Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-23-2012, 04:34 PM   #1
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

prodromal labor/pre labor/ or discomfort

I've started getting frequent backaches, hip pain, some mild cramping, and braxton hicks. I can't tell if the back pain is her hugging my insides and kicking or braxton hicks or both. None of the pain seems to be regular or if it is they are very very short mild contractions.

Also, is it possible to not have a tightening of the belly with the contractions if they are back only? I'm so confused...either way it's so uncomfortable right now.

Advertisement

Old 03-23-2012, 04:53 PM   #2
ashayla&acensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: prodromal labor/pre labor/ or discomfort

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueone View Post
I've started getting frequent backaches, hip pain, some mild cramping, and braxton hicks. I can't tell if the back pain is her hugging my insides and kicking or braxton hicks or both. None of the pain seems to be regular or if it is they are very very short mild contractions.

Also, is it possible to not have a tightening of the belly with the contractions if they are back only? I'm so confused...either way it's so uncomfortable right now.
Your back is probably hurting because her head is likely bumping your spine during contractions. I had A LOT Of back labor with DS2... go on all fours and try to get her to move into the correct position. Try showering too, maybe they will slow down or at least take the edge off. I have been getting a lot of intense contractions that are irregular, too

Married Momma of 4 DS (2-00), DD1 (12-05),DS(8-08)and DD2 (3-12)
ashayla&acensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:21 PM   #3
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashayla&acensmom View Post
Your back is probably hurting because her head is likely bumping your spine during contractions. I had A LOT Of back labor with DS2... go on all fours and try to get her to move into the correct position. Try showering too, maybe they will slow down or at least take the edge off. I have been getting a lot of intense contractions that are irregular, too
Thanks, I was getting on all fours yesterday and every time I did that DS started to freak out. That and if I held onto the counter and straitened my back so that it was like a table top, but that one didn't scare him as much. Today they are more on the minimal side, but still happening.

My doula said it could just be regular discomfort, but this is just different...I warned her saying that I likely wouldn't last 40 weeks at this rate, but if I did it would be incredibly uncomfortable. She also suggested chamomile tea, I tried that yesterday and it didn't help at all. If anything I just got heartburn.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:51 PM   #4
MNclothdiaperin'Momma
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hope things start feeling better. I was going to suggest similar things.
& DS (4/13/12)

MNclothdiaperin'Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:45 PM   #5
TPLmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm right there with you mama! Been this way since Wednesday. :/ Thankfully my kids are used to me getting into random positions (we've been prepping them for our HB for weeks) so they are okay when I suddenly drop on all 4's or squat. I love the feeling of squatting but man is it hard to get back up these days!

Here's to hoping we both have quick & easy labors... & soon!

TPLmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:37 AM   #6
BCsMom
Registered Users
seller

I'm with you on the back pain...I'm just past 35 weeks and for the past week or so I've been feeling random back pains, sometimes sharp and sometimes dull, and I'm not sure if it's the belly growing a lot and pulling things or something else going on. I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday and hopefully I'll find out more then. I'm not ready to give birth yet, so I'm hoping it's just "growing pains!"
BCsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:43 AM   #7
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCsMom View Post
I'm with you on the back pain...I'm just past 35 weeks and for the past week or so I've been feeling random back pains, sometimes sharp and sometimes dull, and I'm not sure if it's the belly growing a lot and pulling things or something else going on. I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday and hopefully I'll find out more then. I'm not ready to give birth yet, so I'm hoping it's just "growing pains!"
I have an appointment on Wednesday so I'll be sure to mention it. I know she hogs my insides quite a bit. At times when I rub the area it hurts I get a burst of kicking from her like she's upset that I'm trying to move her. I'm not quite ready yet either. I think I'm going to get a chiro appointment too to see if it helps.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:48 PM   #8
Farmer's Wife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm in the same boat and it's getting worse. I hate going to sleep at night because it is just so painful, especially after I've been laying there for awhile and most definitely in the mornings!! I'm 38 weeks tomorrow and want this to end SOON!!! Good luck on finding relief mama! Hot baths are helping me a bit!
Old 03-26-2012, 10:13 AM   #9
Br2me
Registered Users
seller
seller

i keep waking up up in the night hurting...then when i TRY to roll over my whole tummy tightens up and I have a couple of contractions...but then they go away...I am sooo huge right now...i sooo dont see going til 41wks...but that is my plan...unless HE decides that the baby comes earlier than that...

i just keep telling myself and the baby that he can come when the time is right...i am not trying ot rush him...just want to make sure i have stuff ready for him!
Br2me is offline   Reply With Quote