Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-27-2012, 11:00 AM   #21
NorwexMa
Registered Users
seller

Re: Freezer Meals Thread

Thanks! I did make some mini crusts this way to make breakfast pizzas. Anyone have recommendations on how to make them 'gas station style' with the eggs and ham on? What do you use for sauce so the scrambled eggs and toppings don't fall off?

Advertisement

I enjoy being thrifty green with Norwex! http://leahrus.norwex.biz
NorwexMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:29 AM   #22
chello
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ooh, this is good. I gave myself the goal back in Jan or Feb that I would make a freezer meal every week for awhile, to have a good stock. yeah, I have...two things made up I need to get back on this, I've got 8 weeks left!
Old 06-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #23
chach4
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by chello
ooh, this is good. I gave myself the goal back in Jan or Feb that I would make a freezer meal every week for awhile, to have a good stock. yeah, I have...two things made up I need to get back on this, I've got 8 weeks left!
You're doing better than me, I have zero!. Will work on it after July 4th vacation next week...but I'm boring and lasagna is about all I did last time...
This time tho, is like to do up....

Beef cooked with Taco seasoning ready to go.
Enchiladas
Lasagna and baked spaghetti
Kabobs premade and ready to go on grill
Banana bread/muffins.
Breakfast sandwiches (egg, ham and cheese on English muffins.I do this now for dh for quick breakfasts)
And maybe a chicken casserole...
Also going to stock up ahead of time (if there is any way to plan this) with bread, lunch meat and cheeses for an easy sandwich. Or maybe will request this from MIL after baby is born. Give her something to do to help.ha

But what's nice is we had several friends/family bring over meals when ds was born, AND, my moms group I'm in has a "mommy meals" program where 3 diff ppl will bring over meals after baby is born so that is awesome too.

Last edited by chach4; 06-27-2012 at 11:59 AM.
chach4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:05 AM   #24
popsi
Registered Users
seller

Our plan is to attempt to make double of WHATEVER we make for supper and to freeze one of them. So far we had two things in the freezer, but had to take it out for supper tonight because we just had to defrost the freezer. The frost in there was almost taking more space than the food!
Hopefully, starting tomorrow supper we'll stick with the plan and stock the freezer. Plus, my community is also really nice and usually a friend arranges supper meals for about TWO WEEKS! On top of that, thank G-d, my MIL lives nearby and is always happy to make more than she needs and sends it over to us.
popsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:26 AM   #25
NorwexMa
Registered Users
seller

I usually have quite a few meals dropped off to, but not so many the first week. They start rolling in usually after I'm starting to get back on my feet (so they can do baby visit too). So my goal is just 1 weeks worth of meals. I already have:
banana bread
2 casseroles (don't member what kind tho) in freezer
hamburger patties froze for quick supper/ hubby can cook and feel helpful
cookie dough
I hope to try freezing muffin dough so I can bake some fresh. I don't wanna stock it up without testing it first.

Old 07-02-2012, 11:32 AM   #26
NorwexMa
Registered Users
seller

Got some sweet bars in the freezer! And granola bars, but they will be gone long before then! And tried freezing muffin batter cups, but I will bake them in a week or two and see how that method turns out.
Made mini pizzas with pizza dough I prebaked and froze- I let the kids top their own, then oiled a stoneware pan, put it in oven to heat, then put pizzas on to heat- they were awesome! Even had the crispy crust!

Old 07-03-2012, 12:52 PM   #27
momofairforcebrats
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I usually freeze some stew and chicken and rice before baby to take with me to the hospital. I am gluten, dairy and soy free so I have to bring my own meals. Will be freezing pancakes too I think.