Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-13-2012, 12:53 PM   #111
momof3BBs
Registered Users
seller

Re: If you could quit, would you?

Yes I sure would! My hubby and I have always worked alternate schedules so we didnt need to use much daycare, just family and friends. It was great before we had children in school. Now that we have two in elementary school and a one year old things have gotten so complicated. Always running between school, sports, babysitters and work is a nightmare! If I could quit I would but I carry the health insurance.

Advertisement

momof3BBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:31 AM   #112
twinmomstl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would keep my job for sure. I love being a NICU RN, it's my dream job. My kiddos drive me crazy sometimes and it's good to get away.
Working my dream job as NICU Nurse . I have two not so little monsters Dominick and Gavin born 08/08/08 Still TTC #3
twinmomstl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:16 PM   #113
Paislie98
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Helpers! I love teaching but I would love to be home with my babies. I hate that I miss some of their milestones.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:01 PM   #114
MomMe3
Registered Users

I would love to be able to stay home with my kids. I would try to focus on starting my own business and would eventually do some type of work but I would love to be able to be with my little ones full-time until the age of three and then to be able to freely do school activities with the kids.
MomMe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:23 PM   #115
Lilybug1
Registered Users
seller

Absolutely would quit if I could. Ideally, I'd like to have enough money where maybe we could start our own business which doesn't require a whole lot of my time, but I still have some time for my own thing away from the kids. I tried staying home full-time for a year after my first was born and being a SAHM is tough. I'm just not naturally inclined to be neat, orderly and such. The house was a mess, food was never on the table, but my kid was loved and taken care of. I tried my best to do the domestic chores, but it really was an uphill battle for me. My husband met me in grad school and I t hink in some ways, my staying at home was a bait-and-switch for him. It's important to him to have a working wife, outside out of the supplemental income. It got to the point where we bickered and argued a lot and while I 100% agree that it is wonderful for children to have either their mommy or daddy available to them all day, I also think it is wonderful for them to have two parents that get along and are together as a family unit. It got to the point where it was seriously causing marital problems and I figured if we kept down that road, we would end up splitting up and then I'd have to find a job anyway!

Things have improved since I went back to work but, if my husband was supportive, and we had enough money, I'd love to stay home.

It would probably also help if I actually *liked* my job.
Lilybug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:51 PM   #116
ndmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Nope. I don't love my job everyday but I love what its about. Plus, taking time off during childhood isn't an option in my field. I'd be obsolete in 6 months and I think of my mom who, now that all the kids are grown, has nothing to do.

I WOULD 1. hire household help (I'd never vacuum a floor or fold another pair of underwear...probably would still do diaper laundry tho...its a zen thing) 2. take more family vacations (i get a decent amount of vacation time that I don't use because we can't afford to go anywhere )

Sorry for all those mamas that are stuck working when they don't want too...know that you are doing the best for your kiddos that you can
Old 08-29-2012, 03:38 PM   #117
stephbolt
Registered Users
seller

I'm torn - I have a 2 month old DD and am really dreading going back to work in a few weeks because I know life is going to be insane trying to balance two full time careers with commutes. But I really do love my job most of the time and would get bored out of my mind being home full time with DD. I wish I could either have my current job but no or minimal commute, or work my current job part-time. Sadly neither of those is an option for me at this point, but if I can't manage once I go back I may talk to my boss about flexibility. I work in environmental health and safety for a major chemical company.
stephbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #118
PsychedelicOrigami
Registered Users

No, my dream would be for me to get a big huge raise and let my husband stay at home with Miri. I love her dearly, but I'm the ambitious one in this relationship and we're both happiest with him at home being all domestic and wonderful <3
PsychedelicOrigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:55 AM   #119
ElizasMommy606
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would quit, 100%, hands down. I loved being a stay at home Mom. If DH made the amount of money we need I would definitely quit. I miss being able to be home at dinnertime, being able to put my girls to bed.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:35 PM   #120
ProudGingerMama
Registered Users

I would quit in a heartbeat! When my ODD was born I didn't think that I could be a stay at home mama but since the birth of YDD I would love nothing more than to stay home with them. I am in the Military and their dad and I are divorced. I'd say I am a single parent but I have a new partner and they help out a lot. If we can work it out when I separate from the military in January I will just go to school full time using my GI Bill (online classes with a night class every semester) and them stay home with them but we live in Hawaii and are not sure if we'll be able to afford me not working, unfortunately.