Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-23-2012, 10:52 PM   #21
SewGreenBaby
Registered Users
Formerly: Naturally Pampered
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: what kind of worries do you have when it comes to your children

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpfgirl View Post
I worry about accidents. My biggest fear is losing him.

Every time my son gets sick I'm worried it's some deadly infection and it's usually just a cold. I feel like I have to take him to the er for any injury or illness, just to be certain it's not serious. I always worry that he'll just die in the middle of the night when he's sick! And my life will just be over and I'll be riddled with guilt for not taking him to the er.

Yeay, I'm crazy.

Advertisement

SewGreenBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:24 AM   #22
Bhavana
Registered Users

My Mood:

Like a few pps have mentioned,

1.Paedophiles....you never know the fox in the sheepskin. I worry about how confused and forlorn my kids are going to feel if they had to encounter someone like that.
2.Losing them...in a road accident, kidnapping gone awry, school bullies.
3.Losing a limb/loss of a vital organ.

I dont worry about anything else about them..like if I die, I trust our families to take care of them.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:58 AM   #23
alsatia23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think everyone has different fears and worries in regards to their children. Mine is that someone/something will hurt them. I actually have pretty bad paranoia and anxiety attacks over tornadoes, someone breaking into our house at night, driving our car (how would I ever get three kids out of car seats safely in the event of an accident and before the semi-truck smashes into us), etc. After that, I do worry that either they or I will die. My fiance worries about them choking (that actually doesn't rank on my list of worries), and I know a lot of people worry about suffocation/SIDS, but again, that doesn't rank on my list of worries.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:33 PM   #24
Housefullofgirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Bar none my 2 Fears are my children getting cancer or being kidnapped/killed.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:02 AM   #25
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

I worry so much about loosing my baby. She is getting her 4 month vaccination tomorrow so I worry about that harming her but I'd worry more if I didn't get her vaccinated. But mostly about loosing her. I'm a worrier but my miscarriage before her and fertility struggles made me pessimistic even more. I worry when my husband is holding her on the couch and I'm in the shower that he'll fall asleep and she'll suffocate or her chin will be on her chest and she'll suffocate. Oh, I also worry that for some reason CPS will take her away. Like she'll get injured and they'll say we abused her and take her away.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys

Last edited by chandni3; 03-25-2012 at 08:05 AM.
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:08 AM   #26
little hoot
Registered Users
seller

The only thing that has really seriously crossed my mind (before reading this thread) is that I am paranoid that DD will lose fingers. Every time I pick up a knife in the kitchen or close a door I think about it. I am worried I am going to leave something harmful in the wrong place or get one of her fingers caught and she is going to loose a finger.

Trying out swagbucks.
little hoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:57 PM   #27
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtojande View Post
I worry about the mental health & addiction issues they have in their family history. I worry about all the emotional pain that life can & probably will bring their way at some point. I worry that my sweet, tender-hearted daughter will get crushed by mean people. I worry that my hard-headed boy who takes everything so personally will get swallowed up by depression or anger.

I worry that I'm making life too easy on them, and that they aren't learning to cope with adversity, and I'll produce a couple more spoiled American kids who can't compete globally. I also worry that we aren't doing enough for them. I worry that I'm making all the wrong decisions for them (even though I know that if I made other decisions, I'd worry that those were wrong too). I worry that I'm not a stable, mature, together-enough person to be entrusted with raising two precious people who deserve better.

I worry about drunk drivers. I worry about how my kids will drive in 10 or 12 years. I worry about whether the country will dissolve, economically or politically or both. I worry about doomsday scenarios -- nuclear war, or any war for that matter. Natural disasters. I worry about being separated from my kids during a natural disaster -- what if a huge tornado hits while I'm at work and they're at school?

And about sickness and injury. I worry about them hurting themselves playing sports or climbing too high. I also worry that I'm too overprotective and have to let them take risks more.

Oh, I'm only getting started. Breathe, breathe. Gotta back away from this line of thinking.
You know, I rarely come back to threads I post in but I keep coming back to this one and re-reading your post, particularly the bolded.

Thank you for being so honest! I was afraid to write something similar about my own children.

Last edited by Almacham; 03-25-2012 at 06:50 PM.
Almacham is offline   Reply With Quote