Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-27-2012, 07:11 PM   #1
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Tell me about Flips! I'm quite impressed already!

I am not a BG fan, but couldn't resist the seconds sale. Got two in the mail today with the stay dry soakers and some disposable soakers and I really like the fit. Why do these fit better than the 4.0? I wouldn't use these as an
AI2, I would just use them once and wash (daycare dipes).

How absorbant are they? Thinking about buying more!

Just when I think I have tried everything I find something else I just have to try!

Advertisement

Old 03-27-2012, 07:13 PM   #2
mcrisp78
Registered Users
seller

Re: Tell me about Flips! I'm quite impressed already!

I love flips, but I have never used the inserts. Just thirstiest hemp prefolds and imagine prefolds. I love flips, so stretchy and fit so good
Old 03-27-2012, 07:44 PM   #3
BoyCrazy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Flips stay dry were the first cloth diapers I tried. My son was 14 months old at the time and he could pee through the inserts like they weren't even there. I used prefolds trifolded in the covers for a while and that was OK but then I found the pocket love so that's all I use now. The Flip organic inserts are really nice though. I picked some seconds up almost a year ago and use them in our overnight diapers. They are very soft and absorbent.
BoyCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:56 PM   #4
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyCrazy View Post
Flips stay dry were the first cloth diapers I tried. My son was 14 months old at the time and he could pee through the inserts like they weren't even there. I used prefolds trifolded in the covers for a while and that was OK but then I found the pocket love so that's all I use now. The Flip organic inserts are really nice though. I picked some seconds up almost a year ago and use them in our overnight diapers. They are very soft and absorbent.
Okay so I should pick up some organic inserts for my super soaker then? Do I trust the staydry at daycare or just sell them off right away?
Old 03-27-2012, 08:02 PM   #5
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The stay dry insert is equivalent to the bg os insert, I believe. If I had a super soaker I would pick up flip organic inserts or Thirsties hemp prefolds to put in them. That is what I used on DS when he started out-peeing his BG Organics around 18 months.

I also only used the covers once...and I bought all mine as seconds, so it wasn't that bad price wise.
and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:04 PM   #6
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskamum View Post
The stay dry insert is equivalent to the bg os insert, I believe. If I had a super soaker I would pick up flip organic inserts or Thirsties hemp prefolds to put in them. That is what I used on DS when he started out-peeing his BG Organics around 18 months.

I also only used the covers once...and I bought all mine as seconds, so it wasn't that bad price wise.
Okay, glad you said this because the OS BG 4.0 Insert works just fine for us. Thanks everyone!
Old 03-27-2012, 08:18 PM   #7
EssentialGoodz
Registered Users
seller

You should be fine with just the stay dry insert. The insert will most likely be soaked... I would say that's normal, but any stay dry material will help your kiddo to be more dry. Flips were what we first used as well and really liked them and then just got bored with them lol so I bought a bunch of other diapers over the last 2.5 yrs of cloth diapering two kids

But..... I now like the flips again!!! They are super trim!!! We just use a go green champ microfiber insert inside the flip- with a fleece liner on top. I guess I have come full circle with cloth diapers. Also, the flips dry really fast in the summer time.

Last edited by EssentialGoodz; 03-27-2012 at 08:24 PM.
EssentialGoodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:30 PM   #8
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

They have grown on me. I have said several times that I hate them, but I have come around. DH loves them and its the only diaper he uses. I have even started reaching for them now when I want dd to wear leggings or I need a quick diaper change and don't want to try and pin a prefold on a moving target.

I don't have any of the Flip inserts, though - we only use pad folded flats. She can go 8-9 hours at night in one with just a pad folded flat, with no leaks.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:17 PM   #9
mypeanut09
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have both sets of inserts. The organics are definitely more absorbant and I use those for night. That being said, I have never had a leak with the stay dry either, but if I use them at night I usually add some hemp or a newborn insert too. I love my Flips. They were my first diapers and make up a lot of my stash.
mypeanut09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:32 AM   #10
Luvingmy4boys
Registered Users
Formerly: sahmto3boys
seller

My Mood:

I love the fit of Flips too. While the organic insert is more absorbent, it is bulkier. I would only use it for nights and I used to use it when I did cloth at night with a Hemp Babies doubler (nights only). If you find that he leaks with just the stay dry insert, I'd add a Hemp Babies doubler under the stay dry soaker. That would give the absorbency boost but it doesn't add any bulk. That's what I do if I know that he may be in a diaper for a longer period of time.