Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2012, 11:04 PM   #11
monkeysmom615's Avatar
monkeysmom615
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Oahu, HI
Posts: 788
My Mood:
It's mostly on his left...leg? It's basically where the gusset starts and goes out away from the diaper (this is the largest area and quite big). There's also a spot on his right and an area on the left inside above his parts. If I just spent a ton of money on diapers I can't use....I think I'll cry.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum (which explains any and all typos!)

Advertisement

__________________
CPST! AF Wife and Mama to a 6/15/08 Monkey who has an unhealthy fascination with the And a 7/26/11 toddler with a huge personality! I, personally, have a sick love of the icon. Swagbucks - Earning free $! My ISO/IHA
monkeysmom615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:10 PM   #12
monkeysmom615's Avatar
monkeysmom615
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Oahu, HI
Posts: 788
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by boysniris
Where is he getting the rash? My son can't do PUL or he gets rashy in the front, above his bits and on his inner thighs/scrotal area. We use fleece covers full time, it's similar to wool, and breathable enough that his skin stays nice and clear. Once I switched to fleece covers, he rarely had rash issues unless it was from a nasty poo.

Here's a link to our story (on facebook):
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?not...87310381302998

ETA -- > full-time fleece is do-able
Oh my gosh....this is us!! Oh man. I wish I had read this before I bought all these beautiful new dipes!! Thank you so much for sharing!!! Now I better get some fleece and see if that helps!!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum (which explains any and all typos!)
__________________
CPST! AF Wife and Mama to a 6/15/08 Monkey who has an unhealthy fascination with the And a 7/26/11 toddler with a huge personality! I, personally, have a sick love of the icon. Swagbucks - Earning free $! My ISO/IHA
monkeysmom615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:15 PM   #13
boysniris's Avatar
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 13,908
My Mood:
Re: Rash only when wearing cloth? HELP!

So the rash is outside of the diaper area, is it like on his inner thighs? Maybe you could put a healing barrier ointment to protect his skin. I like Northern Essence sensitive skin diaper salve

It could be from the PUL, or maybe even an issue with elastic. Hard to really say. Do you have any prefolds that you could try?

I'd start by putting him back into sposies until the rash clears up. Once he's clear, try prefolds w/o covers and see if he gets the rash. If he doesn't, try prefolds with a PUL cover. If he gets rashy, go back to sposies until he's clear. Then try prefolds with a fleece or breathable cover. Keep testing the different elements until you narrow it down.

I'm sorry you bought a new stash because you thought he was reacting to suedecloth. Its possible that he is sensitive to suedecloth and something else as well.

Do you know what what in the diaper rash concoction? If it had any hydrocortisone, that will clear up eczema. Do you think he might have an eczema issue?
__________________
Hi I'm Melanie! I make EmotiBums FLEECE

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:19 PM   #14
boysniris's Avatar
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 13,908
My Mood:
Re: Rash only when wearing cloth? HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeysmom615 View Post
Oh my gosh....this is us!! Oh man. I wish I had read this before I bought all these beautiful new dipes!! Thank you so much for sharing!!! Now I better get some fleece and see if that helps!!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum (which explains any and all typos!)
Before you stash up with something else, I really think it would be worthwhile to try something very basic like the prefolds w/o covers. PFs wash up so easily, that's a good way to ensure it's not the detergent or anything like that. If he has any fleece pants, try them as the cover and make sure he doesn't have a reaction or a rash w/that combo. I know PFs can be a hassle, but even if you just try a dozen it will be a small expense and they are pretty handy to have around (if you don't already have them).

But, yeah, Simplex's are nice looking, easy-sounding diapers. I remember how frustrated and sad I was when I had to sell off what I thought was our stash nirvana (about 30 Rocky Mountain Diapers ... loved those things)
__________________
Hi I'm Melanie! I make EmotiBums FLEECE

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:53 PM   #15
monkeysmom615's Avatar
monkeysmom615
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Oahu, HI
Posts: 788
My Mood:
Re: Rash only when wearing cloth? HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boysniris View Post
So the rash is outside of the diaper area, is it like on his inner thighs? Maybe you could put a healing barrier ointment to protect his skin. I like Northern Essence sensitive skin diaper salve

It could be from the PUL, or maybe even an issue with elastic. Hard to really say. Do you have any prefolds that you could try?

I'd start by putting him back into sposies until the rash clears up. Once he's clear, try prefolds w/o covers and see if he gets the rash. If he doesn't, try prefolds with a PUL cover. If he gets rashy, go back to sposies until he's clear. Then try prefolds with a fleece or breathable cover. Keep testing the different elements until you narrow it down.

I'm sorry you bought a new stash because you thought he was reacting to suedecloth. Its possible that he is sensitive to suedecloth and something else as well.

Do you know what what in the diaper rash concoction? If it had any hydrocortisone, that will clear up eczema. Do you think he might have an eczema issue?
It starts just inside the diaper area (in the leg) and radiates out. He's currently in disposables again while we use the stuff to clear it up...again. It's a mix of equal parts Nystatin, Hydrocortisone and Zinc Oxide. My DS1 had eczema and I have it as well (as does my Mom and both of my sisters) so there's always that as a possibility as well (joy!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by boysniris View Post
Before you stash up with something else, I really think it would be worthwhile to try something very basic like the prefolds w/o covers. PFs wash up so easily, that's a good way to ensure it's not the detergent or anything like that. If he has any fleece pants, try them as the cover and make sure he doesn't have a reaction or a rash w/that combo. I know PFs can be a hassle, but even if you just try a dozen it will be a small expense and they are pretty handy to have around (if you don't already have them).

But, yeah, Simplex's are nice looking, easy-sounding diapers. I remember how frustrated and sad I was when I had to sell off what I thought was our stash nirvana (about 30 Rocky Mountain Diapers ... loved those things)
I do have a few prefolds but they may be too small now (and the next size I have is toddler) but I can probably trifold them. I have one bamboozle in his size (and about 6 in the next size up from DS1). I don't think I have any fleece pants...I'll have to check the storage box since I assumed I wouldn't need them here. I have some fleece I can sew up when I eventually find someplace to set my sewing machine up here in the new house.

Thank you so much for talking me through this. I really don't know how I'll recoup my fundage from the Simplexes without losing some (which I did take a loss on selling all the BG's just to fund new dipes, I just can't take a loss again like that).

You've been super helpful! Thank you so much!!
__________________
CPST! AF Wife and Mama to a 6/15/08 Monkey who has an unhealthy fascination with the And a 7/26/11 toddler with a huge personality! I, personally, have a sick love of the icon. Swagbucks - Earning free $! My ISO/IHA
monkeysmom615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.