Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-26-2012, 05:08 PM   #1
SkyeBattest
Registered Users
seller

HELP! Washing machine ? HE top loader

how many people have a HE top loader water saver washing machine? I was prepping diapers and oh my gosh im worried cause it barely puts ANY water in the machine! I can't imagine once they get pee and poop on them. I heard of using the towel trick and wetting a large towel to throw in the wash. I tried cancel the machine and start it again to try and get more water in but that didn't work it just drained the water before starting again -_- and it also ONLY does cold rinses.. it has a function to rinse/spin only but I have no control over the water temp for rinse.. only the wash cycle. It's a Maytag ecoconserver low water washer. Anyone else have something similar and can share there wash routine?

Advertisement

Skye ~cloth diapering, babywearing, keeping our boy whole, organic loving, crunchy Momma to one cute little boy born 6/22/12 Hunter Wyatt ~ and currently TTC baby #2

ISO: Chelory AI2's

SkyeBattest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:22 PM   #2
aries416
Registered Users
seller

Re: HELP! Washing machine ? HE top loader

I don't know anything about that brand, but I have LG front loaders and I've never had an issue with diapers not getting clean enough. I do a cold wash, then a sanitary wash with an extra rinse.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:42 PM   #3
cutebluebaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've got a TLing GE Profile, and it does the exact same thing yours does with the draining the water. I don't see how that's an efficient system. I have learned to keep mine set to "super" rather than "Auto Sense / Precise Fill", and let the washer fill as far as it's going to (halfway) before I start adding in the laundry and closing the lid. Once I close that lid though, I can't mess around with the wash settings or cancel the cycle. It also has the cold only rinse, but so did my old (non HE) TLer. That said, I don't have an issue with it getting the diapers clean.

What exactly are you prepping? If you're prepping prefolds, I would just boil them because you'll use a lot less water, and you can get the water hotter to strip more of the oils. If it's other diapers to run through two or three times before use, you'll be fine to use the washer.

Fabrics : Fitteds : Inserts : Boy Clothes : Girl Clothes
cutebluebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:34 PM   #4
edenshale
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was having the same problem from my front loading HE washer. The brand is Amana. It doesn't have any "fancy" settings. I was using a rinse & then a wash but that wasn't cutting it. So now I have it rinse, hot heavy duty wash & then another rinse. That seems to be doing much better for us.
edenshale is offline   Reply With Quote