Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-29-2012, 05:36 AM   #11
ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I'm the only one who is still pregnant, aren't I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryChicMama View Post
Stick it out!! I was 41 weeks 4 days with my VBAC baby and may approach that with this second VBAC. If you are doing well and the baby is doing well, I'd say keep going; maybe get your membranes stripped when possible. Your body will do this!!
Oh, I'm going to stick it out as long as possible. But it's hard knowing that I have only 8 days left to get my body in gear. At my last appt, I was still high and completely closed, so I couldn't get my membranes stripped. So hopefully something has been happening. Fortunately my care provider is 100% supportive and has not been pressuring me at all. It's just me getting antsy.

Advertisement

Old 03-29-2012, 05:47 AM   #12
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbailey89

Oh, I'm going to stick it out as long as possible. But it's hard knowing that I have only 8 days left to get my body in gear. At my last appt, I was still high and completely closed, so I couldn't get my membranes stripped. So hopefully something has been happening. Fortunately my care provider is 100% supportive and has not been pressuring me at all. It's just me getting antsy.
Have you tried using EPO to help ripen your cervix? Drinking RRL tea? Eating lots of fresh pineapple? Those things I heard are all helpful but I started doing it all around 36 weeks and the tea before to gear up for my VBAC (which I had 3/7) it is so worth it!!! I was up and walking around right after the birth! I don't know how I would have coped with my other daughter and a newborn after having a major surgery. You can do it!!
Old 03-29-2012, 07:34 AM   #13
MoccaMom
Registered Users
seller

Well, as a mama-2-be who is 41+5 I certainly understand why you would feel antsy. Keep on trusting God for your delivery and your body to do what it knows to do. I know it's hard to wait and wonder what's going on with your body. Hang in there. Wait it out as long as you can....No regrets, right

That said, I am scheduled for an induction on tomorrow night. I am still trusting God for a natural labor and delivery. If it doesn't happen (and it honestly looks like it won't), I'll keep trusting God anyway- disappointed and all. At least I'll be able to say that I waited for my baby as long as I could. I'll look back with no regrets.

Just so you and someone else reading this would know, this week I have been an emotional mess. I have been crying and extremely bitc**y. I finally got to a place where I had to realize that no matter what happens, at the end of this process I will have a healthy, bouncing, baby boy. That's my prize and not the type of labor and delivery. I hope what I am writing helps you. So keep believing for the VBAC you want. Keep trusting God until the very end. Just don't take your eyes off the prize your new baby .

Tara
MoccaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:27 AM   #14
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoccaMom View Post

Just so you and someone else reading this would know, this week I have been an emotional mess. I have been crying and extremely bitc**y. I finally got to a place where I had to realize that no matter what happens, at the end of this process I will have a healthy, bouncing, baby boy. That's my prize and not the type of labor and delivery. I hope what I am writing helps you. So keep believing for the VBAC you want. Keep trusting God until the very end. Just don't take your eyes off the prize your new baby .

Tara
I was SO emotional the last week, after my due date passed. I don't know how I seemed to others, but I felt really fragile. I went to bed crying the night before he was born (well, the same morning, I guess), and I only had to wait 41 weeks!
Old 03-29-2012, 11:01 AM   #15
ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphreysmommy View Post
Have you tried using EPO to help ripen your cervix? Drinking RRL tea? Eating lots of fresh pineapple? Those things I heard are all helpful but I started doing it all around 36 weeks and the tea before to gear up for my VBAC (which I had 3/7) it is so worth it!!! I was up and walking around right after the birth! I don't know how I would have coped with my other daughter and a newborn after having a major surgery. You can do it!!
Yes, EPO orally and vaginally. RRL since 36 weeks. Pineapple almost every day. Sex, hiking, nipple stimulation, walking, bouncing on the ball. She just doesn't want to come out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoccaMom View Post
Well, as a mama-2-be who is 41+5 I certainly understand why you would feel antsy. Keep on trusting God for your delivery and your body to do what it knows to do. I know it's hard to wait and wonder what's going on with your body. Hang in there. Wait it out as long as you can....No regrets, right

That said, I am scheduled for an induction on tomorrow night. I am still trusting God for a natural labor and delivery. If it doesn't happen (and it honestly looks like it won't), I'll keep trusting God anyway- disappointed and all. At least I'll be able to say that I waited for my baby as long as I could. I'll look back with no regrets.

Tara
Thank you, mama! This really does help me.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:43 AM   #16
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbailey89 View Post
Yes, EPO orally and vaginally. RRL since 36 weeks. Pineapple almost every day. Sex, hiking, nipple stimulation, walking, bouncing on the ball. She just doesn't want to come out!

Thank you, mama! This really does help me.
Just so you know, I wasn't even dilated until I hit 41 weeks on the nose. I was between 2-3 cm by then and she was able to reach in and strip. Even then, it took 72 hours for me to go into labor, but it was pretty quick. You may just be one of those that goes from nothing to everything really fast!!
Old 03-29-2012, 11:57 AM   #17
crunch!910
Registered Users

I'm still here too. No end in sight. I don't dilate before labor, so all these mamas that always had updates of cms dilated... ugh... I fully expect to see and pass 41 weeks, which does worry me because of my history of large baby.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:19 PM   #18
ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryChicMama View Post
Just so you know, I wasn't even dilated until I hit 41 weeks on the nose. I was between 2-3 cm by then and she was able to reach in and strip. Even then, it took 72 hours for me to go into labor, but it was pretty quick. You may just be one of those that goes from nothing to everything really fast!!
I'll be 41 weeks tomorrow, so I hope you are right! If nothing is happening, I'm going to ask him to give me the weekend before we talk about any other options. He's super supportive and has told me he will help me fudge dates and has made sure I know that he can't force me into a c/s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910 View Post
I'm still here too. No end in sight. I don't dilate before labor, so all these mamas that always had updates of cms dilated... ugh... I fully expect to see and pass 41 weeks, which does worry me because of my history of large baby.
Large baby history here also, so I'm hoping she decides to evacuate soon!
Old 03-30-2012, 12:27 PM   #19
KaylaJayne
Registered Users
seller

((HUGS)) to you all still left! I just wanted to share a positive induction story - I went on Monday to be induced and was only at a 3... She did a cervical pill to soften my cervix and ruptured my water (a while later) - that was the only medical intervention needed - as soon as that cervical pill was in, I had amazing contractions (before that very very little in the way of contractions)

I know inductions are scary but i just wanted to share they aren't always bad! Good luck and ELV to you all!
Old 03-30-2012, 12:38 PM   #20
MoccaMom
Registered Users
seller

I am going for induction on tonight!!! I am so excited. I can't wait to meet my little boy. Here's to praying for a smooth induction and labor
MoccaMom is offline   Reply With Quote