Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-26-2012, 08:35 AM   #1
rachelwilber
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Those that have 12-18 year old girls. Questions!

How old is your child?
Could you give me a few examples on how your female child acts at a slumber party?
What kind of activities do you plan or do for them?
How many girls do you invite?

Thanks. I am trying to plan a slumber party for my niece at my house and I do not want to get in over my head with how many girls I let her invite. She is 12. Thank you.

Advertisement

Last edited by rachelwilber; 03-26-2012 at 08:37 AM.
rachelwilber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:06 AM   #2
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:
Re: Those that have 12-18 year old girls. Questions!

I have a 14 year old. I don't plan their activities. Beforehand, I rent a couple of movies that my daughter asks for, buy a bunch of junk food (sour patch kids, popcorn, cookies, chips) and let them do what they want. We have a big TV downstairs so the girls prefer to camp out in the living room with sleeping bags.

At some point, they do gather in her room and do things like paint nails and I'm sure text boys. The most we have over at once is around 8 girls.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:11 AM   #3
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:

I just buy lots of food, and rent some movies, and make sure they have their own spaces. Then, I go into my room and read or watch tv.

If they decide to walk to the park, she'd come in my room and tell me. Under age 14 or 15, I'd go with them if it was very late at night. But, over 15, I'd either say "no..stay here" or I'd let them go by themselves depending on how late it is. (they always wait til about 11:00 pm to want to walk to the park.)
Old 03-26-2012, 09:56 AM   #4
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Lol - I read it as 12-18months and then I was like slumber party - what?!

Old 03-26-2012, 10:00 AM   #5
CarrieMF
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychomom
I have a 14 year old. I don't plan their activities. Beforehand, I rent a couple of movies that my daughter asks for, buy a bunch of junk food (sour patch kids, popcorn, cookies, chips) and let them do what they want. We have a big TV downstairs so the girls prefer to camp out in the living room with sleeping bags.

At some point, they do gather in her room and do things like paint nails and I'm sure text boys. The most we have over at once is around 8 girls.
I agree. My older 2 are 11 and 13. This is all i would do. They don't need(and often don't want ) activities planned for them.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:08 AM   #6
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

I ask my daghter what they want to do. Granted, my daughter is only 11, but I think it would be the same for the next couple of years. Most of the time they just want to watch movies and play games and just hang out, so aside from making sure we have the movies they are wanting and some junk food they all like, I don't do anything, unless asked. For instance, at her last sleep over, ODD asked if they could do tie dye, so I did somewhat supervise that, but that was it.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:34 AM   #7
syfitz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Same as everyone else. Movies, snacks, and let them be. They mostly just end up talking and laughing (and really not even watching much of the movies).
Old 03-26-2012, 05:06 PM   #8
b bright
Registered Users
seller

Ysah, slumber parties for that age group are more like a "girls night out" sans alcohol. Lol. Just getting together and gossiping and being teenagers. Ask your niece what she would like and go from there. You could ask if she wants to do a tie dye party or something, but most likely its going to be watching movies and hanging out. (i dont have kids this age, but i have 2 nieces and a little sister who are in that age group..plus i remember being in that age group...lol.)
Old 03-26-2012, 05:45 PM   #9
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
Lol - I read it as 12-18months and then I was like slumber party - what?!

LOL I keep reading it the same way! No way am I going to hold a toddler slumber party, haha.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:29 PM   #10
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by melyndie

LOL I keep reading it the same way! No way am I going to hold a toddler slumber party, haha.
me neither!!