Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-26-2012, 06:39 AM   #1
Beaners_Mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My ex has stopped paying CS...again

Yup. Again he decided to not pay it. I really wasn't surprised as he's done this every year right before her birthday (her birthday is in less than 2 weeks). I was expecting it and I'm not completely surprised that it stopped.

Last time he did this we spent 7 months in & out of court until the judge said "you have until this date to pay it or go to jail". He paid me the night before that date. He knows he's going to have to pay it so I don't understand why he doesn't.

I'm not even bringing it up to him this time, it's not worth the fight. The $$$$ will add up every week, it's not going to go away. Eventually I'll have to get it, right? Or not...he's currently unemployed because of a "bad back" (meaning he doesn't want to work). He's been collecting unemployment since august of 2010. He has no plans on going back to work and is attempting to get on disability.

He told me before that if I can plan a trip to Disney World then I don't need his CS. Which in a way he's true...I don't *need* it, but it makes things a heck of a lot harder. My friend owns a timeshare down in Disney World and offered to bring my daughter & I down. They'll pay for our tickets in the park if I'll take their youngest around the park as our girls are close in age. All we're paying for is food. So of course I'm going to do it. But he thinks this is a reason not to pay CS.

I figure I won't fight and argue with him because it never gets me anywhere. Eventually he'll start paying again or they'll realize he hasn't paid in awhile & violate him. We've been split up 3 years and have been to court so many times over this...that the judge said if he sees him again for this he's sending him to jail.

I'm just frustrated & stressed already and to add this? Man...I just needed to get it out. Thanks....

Advertisement

Old 01-26-2012, 07:03 AM   #2
EcoMumm
Registered Users

Re: My ex has stopped paying CS...again

im going thru the same thing, but this statement he said pisses me off lol. Where does a man get any right to tell you what u can and cant do with your money and that if u decide to go somewhere nice and take your kid AND HIS you shouldnt need his support.BS.Listen...you could be paris hilton and be filthy rich and he STILL NEEDS TO SUPPORT HIS KID NO MATTER WHAT!Thats just a cop out.

He told me before that if I can plan a trip to Disney World then I don't need his CS. Which in a way he's true...I don't *need* it, but it makes things a heck of a lot harder. My friend owns a timeshare down in Disney World and offered to bring my daughter & I down. They'll pay for our tickets in the park if I'll take their youngest around the park as our girls are close in age. All we're paying for is food. So of course I'm going to do it. But he thinks this is a reason not to pay CS
EcoMumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:54 PM   #3
monkeymama07
Registered Users
seller

If it makes you feel better.
mine wrote me a check and it was returned unpaid. which is worse to me because I THOUGHT I had the money and paid bills accordingly.

my rent bounced... not cool. I have all kinds of fees.

I dont get a tiny amount either I get enough that it makes a differnce and I NEED it for daycare and rent to both get paid (they cost about the same and I only make enough to cover one)

have fun at disney
Old 01-26-2012, 07:02 PM   #4
KrystleO_1027
Registered Users

I may be wrong but if you went through court they should be able to collect CS from his unemployment right?
Old 01-26-2012, 09:58 PM   #5
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrystleO_1027
I may be wrong but if you went through court they should be able to collect CS from his unemployment right?
I was wondering the same thing. I'd call who ever handles child support where you live (here its through the probation dept for everyone), let them know what's going on & see if they can just take it from his check for you.

Bottom line, no matter what other money you have, he has an obligation to financially support his child and that's that!

stephanie, mom to 3 big girls (1/94, 8/99 & 9/02) & 1 little guy (12/30/09)
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:05 PM   #6
this_mel_rocks
Registered Users
seller

My ex is almost 4mths behind on his too. That money sure would be nice right now. Apparently his new GF and Skyrim are more important than is obligation to his daughter.
Earn free money with SwagBucks
this_mel_rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:12 PM   #7
EcoMumm
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssand23 View Post
I was wondering the same thing. I'd call who ever handles child support where you live (here its through the probation dept for everyone), let them know what's going on & see if they can just take it from his check for you.

Bottom line, no matter what other money you have, he has an obligation to financially support his child and that's that!

stephanie, mom to 3 big girls (1/94, 8/99 & 9/02) & 1 little guy (12/30/09)
i know for a fact they do...thats how i was rcvng it from my ex
EcoMumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:50 PM   #8
MyLil'Mountaineers
Registered Users
Formerly: my2sons
seller

He has to pay no matter what. He could go to court to get a modification but until he does, he still has to pay the amount ordered.

My X decides he's going to screw with CS around bds and christmas (Sept to Dec). Last year he racked up $5000 in late fees and back child support.

No matter how much money you have, it's ordered and he has to pay it. I don't understand why these guys think it's better not to pay. They're ordered to pay, the have to pay interest on unpaid, and they have to pay court costs. Wouldn't it just be cheaper to pay it on time?!!
Old 01-27-2012, 12:00 AM   #9
Annie477
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't believe you owe him or anyone else (with exception of the Court) any explanation as to what you do with or without that cs money. Here is a little inspiration for you; I have had me ex pay garnished every month since our daughter (13) was maybe 3. In did this without a lawyer (Pro Per) and the money is direct deposit to my account each month. Is he happy about this? I don't really care! all that matters is that she is getting the financial support that she deserves. Every child deserves that. He thinks he is punishing you but doesn't realize it's only hurting him by not paying. Booo to deadbeat Dads
Annie477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:11 AM   #10
MyLil'Mountaineers
Registered Users
Formerly: my2sons
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie477 View Post
I don't believe you owe him or anyone else (with exception of the Court) any explanation as to what you do with or without that cs money. Here is a little inspiration for you; I have had me ex pay garnished every month since our daughter (13) was maybe 3. In did this without a lawyer (Pro Per) and the money is direct deposit to my account each month. Is he happy about this? I don't really care! all that matters is that she is getting the financial support that she deserves. Every child deserves that. He thinks he is punishing you but doesn't realize it's only hurting him by not paying. Booo to deadbeat Dads
I agree with everything except the part where you say it only hurts himself by not paying. He's actually hurting his child be not fulfilling his parental obligation.

Also, I've learned that you have to take the emotions out of dealing with an ex. As soon as I did (and I do fall back to letting my emotions get the best of me) my ex knew I was being serious. You don't owe him an explanation. It's just another way he's controling the situation. Don't give him the opportunity.