Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-26-2012, 12:51 PM   #21
this_mel_rocks
Registered Users
seller

Re: 3 days of 104 plus fever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2kaitlyn View Post
I think it is meant for a child that this isn't common with.
Yes, that is what I meant. I should have clarified.

Advertisement

this_mel_rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:55 PM   #22
hiding57
Registered Users
seller

Roseola has 3-4 days of high fever with no noticeable cause and then it breaks and they get a rash.
hiding57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:37 PM   #23
porky
Registered
seller

My kids have seemed to have had a lot fevers when they were little. That's pretty high for so long. Did they do blood work or chest xray? When my dd had a febrile seizure I was told by doc that its the sudden spike in temp that causes the seizure. Btw, my daughter never had another one after that and she had no problems from it. They r normal from what pediatrician said. Though scary. Are you taking any vitamins?
porky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:50 PM   #24
porky
Registered
seller

Our dd had roseola when she was about two. She had a fever (around 103 ish) for almost a week. The doc didn't know what it was. I realized it was roseola when she broke out in a rash. Doc said no need to come in when the rash appeared because he was sure that that's what it was too. Her fever broke after rash appeared. I'm sorry your lo is sick. Poor thing. Hang in there.
porky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:43 PM   #25
emilyinmichigan
Registered Users
seller

Some great advice has already been posted. My DD had a 100-102 fever over the last five days. I wasn't familiar with fever lasting that long but Dr. Sears (and my ped!) had great info. Here's the Sears page: http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/childhood-illnesses/fever
Old 03-26-2012, 07:51 PM   #26
CharmedMama
Registered Users
Formerly: a*b*ss
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiding57 View Post
Roseola has 3-4 days of high fever with no noticeable cause and then it breaks and they get a rash.
My daughter JUST had Roseola and had a fever that would barely come down with rotating Tylenol and Ibuprofen along with cool baths. Her fever reached up to 103.7. She had the high fever for about 3 days, then the day after her fever broke, she got the rash.

The only other concern I ever have with a fever, but no other symptoms, is a UTI. My other daughter had a UTI once and she ran a fever all the way up to 104. It was a very easy test though for that as I asked them to put a bag on her, then I brought the urine sample back once she had urinated.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:00 PM   #27
Shyasie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2kaitlyn View Post
Just watch for dehydration signs, I would maybe ask about blood work if not better tomorrow,
This...please!! I am a bit paranoid right now, as my son just got out of the hospital yesterday. He had been sick for about 3 days, not eating, drinking a little, I took him to the ER. Turned out he was severely dehydrated and his glucose was so low his body was going into shock and the doctors said he could have easily slipped into a coma.
Shyasie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:48 AM   #28
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

The er said for the pedi to do a urine test but she didnt.

He still has wet diapers. I have been giving him extra to drink and he is nursing lots. He also has soft stools quiet often.

The pedi said he has the flu ande gave me cough syrup but he is not coughing. On rare occasions he does but I think its more clearing his throat, I do not think I heard him cough once today, and maybe once or twice since this fever broke.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:33 AM   #29
z2akids
Registered Users
seller

Don't use cool baths or washcloths with a high fever. Doing so will feel freezing to the person and will cause them to shiver which in fact raises their body temp rather than bringing it down.

Instead, take a warm damp wash cloth and wipe it across the forehead, hands or other part of exposed skin. Don't leave it on there. The idea is that when the water evaporates, it will cool them because it will take some of the heat with the evaporated water.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:33 AM   #30
z2akids
Registered Users
seller

DP