Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-27-2012, 05:15 PM   #11
romansmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Mama cloth

I just finished my first cycle using mama cloth & 3rd cycle with a Diva cup and both seriously are THE BEST things ever!!! I purchased minky topped, flannel backed Gem cloth w/ snaps and have had no issues with leaking or shifting around. I rinsed the dirty ones in cold water and put them in a wetbag and washed them with towels mostly b/c I had a load of towels that needed washed. I'm sure washing with diapers would be fine too. Since using the Diva cup and mama cloth, my cycle has decreased to just 3-4 days and it's MUCH lighter! I will never go back to sposies.....EVER!

Advertisement

Old 03-27-2012, 07:08 PM   #12
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have been reading up on the Diva cup and I SOOOOOO want one AND a stash of mama cloth! I am 29 and have 1 child, so according to the sizing chart, I guess I will need a size 2. Spam me if anyone has a brand new (never used) one for sale or trade
Old 03-27-2012, 09:15 PM   #13
luvnmyboys
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2muncher
seller
seller

My Mood:

i bought a diva cup and decided i didn't want to try it. it was just different than i was really expecting. i've had mama cloth for 2 months and it is great. all of mine at the moment is from gem cloth. she was very nice to work with. i have all cotton velour topped with fleece backing. i haven't had any leaks with the fleece at all. they stay put very well. i follow a similar washing routine for them. i spray them off with my diaper sprayer, do a rinse and a quick short wash, and then throw them in with clothes or whatever else needs washing. i don't have any experience with any other brands but i have had nothing but good experience with gem cloth so far. i may try to make a few to add to my stash because i think i have all the materials on hand.
luvnmyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:23 PM   #14
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

The diva cup is AWESOME!!! I love it. If you do decide to get one you won't need as big of a Mama Cloth stash, because it can even be worn overnight. Mama cloth is good too though and I even have some WAHM ones that are cotton topped and don't feel wet in. This may be a personal issue...but I don't like fleece on top (for stay dry, fleece back is fine) or PUL backing because both make me sweaty.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:12 PM   #15
mommycissa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I love my mama cloth! I use fleece lined and the ONLY time I have ever leaked thru was when I went jogging and got super super sweaty. I think the watery sweat carried red thru the fleece whereas blood coagulates/is too thick to go thru the fleece on its own.

Sorry, TMI!

Get 35% Off YesToTomatos Skin and Hair Products! I love Yes To, and I think you would too! Click the link http://www.push44.com/wzrv9gzf for a special offer from Yes To!
mommycissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:20 PM   #16
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i love mama cloth. not entirely sure on stay dry, but minkee is mostly stay dry. ive never tried microfleece topped. i will say that even PP my velour pads dont feel "wet" i dont even realize they are there most of the time. i use my own(mothergoose designs) and have also had mothermoon pads, pink lemonade pads and homestead emporium pads. i have tried a few other ones through swaps and have found that as far as quality you get what you pay for. the 'cheaper' brands seemed to be made from less absorbent materials and the quality wasnt great. id rather have a few good pads that last for years then a bunch of pads that last a few months. that being said some of my pads are 5 years old and still look new
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:46 AM   #17
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

good to know! Ok so I am going to look into GEM cloth, Pink Lemonade pads, and a couple other listed in pp's. Hopefully I can get my hands on a new diva cup
Old 03-28-2012, 05:47 AM   #18
heksy
Registered Users

I have tried a few brands and my favourite are Tree Hugger, Homestead Emporium and Domino pads. When I first thought about buying mama cloth I thought microfleece and PUL backed was the way to go but the PUL makes it shift around more and the microfleece makes me feel less staydry and more sweaty. I like minkee the best because it is so soft and always stays the same, no stains.

Also Ive always had light periods but after I switched to MC it has gone down to like
2-3 days (one heavy). And I hardly get cramps anymore.
heksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:05 AM   #19
TiaLeigh323
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Subbing to this thread. I can't stand sposie pads! I have a Diva Cup and I love it, but you can't use is postpartum, so that's a bummer. I have a little bit of mama cloth, but I need to get more...shopping around at the moment.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:09 AM   #20
blane,j,&morgansmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I love my mama cloth and always love to share the info with other mamas (in real life too!) I have gem and silver liner pads. They are both terrific!! They both do customs too. I would never go back to sposie pads or tampons if you paid me to!