but to just enjoy the time and not get too focused on being impatient!
Old 03-26-2012, 12:40 AM   #8
Farmer's Wife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've lost my mucous plug already and that sucks if it's true that it grows back I am also going for a vbac and am not allowed to be induced so I'm hoping that baby will come soon! I am up late tonight b/c I can't sleep and I'm having almost non-stop BH's! All these things that are positive are unfortunately not a good indictor of labour in the very near future but they are positive since I didnt have ANY of this with my first baby!! Hang in there, I know how you feel! This week I have 3 sweeps lined up, mon, wed, fri and I've already had 3 sweeps done. Each time I get a little closer I think!
Old 03-26-2012, 06:38 AM   #9
momgoddess
Registered Users
seller

Mine never came out whole in any of my pregnancies. It would come out little by little in the last few weeks of pregnancy and it was always blood-tinged, too.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:54 AM   #10
gogadget
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer's Wife View Post
I've lost my mucous plug already and that sucks if it's true that it grows back I am also going for a vbac and am not allowed to be induced so I'm hoping that baby will come soon! I am up late tonight b/c I can't sleep and I'm having almost non-stop BH's! All these things that are positive are unfortunately not a good indictor of labour in the very near future but they are positive since I didnt have ANY of this with my first baby!! Hang in there, I know how you feel! This week I have 3 sweeps lined up, mon, wed, fri and I've already had 3 sweeps done. Each time I get a little closer I think!
I think I lost another chunk of the plug!
I can't/don't want to be induced either and am going to start acupunture this week. I see the dr today and I'm not sure if she plans to do a sweep or not but I'm up for it. I actually switched from my ob to a GP who delivers because the ob wanted to induce me a 36 weeks or just schedule a c section and not let me try for a vbac. He also told me to bake a smaller baby this time and not to eat sugar ever! I was floored and I don't agree with this aproach so I went elsewhere. Baby is much lower this time and I'm more effaced than last time - all good signs! I had loads of BH last time and this time I do too but they don't seem as heavy duty. I'm hoping the sweeps and acupuncture get things going on time. Did you have sweeps in your 37th week? I hope your baby comes soon!