Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-23-2012, 11:19 AM   #1
CaliRoll
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Leaking fluid?

I'm either peeing myself every few minutes or leaking amniotic fluid. It's enough fluid to soak through a pantyliner in about 30 minutes. It's clear and just like water, versus my discharge, which is more like EWCM. My urine itself has a yellow tinge which the fluid in the pantyliner does not.

FWIW, my water broke on it's own in a huge gush with DS in the delivery room less than an hour before he was born. With DD, I was almost 10cm when the OB broke my water. So I have zero experience with a slow leak.

Any ladies have experience with this?

Advertisement

CaliRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:23 AM   #2
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: Leaking fluid?

Go to the maternity triage right now, they will swab the fluid and let you know if it's urine (swab turns green), amniotic fluid ( swab turns blue)or something else and they don't know (swab don't change color)
Good luck!
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #3
schellebo
Registered Users
seller

Definitely sounds like you are leaking fluid! Lay down for 10 min and see if you have a small gush when you stand up because it has collected while you were laying down.
schellebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #4
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

Sounds like your water broke dear. Go in and get it tested! Baby's probably just far down enough that all you're getting is a trickle here and there.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:29 AM   #5
CaliRoll
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm at work so I can't lay down, LOL. I have an OB appointment at 2pm. It's 10:30 now. I should be safe until 2pm?

No "real" contractions so far. Just the usual Braxton Hicks but they do seem to be getting more crampy. If they were real, wouldn't they go around to my lower back too? That's what happened with my first two babies but they were also posterior.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:32 AM   #6
kymdenise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The idea with laying down is to get baby's head up a bit out of your cervix.. when that pressure is released, you'd feel more leaking pretty quickly. Basically, baby is the cork right now.

It really could be urine too.. we get all sorts of leaky in those last few weeks.
Cautiously expecting number 5 in October
kymdenise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:35 AM   #7
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Tell them at work, your water is leaking and you need to go to the hospital to get checked.
Your ob appt at 2 will still get you sent to the hospital to get checked out.
When I thought my water broke, I called my dr office while coming up on a red traffic light, they told me go straight to the hospital so instead of turning left towards my ob office, I went straight and to the hospital..lol
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:44 AM   #8
ashayla&acensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree with all the Mommas here... I would leave work and get it checked out asap. Don't stress though, it isn't cause to worry unless fluid is low or membranes broke 24 hrs prior. If you aren't having contractions and your membranes DID break, you may have to be put on pit to get the labor moving. Hope you have your bags packed!

Married Momma of 4 DS (2-00), DD1 (12-05),DS(8-08)and DD2 (3-12)
ashayla&acensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:47 AM   #9
CaliRoll
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox View Post
Tell them at work, your water is leaking and you need to go to the hospital to get checked.
Your ob appt at 2 will still get you sent to the hospital to get checked out.
When I thought my water broke, I called my dr office while coming up on a red traffic light, they told me go straight to the hospital so instead of turning left towards my ob office, I went straight and to the hospital..lol
I own the company so it's not so much needing permission, LOL, as having somewhere to lie down. There's an old recliner in the conference room that doesn't recline very far, would that work or do I need to be laying flat? My OB and hospital L&D are in the same complex and about 30-40 minutes away. I really don't want to head all the way out there if I'm just wetting myself. I also don't want to tell my DH or Mom and get their hopes up.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:52 AM   #10
kymdenise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Try the recliner, you're trying to lift baby a bit if she's engaged. What time is it where you are?

Unless there was a gusher when you laid down (hell...even on the floor), I would wait, since you're going anyways. But that's me. If you're pretty crampy, it really might be the real deal.
Cautiously expecting number 5 in October
kymdenise is offline   Reply With Quote