Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-23-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
Registered Users
XP - how should I train my DS? Re 3 Day PTing

***please move if this is in the wrong place***

I used the ebook 3 day PTing with my dd. She seriously had one accident and she was done-trained. Easy. She was 22 months.

My son is showing tons of signs of readiness. He holds pee for several hours, poos in toilet (has since January), wakes up bone dry (even if he wakes in the middle of the night which he does every night ), communicates wants, pretend plays potty situations with little people toys.

He's slightly defiant/stubborn. Ha!! He's just a tough cookie! I tried three day method with him and he had a billion accidents all three days. I finished it out just in case he got it at the end. He just didn't really care about getting pee on himself. I would be saying, "tell mommy if you need to t-t..." and he would pee as I was saying it. LOL! I think it was turning into a control thing bc he'd stop and look down and wait for pee to come out, but he would yell and protest when I ran him to the toilet. Then if he would actually sit on the toilet, he only begged for m&ms.

Since our fun 3 days he's stopped pooping in the toilet. Oh well. I put him back in diapers bc I'm all about keeping power struggles and battles for control to minimum and only when necessary - danger or when I think complete obedience is necessary! That def doesn't apply to PTing, in our situation!

Anyway, what method, tips, tricks, gentle advice can you give me!? I'm keeping him in diapers for a month+ before trying again. But I like to get lots of ideas and experience from others...I like to be prepared.

I do have some regular undies and the cutest blueberry trainers. Since I've only used three day PTing, I'm not sure how to "use" the trainers.

ETA he told me today he had to potty and pooped. We aren't "training" actively anymore. Just need ideas dn advice for the next go!

Mom to a sweet girlie (3/12/07) and monkey boy (6/12/10).
momof2littles is offline   Reply With Quote