Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-02-2012, 12:20 PM   #131
SurprisinglyCrunchy
Registered Users
seller

Re: If you could quit, would you?

I would love to work PT. I think that would be the best of both worlds.

Advertisement

SurprisinglyCrunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:29 PM   #132
blueyes
Registered Users

No I won't quit on my job. I have to save our own hard-earned money as well as our kids', to use for emergency expenses and rations. There will always be a possibility that the company where my husband works could go bankrupt but I'd still work even if he's making a lot of money than I do.
blueyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:30 PM   #133
TCKmom
Registered Users

Absolutely! I would probably start a work at home business though. I have lots of ideas for what I would like to do from home if I had that choice. Right now, mine is the main income though and I have to keep working. I would love to spend more time with my kids instead of spend so much time at/on work.
TCKmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:26 PM   #134
QuietLotus
Registered Users
seller

For sure. My job now is not amazing (waitress.) I only do it to pay the bills. If you'd asked me this time last year I would have said no way! I loovved my job. I was the very happy manager of a head shop. DS could come to work with me if we wanted on any particular day, otherwise he went to daycare for six hours to play with his friends, and we were both happy and relaxed with that situation. My store was shut down in late February and luckily I found another job quickly, but I don't like it. I'd much rather be home with DS and new DD.
QuietLotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:50 PM   #135
Spicymustard
Registered Users
seller

I ask myself this constantly. I think we are almost at the point where I might be able to do this.

I'm scared to give up my position though:
1. I'm a teacher and only work 184 days a year and while yes many of those days are hectic and require longer hours than people who don't teach realize its still only half the year.
2. We don't have to penny pinch.
3. This is a big one. I live in the community I teach in and I have tenure and am high on the seniority list. Aka my kids will be going to school in the same district and will have the same summer/Christmas/spring breaks as I do. If I quit who knows if I would get hired back because the people at the district office change constantly. I don't want to teach in a different district where I have to commute and/or have a different vacation schedule as my kids.
4. My kids like their in home daycare and during summer break dd always asks when she can visit daycare.
5. I don't know if I'm cut out to be a SAHM.

3 and 5 are really my biggies.

Join me on Swagbucks.
Spicymustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:47 PM   #136
teachermama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Nope. I adore what I do.....I'm a kindergarten teacher. And now that I'm at the same school my kids attend, it's like icing on the cake. I have the best of all worlds and I truly enjoy going to work. Plus, I'm off when my kids are off. And my DH is home during the day with our littles. The biggest drawback is working opposite schedules, but this should resolve somewhat once all the kids get into school. We just need to stop having newbies.
(O)….2, & Someone NEW….arriving May 2014!

Kindergarten Teaching Extraordinaire
teachermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:28 AM   #137
meeshkasheeba
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We are discussing this very seriously right now. I would like to be a stay at home mom and not have the stress of the boys, the house, my job, and all the in-betweens of working right now. We may have me go down to very part time. We'll see. It is just a lot to work, clean, cook, mother, and keep up the wifely duties and we don't have to have nearly as much as we make to survive.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:43 PM   #138
EveryDayIsANewDay
Registered Users
Formerly: Stacey***ke3
seller
seller

I would quit in a heartbeat but only to go to a new job where I'm appreciated for my dedication and effort.
EveryDayIsANewDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:30 PM   #139
shootingstarlet
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I actually was blessed enough to be a stay at home mom for the first 18 months of my son's life before I made the choice to go back to work. For me, staying home just wasn't for me. I am in education and actually found my dream job of teaching reading exclusively at the high school level. While it does break my heart to have to put my son in daycare, I truly love what I do for work and feel like I am really making a difference.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:15 PM   #140
iheartinky
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Not me. I love my job. I manage a top 50 dance school and I love it! I would have my hubby quit his job before I would ever consider leaving mine. I do have flexible hours and spend some 1/2 days with my kids so it's perfect.