Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-12-2013, 10:05 AM   #151
catzmeow
Registered Users

Re: If you could quit, would you?

I would quit in a heartbeat. I really enjoy my work and I like my workplace, but I am underpaid (due to no raises because of the economy!) and my commute is an absolute nightmare. That being said, I would probably look for something (even if it were less "fulfilling" that my current career) very close to home that was part-time. I would not want to be a SAHM once my littles start grade school, and I think it's harder to get back in the workplace when you've been completely out for years.

Advertisement

catzmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:22 AM   #152
HotPotato1010
Registered Users

My Mood:

I would quit in a heartbeat.

Even if I could stay home now for a couple years, like catzmeow, I'd be nervous giving up my full-time job now and finding a job to re-enter the workforce several years down the road.

Wifey to DH May 8, 2010
Mommy to Eva Oct 31, 2010 (2.5 years old!)
Mommy to Olivia Apr 30, 2012 (1 year old!)
HotPotato1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:50 PM   #153
carrollrj25
Registered Users

For sure!! I keep trying to think of ways we could swing that. For now I'll keep trying to convince my dh to go back to school for business or to be a doctor.
carrollrj25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #154
Newton
Registered Users

No. I love my job, I work with kids with autism and supervise an in-centre. I love my time with my DD, but she is in full time Montessori so she is busy. Now if there were some way to swing summers off so I don't have to patchwork everything together, sign me up!
Old 03-14-2013, 08:56 PM   #155
PailPowder
Registered Users
Formerly: tina041077
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't know honestly....I might go to part time while the kids are in school. All my kiddos are school age now so I'd be beyond bored if I stayed home. Unless his big fat raise offered me enough money to take photography classes or piano lessons or something to fill my days
Old 03-14-2013, 09:22 PM   #156
nebraskamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love my job, but if I had the choice I would definately be home with my kid (soon to be kids). I am thankful that the job I have I do love (teaching). I don't dred going to work, but it would be nice if there were two of me and I could do both
Old 03-14-2013, 10:22 PM   #157
Sarai*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is thread is just about one year old -- by far the longest running thread I ever started............LOL.

Thanks for all the responses, I read them all, still.

On different days, I can relate to all of them!
Old 03-15-2013, 07:54 AM   #158
mugsywebb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

in a second. while i would probably go stir crazy i never have enough time with my odd hours at work and then i am still the one picking up the slack at the house.
plus, i have to constantly juggle who can watch DS what day because if i paid for daycare, it would be my entire check
Old 03-15-2013, 10:27 AM   #159
FairSailing188
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would quit. I'm an IT project manager right now and don't really enjoy nor feel challenged by what I do.

I would probably keep DS in part time preschool, but keep the new little home full time until they were 3 or so.

To keep from being bored, DH and I would probably start the craft distillery we've been talking about for awhile.

Under normal circumstances I'd say I told you so. But, as I have told so with such vehemence and frequency already the phrase has lost all meaning. Therefore, I will be replacing it with the phrase, I have informed you thusly.
FairSailing188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:27 PM   #160
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I wouldn't even think twice. I love my job but WOH is so stressful. I'd go back part time in a few years, unfortunately that isn't an option for us
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote