Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-26-2012, 12:43 PM   #1
emp1217
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Help! I need a daycare diaper!

I think I'm losing my mind. I've changed diapering systems with my baby so many times! At home we just use prefolds, but for our sitters we try to use easy diapers. We were previously using Flips with padfolded flats, but Flips weren't fitting her well and I was tired of folding flats in the evenings.

I work full time and I felt like I was spending an entire evening getting our diapers together by the time I folded so many flats, so I decided to try pockets. I tried a number and decided on Fuzzi Bunz. Well, it is taking less time but still a lot to stuff that many pockets for the week, not to mention I am beginning to hate microfiber with a passion. I do like the FB elites quite a bit - the minky inserts are nice and I've noticed less staining and stink with them. Our water seems to do really poorly with synthetics overall.

I think I need a dozen AIOs or AI2s. At this point in my life, I need it to be easy! I just want to dry them and pop them in the diaper bag for my sitter. I want to stick with natural fibers, cotton preferrably. I'm considering Grovias, Swaddlebees Simplex or Econappi, and BG Elementals...although I'm not sure how they would do since Flips didn't fit her very well. Does anyone have any other suggestions or words of wisdom?

Advertisement

Old 03-26-2012, 01:08 PM   #2
Jenna~Mom3girls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help! I need a daycare diaper!

I was going to suggest Tots Bots Easyfit, the problem is you still have to stuff them. They go on SO easily, though. I can get a great fit on my chubby baby and on my skinny 2 yr old (although she is potty trained now, YAY!!) As far as not having to stuff anything, I like to GroVia AIO's quite a bit, but they don't go on as easy. I only have one BG Elemental and I LOVE it. But the fit is very much like the fit with the Flip...Now I feel like I'm not being much help at all! Sorry! Oh! What about the BG Freetime? You don't have to stuff that one and it dries just as fast as all of my pockets. I only have one but I've never had any problems with it! Might be an idea...??
Jenna~Mom3girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:16 PM   #3
DottieHarley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

mama! I totally understand the daycare frustration!
Exactly HOW do the Flips not fit well? I find that BGE's (our daycare dipe) fits very similar to the Flips (I stuff flips with a thirsties hemp pf, just for comparison's sake). I think, although i've never tried them, that the 4.0's fit smaller? But there again you would have to stuff.
We've tried grovia's AIO and AI2, and the simplexes. Grovias were nice, but the soaker by itself just isnt enough, and the doublers I think are absurdly narrow. And if babysitters don't like Flips they definitely won't like the AI2. FWIW we are anti-aplix and I hated the grovia aplix the least.
Swaddlebees are SO. darn cute but cut smaller in the thighs than bumgenius brands (so if you have a skinny legged LO you may be in luck). What I didn't like about those, the soaker agitates out (it's attached) but you have to stuff it back in, and it never laid nice and flat.
BGE's are super easy except they take forever to dry. Due to some washing issues I have converted all mine to quick-dry by releasing the front stitching (so it's like 2 tongue-style soakers). Since they are 100% cotton I add a fleece liner to each.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:48 PM   #4
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by emp1217 View Post
I think I'm losing my mind. I've changed diapering systems with my baby so many times! At home we just use prefolds, but for our sitters we try to use easy diapers. We were previously using Flips with padfolded flats, but Flips weren't fitting her well and I was tired of folding flats in the evenings.

I work full time and I felt like I was spending an entire evening getting our diapers together by the time I folded so many flats, so I decided to try pockets. I tried a number and decided on Fuzzi Bunz. Well, it is taking less time but still a lot to stuff that many pockets for the week, not to mention I am beginning to hate microfiber with a passion. I do like the FB elites quite a bit - the minky inserts are nice and I've noticed less staining and stink with them. Our water seems to do really poorly with synthetics overall.

I think I need a dozen AIOs or AI2s. At this point in my life, I need it to be easy! I just want to dry them and pop them in the diaper bag for my sitter. I want to stick with natural fibers, cotton preferrably. I'm considering Grovias, Swaddlebees Simplex or Econappi, and BG Elementals...although I'm not sure how they would do since Flips didn't fit her very well. Does anyone have any other suggestions or words of wisdom?
First I want to say, I feel ya! I've been on the search as well for an AIO, but have decided that pockets are going to just work best. I find that the easy AIO's are just not absorbant enough (ex.. Ones and Twos, Thirsties).

All of the ones that you mentioned, I wouldn't considerer easy enough for daycare IMO. They are all snap or side snapping.

Even AIO's require some work. I really don't think they are much easier than pocket dipes to be honest. I would really stick to Aplix for daycare. How about sized Bottombumper in Aplix? You want to make sure they are absorbant enough too because DCP's are as diligent as we are on frequent changes.

