Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-25-2012, 12:49 PM   #1
katiekat1032
Registered Users
seller

Give up or keep trying?

Today is day 4 of potty training DS, 28 months old. We tried potty training at 24 months and also ECing before that and neither worked. Decided to try again now when I woke up with DS putting his POOP in my HAIR! EWWWW! He had taken off his diaper after he pooped in it on Thursday morning and decided it would be great to give some to Mommy as a morning wake-up call.

I've been giving him lots of juice to drink and reminding him to "Tell Mommy when you have to go potty." He is in underwear as we got rid of all his diapers to the storage closet. He said "Bye-bye to them." He does not tell me when he has to go to the potty, but will sometimes go when I sit him on the potty. Often, he refuses to sit on the potty and then will go in his underwear just minutes later. He knows how to poop and pee in the potty and is at about 50% with catches and misses. I think a lot of his misses are due to the fact that he doesn't want to take the time out from playing to go potty. I have the potty in whatever room he plays in so he can always see it and it is at easy access when he needs to use it. At first he seemed to notice the second he was wet and would start crying. Today, he pooped in his underwear while I was cleaning up lunch and just kept playing. I am trying to watch him as closely as possible but I can't all the time as I have a 4 month old I am nursing as well. When I put a pull-up on him for naptime, he kept calling it his diaper, so I'm thinking pull-ups probably aren't the way to go.

So what do I do now? TIA for your help!

ETA:
Today he peed in the potty 11 times (2 of the times he told me he had to go), only 3 misses--2 pees and one poop. Now if I can just figure out how to get him to poop in the potty. . .

Advertisement

Last edited by katiekat1032; 03-26-2012 at 05:27 PM.
katiekat1032 is offline   Reply With Quote