Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-26-2012, 06:31 AM   #1
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Marchkins Chat 3/26 - 4/1

Good morning!! It's getting towards the end of the month!!! Anyone feel like their destined to have April babies??

I go to the Dr. today. I was due on Saturday, so I think I'll opt to get checked today, just to see if I'm doing anything. But I'm feeling so good, I just don't think it's going to happen for a while.

Nothing much going on here. We got a new vehicle this weekend (a van) and I'm sooo excited!! DH on the other hand says I need to hurry up and have this baby b/c I'm starting to get expensive. I keep finding things I "need".

Advertisement

Old 03-26-2012, 08:20 AM   #2
menthomas
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Marchkins Chat 3/26 - 4/1

i'm still here im ready to be done. my bp is borderline and my protein puts me in the catergory of pre-e. they put me down tentatively for an induction on wed, but i sooo don't want that! i am going to get checked today and see if im dilated ect. baby is doing great. having twice weekly nst and he is happy and healthy so part of me just wants to hold out and see if he comes on his own. i had some pretty good contractions last night so im thinking it HAS to be soon!

oh and i have a cold......
menthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:33 AM   #3
MoccaMom
Registered Users
seller

I definitely think I will have an April baby at this point. I was due 3/17 and was hoping to deliver by 3/22 (wedding anniversary). Obviously, I'm striking a miss . Provided everything still looks good with me and baby, I won't allow my OB to induce me until Saturday when I'll be 42 weeks proper.

I never knew how much of a monkey wrench childbirth could put into your life plans. I am still capable of working (and need the money), but I took off today because I am hoping to get an early morning appt with OB. My plan is to let her do an internal to see if I've progressed and then schedule a nonstress test for today or tomorrow.

I am praying for a miracle, and researching induction options.
MoccaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:07 AM   #4
png_lovebirds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryChicMama View Post

Nothing much going on here. We got a new vehicle this weekend (a van) and I'm sooo excited!! DH on the other hand says I need to hurry up and have this baby b/c I'm starting to get expensive. I keep finding things I "need".

Men....don't they realize that we have more excuses to spend money once the baby gets here?!

Today is DH's first day back at work and it's already not going well! DD ate too much this morning and ended up spitting up a lot(all at once). Of course, then she's hungry and b/c she's already drained me, I don't have enough to fill her up....which means constant nursing and her not sleeping b/c she doesn't have a full tummy. Oh and factor in my 2.5 yr old that woke her up twice after she had just fallen asleep... So, I spent from 645-1040am just nursing and trying to get her to sleep....

DD seems to be really jaundiced still. At her 1 wk checkup the Doc said it was fine b/c she was pooping so much( about 10 times per day). But the orange doesn't seem to be fading. I have fears that she is getting brain damage or something.....*sigh* She has another appt. on Wednesday for he 2 wk checkup but I think I might bump it up to tomorrow.

Anyone elses LO sleep the majority of the time? DD is awake about 5-10min once she first starts nursing but that's about it!
png_lovebirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:07 PM   #5
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by menthomas View Post
i'm still here im ready to be done. my bp is borderline and my protein puts me in the catergory of pre-e. they put me down tentatively for an induction on wed, but i sooo don't want that! i am going to get checked today and see if im dilated ect. baby is doing great. having twice weekly nst and he is happy and healthy so part of me just wants to hold out and see if he comes on his own. i had some pretty good contractions last night so im thinking it HAS to be soon!

oh and i have a cold......
Mama. I went in today and my BP was on the higher end of low (137/84? I think). They did an NST and said it looked fantastic so to just go home. I'm not even dilated a bit; still high and tight. :/ I don't want an induction either.

Maybe your baby will be here soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoccaMom View Post
I definitely think I will have an April baby at this point. I was due 3/17 and was hoping to deliver by 3/22 (wedding anniversary). Obviously, I'm striking a miss . Provided everything still looks good with me and baby, I won't allow my OB to induce me until Saturday when I'll be 42 weeks proper.

I never knew how much of a monkey wrench childbirth could put into your life plans. I am still capable of working (and need the money), but I took off today because I am hoping to get an early morning appt with OB. My plan is to let her do an internal to see if I've progressed and then schedule a nonstress test for today or tomorrow.

