Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2012, 11:07 AM   #1
fulloflove2
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 52
deleting

deleting

Advertisement


Last edited by fulloflove2; 03-26-2012 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Deleting
fulloflove2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:27 AM   #2
kaimon
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 3,248
Re: baby's ears stop folding over

I've never even noticed if a baby has softer ears than an adult!
My ears fold over easily... I think it's normal? I've never given it much though before!
__________________
Proud Canadian Mum to N and G!
kaimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:43 AM   #3
TalkinBoutMyGirl's Avatar
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 13,180
My Mood:
I don't think there is a set age when they get harder. Is it really that much to be concerned with? The kids ears will form however they are going to form. I don't think an ear that gets folded for a while is going to cause any problems.

And yes pp, babies in general are more flexible than adults. Their ears sometimes get sweaty and stuck folded over. It's actually kinda funny
__________________
Anna - Gazelle intense with mywife Rachel and Hailey (6) our little
Swag with Me!
TalkinBoutMyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:00 PM   #4
EmilytheStrange's Avatar
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mountain Home, ID
Posts: 7,418
My Mood:
Re: baby's ears stop folding over

normal

my husband went nuts over our DD's ears doing that (probably because he has some ear handles )

and no, it doesn't mean that they will stick out. My daughter's ears are perfectly normal even though we were sure they were bending too much and definitely starting to stick out.
__________________
SAHM to Magnolia May (09/10) and Luke Russett (04/13) and wife and best friend to my airman.
EmilytheStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:17 PM   #5
kristinc's Avatar
kristinc
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: IL:-)
Posts: 7,714
My Mood:
Re: baby's ears stop folding over

have u posted about this before....i am having a wicked case of deja vu if not.
kristinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:38 PM   #6
TalkinBoutMyGirl's Avatar
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 13,180
My Mood:
Re: baby's ears stop folding over

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinc View Post
have u posted about this before....i am having a wicked case of deja vu if not.
She is the one who posts about her kids pointy ears or misshappen heads all the time. It is weird that her threads are all so similar I can't believe I forgot about all those posts til you mentioned it.
__________________
Anna - Gazelle intense with mywife Rachel and Hailey (6) our little
Swag with Me!
TalkinBoutMyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:50 PM   #7
Mom2Connor's Avatar
Mom2Connor
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,283
Re: baby's ears stop folding over

I simply can not understand how someone can post all the time worried about their kids ears being pointy or folding or whathaveyou. I think it is so super super sad that this momma is so paranoid and weird about her poor kids ears. It's reall sad that when they are older, they will catch on to this no matter how hard mom thinks she's not saying anything to them. Talk about destroying ones self esteem from a very early age.
Mom2Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:10 PM   #8
TalkinBoutMyGirl's Avatar
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 13,180
My Mood:
Re: baby's ears stop folding over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor View Post
I simply can not understand how someone can post all the time worried about their kids ears being pointy or folding or whathaveyou. I think it is so super super sad that this momma is so paranoid and weird about her poor kids ears. It's reall sad that when they are older, they will catch on to this no matter how hard mom thinks she's not saying anything to them. Talk about destroying ones self esteem from a very early age.
I just wonder why she keeps on posting essentially the same thread. It is really weird but I guess not weird enough for concern amonst mods/admin. Confusing all around really
__________________
Anna - Gazelle intense with mywife Rachel and Hailey (6) our little
Swag with Me!

Last edited by TalkinBoutMyGirl; 03-26-2012 at 06:11 PM.
TalkinBoutMyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:10 PM   #9
fulloflove2
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 52
Re: baby's ears stop folding over

That was my son's pointy ears and it has evened out now. His ears got pointy because of the cpap hat. This is my baby girl's ears hers are not floppy they just keep bending and I didnt know if that was normal. The reason it was so many threads at one time about it was because I was new and I didnt know how to find my old threads. I just wanted to know if it was normal because my MIL told me to watch her ears because if they kept folding over they would start sticking out. Oh my gosh I didnt know people were going to jump on me about it. WOW! I know now not to be asking questions like that here.
For the ones that answered thank you so much for letting me know its normal. Good day.
fulloflove2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:16 PM   #10
TalkinBoutMyGirl's Avatar
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 13,180
My Mood:
Re: baby's ears stop folding over

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulloflove2 View Post
That was my son's pointy ears and it has evened out now. His ears got pointy because of the cpap hat. This is my baby girl's ears hers are not floppy they just keep bending and I didnt know if that was normal. The reason it was so many threads at one time about it was because I was new and I didnt know how to find my old threads. I just wanted to know if it was normal because my MIL told me to watch her ears because if they kept folding over they would start sticking out. Oh my gosh I didnt know people were going to jump on me about it. WOW! I know now not to be asking questions like that here.
For the ones that answered thank you so much for letting me know its normal. Good day.
Well you must have been able to find them because you responded quite a few times over different days
__________________
Anna - Gazelle intense with mywife Rachel and Hailey (6) our little
Swag with Me!
TalkinBoutMyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.