Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-29-2013, 03:47 PM   #141
organicmama10
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would. Now, anyhow because I was forced to take a new position doing what I don't love. It was work I used to do and am great at it but not my love. I was doing what I love to do and would not have considered staying home. Things are different now. Just not as motivated anymore. In fact I'm dreading going back....I'm due back in a couple of weeks....

Advertisement

organicmama10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:39 PM   #142
Kristinah07
Registered Users
seller

Re: If you could quit, would you?

We are due in September, I'm planning on staying home after the baby is due to start a business. I'm pretty nervous about it especially because I've always worked everyday since I was old enough to work. So I'm 50/50 on this subject
Kristinah07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:56 AM   #143
jamieism
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
No way, I love my job and the people i work with, and I am the primary earner. That said, it's only in the last six months that is have had a full time out of the house schedule - I used to teach at a university and while it was stressful and underpaid, I had a lot more time with my kids. If I could work from home a couple days a week that would be amazing. Maybe eventually I will try to make that fly, but for now DH is home with the kids and working part time, so they aren't in dc 60 hrs a week, but I miss the flexibility of my day. I wouldn't give up my job though - I have a great job. I am a cultural anthropologist.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:33 AM   #144
Mrs. Logan
Registered Users

Nope, I think I would keep working. HOWEVER, I would probably work like 2 half days or something like that instead of how much I am currently working! I work as a counselor.
Mrs. Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:12 AM   #145
cpamamma
Registered Users
seller

With dd2 being only 3 weeks I would love to stay home until she is 18 months. But then would probably work for myself and set my own hours. I am a CPA specializing in high net worth individuals.
cpamamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:45 AM   #146
amandact
Registered Users
seller
seller

No. I would keep working full time. But I also have more job flexibility than most people and usually only go to the office 3 days a week and work from home the other two. I am a sociology professor and love my job, students, teaching, university, etc.
amandact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:02 PM   #147
joyous
Registered Users
Formerly: erika375
seller
seller

Honestly, yes. I enjoy my job, I enjoy being out of the home a few hours a day. But if it was realistic for me to quit, I would. I would like to work part time, or 3 days a week. Being away from my DD as much as i am is difficult for me. I would also love to spend more time writing, perhaps build that into a career.

Last edited by joyous; 02-11-2013 at 11:43 PM.
joyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:12 AM   #148
MarieSeeking
Registered Users
seller

I'm quitting this year. I'm a teacher. I like teaching, I like being a mother, but I can't do them together. It's impossible for my family.
MarieSeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:27 AM   #149
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

A year ago I would have said no. The two older ones were getting older and they were goign to be it but in the last year my job has gone down hill and we had another baby. I am expecting our facility will be shut down in the next two years. I am bored out of my mind and really don't have any desire to go to work. However to find another job with the same hours (home by 3pm)/benifits (empolyer paid family insurance)/time off (8 weeks off each year) would be really hard

If DH came home with a big fat raise that was enough to cover my salary and insurance through his work (which sucks) and that we can keep the same life style (comfortable and don't have to stress about money) then yes I would.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:12 PM   #150
Treylen
Registered Users
seller

I don't think I could. I really love my job as a designer, and I worked to hard to get where I'm at. In a perfect world, I'd work part-time (24 to 35 hours rather than 45).
Treylen is offline   Reply With Quote