Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-24-2012, 01:02 AM   #21
graces-mommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I had my twins! Birth story *pic heavy!!*

Oh, that so made me cry! They are so gorgeous and amazing! How many weeks are they? I was so excited to read that they were both over 5 pounds, and hope I can grow mine as well!

Advertisement

graces-mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:37 AM   #22
Mrsfroberg
Registered Users

I was 36w2d I was pretty happy with two almost 6lb babies

Thanks ladies! I've been having a pretty tough time with them in the NICU. I broke down (again) last night with dh. I had told him I was so caught up in the delivery and being able to deliver naturally that I never considered the fact that they could go to the NICU. He however pointed out that it's because of my 'mommy intuition' that I've been able to drive 2 hours there and back every day to go and see them. Had I settled for the c-section I wouldn't be able to so. So that made me feel a little better, because it's true. And lord knows at 7cm a different doctor would have taken me for a c-section, so I have to stop beating myself up for letting my awesome doctor (seriously, he was amazing!!) break my water.

I've been pumping for for the twins, which royally sucks. Major props to you mamas who pump exclusively!! Charlotte is taking 1.5-2oz per feeding (and has to take way more when she nurses, she eats forever!!), and Maxwell is takin 1.5oz. I pump every two hours and usually get 7.5-9 ounces. I slept through my alarm tonight, and didn't pump for 5.5 hours and just got 20 oz! I have just under 300 ounces in the freezer, and I have NO idea what we are going to do with it all. :/

Alli: loving wife to my geeky Air Force Computer Engineer , Brandon
Mommy to: Audrey (2.10.07), William (2.16.09), and Eloise (8.10.10)
Maxwell & Charlotte (3.13.2012)

Mrsfroberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:53 AM   #23
schellebo
Registered Users
seller

(((Hugs))) NICU journeys are never easy!!! I have had 2. Congrats on the precious babies!!! It won't be long and they will be home. Prayers going up for you, Maxwell, and Charlotte! <3
schellebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:49 AM   #24
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Congratulations! They are adorable! I hope the get discharged soon, they seem to be doing very well and had a good weight!
Old 03-24-2012, 08:26 AM   #25
Lady_B
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
DDR, they are adorable and you look great!
Owner and designer of Butterfly Elephants, waldorf style dolls
Lady_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:40 AM   #26
jacksmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Cuteies!!!! ANd i didn't realize you were close to syracuse. I live here if you need anything please pm me.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:51 AM   #27
thealmightyme
Registered Users
seller
seller

DDC congrats mamma. My twins were near that exact size. I was do in April also. They just turned one on the 16. Even though they were 3 1/2 Weeks early and stayed little for a while, they have caught up now. They are now 24 &20 lbs, 29.5 & 27.5". They will do great, and, look wonderful. You are so lucky that you got to deliver naturally. My docs refused, and I was dialated to 10 before they started. The c I labored in two hours flat with no meds, then still had a c anyways. Congrats again

Kat
thealmightyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:13 AM   #28
crunchymamaNY
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh my gosh, how sweet are they?! Congrats to you, and wonderful birth story. So sorry the nurses were not good to you guys, and that your babys legs are so bruised from the delivery. Poor lil one.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:27 AM   #29
ashayla&acensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsfroberg

Thanks ladies! I've been having a pretty tough time with them in the NICU. I broke down (again) last night with dh. I had told him I was so caught up in the delivery and being able to deliver naturally that I never considered the fact that they could go to the NICU. He however pointed out that it's because of my 'mommy intuition' that I've been able to drive 2 hours there and back every day to go and see them. Had I settled for the c-section I wouldn't be able to so. So that made me feel a little better, because it's true. And lord knows at 7cm a different doctor would have taken me for a c-section, so I have to stop beating myself up for letting my awesome doctor (seriously, he was amazing!!) break my water.

I've been pumping for for the twins, which royally sucks. Major props to you mamas who pump exclusively!! Charlotte is taking 1.5-2oz per feeding (and has to take way more when she nurses, she eats forever!!), and Maxwell is takin 1.5oz. I pump every two hours and usually get 7.5-9 ounces. I slept through my alarm tonight, and didn't pump for 5.5 hours and just got 20 oz! I have just under 300 ounces in the freezer, and I have NO idea what we are going to do with it all. :/
Wow! I hope that I get a great milk supply like that! I am sure you will use it, eventually that stinks that the drive is so far to see your lil ones. I wil new praying that you wil be able to take them home really soon! Huge :hug:

Married Momma of 4 DS (2-00), DD1 (12-05),DS(8-08)and DD2 (3-12)
ashayla&acensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:27 AM   #30
Lady_B
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsfroberg

If its a deep freezer it'll stay good up to a year and if it's a regular freezer it'll be up to 6 months. Pediatrician said it can still be good after those timelines. And I'm sure when they come home they will do a pretty good job of using it up
Owner and designer of Butterfly Elephants, waldorf style dolls
Lady_B is offline   Reply With Quote