Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-28-2012, 12:28 PM   #21
deadducky112
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Baby carrier for plus size mamas

Im a size 24 and my favorites are the moby and ergo sport. Moby was great for newborn to 4 months. I started with the ergo sport after the moby started hurting my back. The ergo sport is big enough that I dont need a waist extender. The original ergo wouldnt even fit me with the waist extender so beware.

Advertisement

deadducky112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:53 PM   #22
lizad777
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks ladies..........anyone else please input
lizad777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:58 PM   #23
Maddalena
Registered Users
seller

I'm kinda plus sized and I'm happy to say the ergo fit me great. I like the ring sling but The Mei Tai BARELY fit so I say that's a no go.
Maddalena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:57 PM   #24
cboytitan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would agree about the Ergo - if you want one get the Sport - it fit me without the extenders and I need it for my regular Ergo.

cboytitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:46 PM   #25
jamilynn84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm plus sized (size 20) and my favorite is the ergo performance (i have and also use a bh oh snap, a mei tai with xl straps, moby, tmd half buckle, and a taylormade mesh ring sling).

Apologizing in advance for iPhone typos/autocorrect
Old 04-03-2012, 03:30 PM   #26
KatrinaLoves
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've read on PAX baby that Jillian recommends Olives and Applesauce carriers for fluffy moms. I'm not plus size, but I'm curvy. After looking at many pictures of the O&A carriers, it does appear to be a great carrier for fluffier mamas. And they're gorgeous.

Last edited by KatrinaLoves; 04-03-2012 at 03:31 PM. Reason: typed the wrong word
KatrinaLoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:44 PM   #27
mama_2_1
Registered Users
seller

You could also try a woven wrap like a storchenwiege or girasol in a longer length. Granola Babies carries them and the owner is great at helping to determine the length needed.
mama_2_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:38 AM   #28
beachbetty
Registered Users

Take this with a grain of salt, since I haven't actually had my baby yet- but I did have a baby wearing consultation where I tried on all different types and sizes of wraps. I'm about an 18/20 and very pear shaped. My favorites for the newborn were the Boba Wrap (similar to Moby, a little more stretchy) and the Maya Ring Sling in L. The Boba and Moby are completely adjustable since you wrap them so they conform nicely to your body. The Maya sling is great and at 5' 8" and plus size there was still room in a L for me to use the tail as a nursing cover.

I liked the Beco Butterfly- no extension needed, but it's too small for my tall hubby. The Ergo fits him better and I can wear it too- but I need the waist extender. That would not be an around the house carrier for me- more of a "spending the day walking the city or park" carrier. We liked the mei tais too and had no problem with fit, but they didn't feel quite as secure for newborns to a first-time babywearer. That's totally a comfort-level thing though, I know a lot of people love them for newborns.

There's a local babywearing group and a local store that rent their carriers. That might be a good option if it is available in your area. We're getting the Boba and Maya right off the bat for around the house/ breastfeeding/ shopping but as the baby grows we're going to rent and see what work for us and baby before buying any more.
beachbetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:12 PM   #29
NATTYBATSMOM
Registered Users

My Mood:

Just found this: http://plussizebirth.com/2012/04/bab...s-size-mom.htm
My Blog: Sipping Life One Day at a Time
NATTYBATSMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:45 PM   #30
lizad777
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATTYBATSMOM View Post
Cool thanks for the link.......... sure wish she would of showed a pic and review of the Boba 3g really looking into getting one of those.
lizad777 is offline   Reply With Quote