I am praying for a miracle, and researching induction options.
Maybe you're dilated enough to have your membranes stripped. That put me into labor with my VBAC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by png_lovebirds View Post
Men....don't they realize that we have more excuses to spend money once the baby gets here?!

Today is DH's first day back at work and it's already not going well! DD ate too much this morning and ended up spitting up a lot(all at once). Of course, then she's hungry and b/c she's already drained me, I don't have enough to fill her up....which means constant nursing and her not sleeping b/c she doesn't have a full tummy. Oh and factor in my 2.5 yr old that woke her up twice after she had just fallen asleep... So, I spent from 645-1040am just nursing and trying to get her to sleep....

DD seems to be really jaundiced still. At her 1 wk checkup the Doc said it was fine b/c she was pooping so much( about 10 times per day). But the orange doesn't seem to be fading. I have fears that she is getting brain damage or something.....*sigh* She has another appt. on Wednesday for he 2 wk checkup but I think I might bump it up to tomorrow.

Anyone elses LO sleep the majority of the time? DD is awake about 5-10min once she first starts nursing but that's about it!
too!! I'm nervous about DH going back to work after the baby as well. He'll only be off for the few days at the hospital and maybe 1-2 days at home and then I'm on my own. eek! I hope your little one gets a good report at the dr and you all get some rest today!
Old 03-26-2012, 05:25 PM   #6
MoccaMom
Registered Users
seller

I just returned from a full day of medical tests since I am 41 weeks and 2 days. I had a 1.5 hour doctor's appt where I found out I am barely 2 cm dilated, 50% effaced with a soft cervix. So my OB went ahead and did a membrane sweep.

Then as if that wasn't long enough, my OB scheduled me to go for an NST and an ultrasound at my hospital. That took another 4 hours. My NST was good baby boy is doing really well. My ultrasound and fluid levels are also great. I am hoping and praying that the membrane sweep will send me into labor. I was having some contractions, but they have since stopped . I really need Jesus to help me now like never before.

...and I have another NST scheduled for Friday with an induction scheduled for Saturday.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:02 PM   #7
mamamoo13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I go for an ultrasound tomorrow to check that everything is OK. I was due on the 16th. So tomorrow I'll be at 41 weeks, 4 days.

I was hoping for the membrane sweep last week but that's when we found out that, even though I've had tons of contractions, I was hardly even dilated or effaced.

Hopefully at my appt. on Wednesday I'll get good news!

Michelle
mamamoo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:18 AM   #8
MoccaMom
Registered Users
seller

This is probably TMI..stop reading in your squirmish...

So I had my membranes stripped yesterday. The contractions have petered out, but I think I'm losing my mucus plug. I am not certain b/c the mucus is thick, chunky, stringy, and brown. It's on the toilet paper every time I wipe.

For those of you who lost your mucus plug, what did it look like?

I'm still believing for a miracle from God. I do NOT want to be induced.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:44 AM   #9
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoccaMom View Post
This is probably TMI..stop reading in your squirmish...

So I had my membranes stripped yesterday. The contractions have petered out, but I think I'm losing my mucus plug. I am not certain b/c the mucus is thick, chunky, stringy, and brown. It's on the toilet paper every time I wipe.

For those of you who lost your mucus plug, what did it look like?

I'm still believing for a miracle from God. I do NOT want to be induced.
Mine looked just like that, and started coming out Sunday evening/night. Micah was born at 8:20 Monday morning. I was already having mild contractions 10 minutes apart when it started coming out, though. I hope you don't have to be induced!
Old 03-27-2012, 07:56 AM   #10
Proverbs169
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I'm still here too, UGH!! Seven hours of contractions, 5-8 minutes apart, yesterday... and NUTHIN'. I think my ODD is more disappointed than I am, LOL! I have an appointment on Friday (due Sat.) and she will strip my membranes which I have never had done before. I am so so so so so hoping to go on my own before then! Until then I am doing everything I can to encourage labor.

Hope everyone else is doing well! Good luck to those having tests and inductions this week.
Proverbs169 is offline   Reply With Quote