Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2012, 08:03 PM   #11
AnimalHouse's Avatar
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 6,426
My Mood:
I would include a good breastfeeding book... The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding, probably. And a card or contact information for La Leche League. The meetings are free, leaders offer help through email and/or phone, and I've often found them more helpful than LCs in my area.

Advertisement

__________________
Trying-to-stay-sane mama to four boys (5/07, 10/09, 7/11, and 11/12)
AnimalHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:09 PM   #12
Michelle_M's Avatar
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Arlington, Tx
Posts: 15,899
My Mood:
Re: What to put in a "breastfeeding basket?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHouse View Post
I would include a good breastfeeding book... The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding, probably. And a card or contact information for La Leche League. The meetings are free, leaders offer help through email and/or phone, and I've often found them more helpful than LCs in my area.
I know two FABULOUS lactation consultants who run a breast feeding support group. One of them is actually with LLL. They are both fabulous. I was going to include their business card and all of their contact information, along with the meeting place/times. And they meet weekly, instead of monthly!

God bless!
__________________
Christian wife to my hubby, mamma to three little men and a little lady!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:17 PM   #13
yogamama28's Avatar
yogamama28
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,711
What about some nipple cream and some of those gel soothers? Great idea on the basket!
yogamama28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:19 PM   #14
kwaii_amaranth
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 48
Re: What to put in a "breastfeeding basket?"

If you had more time, an Undercover Mama nursing tank? I LOVE mine, and it totally saves money on nursing clothes in the long run. Two tanks, and all my 'normal' shirts are totally appropriate for nursing. Wish someone had given me those at my shower, would have been way more useful than some of the junk I thought I needed, lol!
kwaii_amaranth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:30 PM   #15
Michelle_M's Avatar
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Arlington, Tx
Posts: 15,899
My Mood:
Re: What to put in a "breastfeeding basket?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwaii_amaranth View Post
If you had more time, an Undercover Mama nursing tank? I LOVE mine, and it totally saves money on nursing clothes in the long run. Two tanks, and all my 'normal' shirts are totally appropriate for nursing. Wish someone had given me those at my shower, would have been way more useful than some of the junk I thought I needed, lol!
I thought about that.. I have the coupon to get one free and only pay shipping (11.95). But it says processing and shipping is 2-8 days. Knowing my luck it would show up late... of course, I could always print out a "IOU coupon" to stick in the basket.

She's also the massage therapist at my chiropractor's office and I actually have an appointment with her the week after her baby shower, so I'd be able to see her to give it to her.

I think I've decided on a 6 pack of WAHM nursing pads, some nipple cream, some of those gel soothers, and a breast feeding book.

God bless!
__________________
Christian wife to my hubby, mamma to three little men and a little lady!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:31 PM   #16
Michelle_M's Avatar
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Arlington, Tx
Posts: 15,899
My Mood:
Re: What to put in a "breastfeeding basket?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogamama28 View Post
What about some nipple cream and some of those gel soothers? Great idea on the basket!
I had planned on the nipple cream. Gel soothers, great idea! Thanks.

God bless!
__________________
Christian wife to my hubby, mamma to three little men and a little lady!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:35 PM   #17
lilmomma83
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 442
Re: What to put in a "breastfeeding basket?"

What about a few cute homemade "coupons" to call you anytime day or night nd your phone number? Maybe even stick it to a magnet for her fridge and her hubby or other support person could call you? I know one of my hubby's coworkers called me when his wife was struggling...he simply said, "can we call you in the middle of the night if we are still struggling? even if you have no advice, we might just need someone to listen" - I don't think a lot of people would reach out like that though...and sometimes a listening ear is the best thing! Maybe depending how well you know her and your available time you could even do another coupon or two for something like, "1 coupon to fold you laundry while you breastfeed baby/sleep" ...anyway, just trying to think of inexpensive helpful ideas...sounds like what you have would be plenty thouhg ;-)
lilmomma83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:20 PM   #18
Michelle_M's Avatar
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Arlington, Tx
Posts: 15,899
My Mood:
Re: What to put in a "breastfeeding basket?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmomma83 View Post
What about a few cute homemade "coupons" to call you anytime day or night nd your phone number? Maybe even stick it to a magnet for her fridge and her hubby or other support person could call you? I know one of my hubby's coworkers called me when his wife was struggling...he simply said, "can we call you in the middle of the night if we are still struggling? even if you have no advice, we might just need someone to listen" - I don't think a lot of people would reach out like that though...and sometimes a listening ear is the best thing! Maybe depending how well you know her and your available time you could even do another coupon or two for something like, "1 coupon to fold you laundry while you breastfeed baby/sleep" ...anyway, just trying to think of inexpensive helpful ideas...sounds like what you have would be plenty thouhg ;-)
Great ideas! Thanks

God bless!
__________________
Christian wife to my hubby, mamma to three little men and a little lady!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:22 AM   #19
mamIIboys
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 569
Re: What to put in a "breastfeeding basket?"

You could always get the Brest Pads from your favorite work at home mom & put the receipt in the basket folded up inside a small box of disposable nursing pads or Lilly Pads (never have used them but know a lot of women love them and they are reusable to an extent). I almost always use my wool nursing pads but occasionally I use the Lanisoh nursing pads under tighter shirts because they are so trim. Also used them the first couple days home from the hospital as I had a c/s & I was unable to do laundry.
__________________
Genesee married to DH Jon 06/00 ,
DS1 05/03, DS2 10/06 , DD 10/11
mamIIboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:03 AM   #20
kswrex's Avatar
kswrex
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 51
My Mood:
Re: What to put in a "breastfeeding basket?"

Soothies gel breast pads are amazing when you're starting out! (About $10 at Target.)

I also love my nursing cover & hands-free pumping bra.
kswrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.