Through lots of destashing, I have come to the conclustion that the best daycare dipes for us are either BG 4.0 or Blueberry pockets. I stuff them all at night when I'm watching TV, put in a bin by the door, and take 10 (which last two days) and head to daycare. I know these are both MF though.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:51 PM   #5
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh wait, I had another idea. Grovia AI2. I just got two this weekend. Aplix is really good actually and they seem pretty absorbant. They are on sale now. Not sure if you can use the shell over at daycare, but you could treat as an AIO (that's what I do).
Old 03-26-2012, 01:58 PM   #6
Belbaby3728
Banned

I got a whole bunch of grovia AI2 for my mom and grandmother for when they babysit. I leave 3-4 shells so they can have a different diaper ready when they change her and after change her remove dirty snap in soaker and replace with clean and be ready for next change. The aplix is so strong on them and easy to use and they fit around my girls skinny legs and waist very well.
Belbaby3728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:59 PM   #7
kalibratx4
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We are loving our OS Thirstie AIO's.... They are absorbent and come in aplix and are not too pricey
kalibratx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #8
pennykandy
Registered Users
seller

If you are looking for an AI2 that's easy, you might try SoftBums. quick and easy snap in pod, one size adjustments without the snap down rise. Should be pretty easy for the babysitter. And if you get the Omni, you could always use it as a pocket if you want
Old 03-26-2012, 02:03 PM   #9
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennykandy View Post
If you are looking for an AI2 that's easy, you might try SoftBums. quick and easy snap in pod, one size adjustments without the snap down rise. Should be pretty easy for the babysitter. And if you get the Omni, you could always use it as a pocket if you want
Bingo! And they have the optional Hemp soakers right vs. MF?
Old 03-26-2012, 02:16 PM   #10
emp1217
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna~Mom3girls View Post
I was going to suggest Tots Bots Easyfit, the problem is you still have to stuff them. They go on SO easily, though. I can get a great fit on my chubby baby and on my skinny 2 yr old (although she is potty trained now, YAY!!) As far as not having to stuff anything, I like to GroVia AIO's quite a bit, but they don't go on as easy. I only have one BG Elemental and I LOVE it. But the fit is very much like the fit with the Flip...Now I feel like I'm not being much help at all! Sorry! Oh! What about the BG Freetime? You don't have to stuff that one and it dries just as fast as all of my pockets. I only have one but I've never had any problems with it! Might be an idea...??
We have a suedocloth sensitivity, so no Freetimes or 4.0s, which were my go to daycare diaper last time. Lily is sort of chubby but petite with a chubby belly and thighs, so on the Flips she was between snap settings an they were either too loose or too tight. I am thinking of going and getting some Elementals at the local store to try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DottieHarley View Post
mama! I totally understand the daycare frustration!
Exactly HOW do the Flips not fit well? I find that BGE's (our daycare dipe) fits very similar to the Flips (I stuff flips with a thirsties hemp pf, just for comparison's sake). I think, although i've never tried them, that the 4.0's fit smaller? But there again you would have to stuff.
We've tried grovia's AIO and AI2, and the simplexes. Grovias were nice, but the soaker by itself just isnt enough, and the doublers I think are absurdly narrow. And if babysitters don't like Flips they definitely won't like the AI2. FWIW we are anti-aplix and I hated the grovia aplix the least.
Swaddlebees are SO. darn cute but cut smaller in the thighs than bumgenius brands (so if you have a skinny legged LO you may be in luck). What I didn't like about those, the soaker agitates out (it's attached) but you have to stuff it back in, and it never laid nice and flat.
BGE's are super easy except they take forever to dry. Due to some washing issues I have converted all mine to quick-dry by releasing the front stitching (so it's like 2 tongue-style soakers). Since they are 100% cotton I add a fleece liner to each.
My daycare providers (who happen to be my mother, mil and our cousin on occasion) have never minded the AI2 system, but Lily was just so wiggly and fights diaper changes so much that I felt bad! Thanks for the feedback on the other diapers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuki24 View Post
First I want to say, I feel ya! I've been on the search as well for an AIO, but have decided that pockets are going to just work best. I find that the easy AIO's are just not absorbant enough (ex.. Ones and Twos, Thirsties).

All of the ones that you mentioned, I wouldn't considerer easy enough for daycare IMO. They are all snap or side snapping.

Even AIO's require some work. I really don't think they are much easier than pocket dipes to be honest. I would really stick to Aplix for daycare. How about sized Bottombumper in Aplix? You want to make sure they are absorbant enough too because DCP's are as diligent as we are on frequent changes.

Through lots of destashing, I have come to the conclustion that the best daycare dipes for us are either BG 4.0 or Blueberry pockets. I stuff them all at night when I'm watching TV, put in a bin by the door, and take 10 (which last two days) and head to daycare. I know these are both MF though.
Everyone seems to be okay with snaps, but as I said, our "daycare" is family who have been fine with snaps. I have had such terrible luck with aplix holding up that I am hesitant to buy it.