Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-26-2012, 02:19 PM   #121
taylor379k
Registered Users
seller

Re: If you could quit, would you?

I would and will be soon, I'm so darn excited! I only work PT but still being away from my sweet girl is never fun!

Advertisement

taylor379k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:34 AM   #122
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I think id work PT. I desperately love being at home for my LO and to be there to spend time with DH (his schedule is rotating shift work so with me working full time, I can easily sometimes go a week without seeing him.) But, there is nothing like the mental stimulation and socialization my job provides me. I have many friends there and it's nice to email throughout the day and lean on each other when we are struggling, also, the field itself challenges me to keep growing educationally which I love! I work clinically in mental health.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 10-28-2012, 11:06 AM   #123
MommaLEB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes! I'm currently in school to do what I want to do, so if I could be a student mom for now I'd love that. I don't mind working at all, but I hate my job so much and I get paid so little. I currently work reception in a doctor's office.

MommaLEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:12 PM   #124
jenmm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

No, I wouldn't. I have my Master's Degree in IT - Project Management and that's what my job currently involves. It took me years of pain and hard work and debt to get where I am now.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:28 PM   #125
twogirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

In less than a heartbeat!!!
Old 11-01-2012, 09:48 AM   #126
PBPMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, I would quit working and stay home. It would have to be a pretty substantial raise, though. Not that we live extravagantly but I save a lot for my retirement and I would want to be able to sustain that, along with our present lifestyle. I work for an investment company and my job since having the baby is very, very easy. I actually like being here at work and adore my coworkers. I despise the commute (up to 3 hours a day round trip) and the fact that I am away from my son for so many hours of the day. My mom keeps him now, so that is comforting.
PBPMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:14 PM   #127
Meganeliz9
Registered Users
seller

I'm torn on this one. My first instinct is to say yes I'd quit. But, I'm an attorney and I'm passionate about what I do (put the bad guys and girls who abuse children and hurt women in prison). But working is wearing on me--mostly emotionally. I feel like I'm missing out on so much with my son who's 4 months old. I wish I could be with him all the time but I know as he gets older there are lots of benefits to having him in a daycare setting with other kids and people who are just as passionate about his development and better equipped to stimulate him regularly. I"m not going to lie--sometimes I get baby fatigue and look at him like, "well, now what do we do?" I will say that I would love the luxury of having a choice in the matter. Right now we don't--law school loans are killing me.
Meganeliz9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:02 PM   #128
Bananasmama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yes!! I have actually told DH that we need to get our finances in order so I can be a sahm for the next kiddo! I have already signed up for marketing focus groups and secret shopping to make a little more. I'm also considering starting an etsy store to see if that would be worth it :-)
Bananasmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:43 PM   #129
InBloomDoula
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssqueakert View Post
Absolutely yes! I've been hanging on by a thread for quite a while and desparately just want to be a SAHM!
And, it would give me the opportunity to try to do a few small WAHM things (ie: sewing, etc).
I feel similarly. I want to be a SAHM and aspiring midwife. I'd love to put all my time into my family and helping new moms.
InBloomDoula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:01 AM   #130
HugeBabyBoy
Registered Users
seller

If it's only replacing my income, No.. I'm an accountant, so it would have to be well over six figures to be worth the financial benefit.

If it was at least 2x my salary, YES!!! I was only able to stay home with my first for 1 1/2 years, before returning to the work force.

I'd always be open to short term contracts, though. I need the mental stimulation.
HugeBabyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote