Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2012, 09:06 PM   #1
yogamama28
Registered Users
seller

Episiotomy scar tissue- Premarin

I am 7 weeks postpartum. I had an easy labor and delivery and only had a very small episiotomy. In the last week i noticed a good amount of scar tissue there. It follows the line of my episiotomy and then goes inside me a but. I went to the dr today and she confirmed that it is scar tissue. She said to use Premarin cream (estrogen) for two weeks. If its not better when I go back in two weeks she said they'll have to cut out the scar tissue.
1. Has anyone ever had a similar situation and NOT needed the surgery after using a similar cream?
2. I am reading conflicting reports on the safety of estrogen creams with breastfeeding. My DD is EBF.

Advertisement

yogamama28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:29 PM   #2
hauser
Registered Users
seller

Re: Episiotomy scar tissue- Premarin

I have scar tissue, but never used cream or had surgery

I had an episiotomy and/or tore with all of my kiddos.

I don't know about the cream but I might prefer that over surgery.

Last edited by hauser; 03-15-2012 at 09:30 PM.
hauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:45 PM   #3
jessicap
Registered Users
seller

I wonder if this has anything to do with a situation like what my dd went through, she was born with a labial adhesion and one doc, not her ped, wanted to treat it with premarin cream to get it to dissolve the adhesion, we chose to leave it alone and it went away on its own, but thats a bunny trail lol...so I wonder if that is the goal, could the scar tissue cause issues like an adhesion and that is why they want it taken care of?
jessicap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:25 AM   #4
MinkaK
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I tore with all my kids but never used a cream or anything ( my first tear was a doozy too, I still have some pain from it almost 5 years later). Does you doctor think you were stitched wrong? I guess I don't see the need for surgery.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:34 AM   #5
Resellmybelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Grand Prairie, TX 75052 If I owe you feedback, please PM me a reminder!
My Mood:

If it were me, I would try a natural cream over the synthetic version in a heartbeat. I do not like the sound of the side effects or the ingredients in the premarin at all.

Here is one example of a natural cream, there are many to choose from.

Natural cream

I especially like this statement: No known side effects have been reported using a natural estrogen supplement

Good luck to you!

Last edited by Resellmybelle; 03-16-2012 at 01:01 AM.
Resellmybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:57 AM   #6
yogamama28
Registered Users
seller

She's treating it because of how it's impacting my life. I cant even use a tampon because of the scarring and certainly can't have sex with my husband. She said its just the way my stitches healed- luck of the draw, I guess. I am going to call the office tomorrow and check the safety of it and breastfeeding.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:55 AM   #7
sparkygirl74
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had a fourth degree tear with my first birth, which led to tons of scarring. I couldn't have sex without crying for over a year, but when I went in to my yearly visit my Dr gave me the estrogen cream to try before surgery. Seriously, it worked so fast. It broke the scars right up after just a few uses. I was still nursing, and he said it wouldn't be much different than the hormone change that comes with getting my period.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:57 AM   #8
yogamama28
Registered Users
seller

Thanks, that's encouraging. I really don't want surgery (obviously).
Im just surprised that this happened with such a tiny episiotomy but I suppose any scar can get scar tissue.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:21 AM   #9
hauser
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogamama28 View Post
She's treating it because of how it's impacting my life. I cant even use a tampon because of the scarring and certainly can't have sex with my husband. She said its just the way my stitches healed- luck of the draw, I guess. I am going to call the office tomorrow and check the safety of it and breastfeeding.
Hopefully the cream is safe and it will work quickly for you
Old 03-17-2012, 11:20 PM   #10
wendow
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkygirl74 View Post
I had a fourth degree tear with my first birth, which led to tons of scarring. I couldn't have sex without crying for over a year, but when I went in to my yearly visit my Dr gave me the estrogen cream to try before surgery. Seriously, it worked so fast. It broke the scars right up after just a few uses. I was still nursing, and he said it wouldn't be much different than the hormone change that comes with getting my period.
Same here. Same degree of tear...same tears for a year with sex. I used Premarin and it works amazingly fast. I know it's synthetic but it works. I've not tried the all natural stuff so I can't comment to that.