Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-27-2012, 09:46 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Help Me Re-Stash (Again)

You ladies are so wonderful with knowing about good diaper stashes, I need your feedback.

I have been buying/selling ever since my youngest DS was born 4 months ago trying to find what works for us. I started with fitteds/wool, but that was just too much work. I went to pockets recently, and that is great except it takes too long to stuff and the OS pockets I got aren't the best fit for my ODS. (silly me bought a bunch before trying them).
So, I'm thinking AIO's may be the way to go, and a small stash. Right now I have a pretty large stash of every kind of diapers. I'm thinking of simplifying to natural fiber AIO's. Grovia's and BGE's. I know I like both. However, if I re-stash I won't have as many diapers, but I think this may work for me. I don't need them to last forever if the natural fibers wear down quicker, I just need 2 years (but who am I kidding I'll prob. re-stash in 6 months anyway ) . . .
The most I seem to change is about 6 times a day, and the longest I can possibly go between washes is 3 days and by then my pail is overflowing. . .
So here's what I'm thinking

24 BGE's/Grovia AIO's
6 Flip Covers
1 Dozen Prefolds In Each Size for Trifolding
6 OS Pockets for Nights. . .

It sounds SOOOO nice to be that simple. Everything is easy for me to grab and change, only one step. No hassle. Easy wash, easy dry. No stuffing, no handwashing wool. . .
What do you think??

Kristen: Helpmeet to my amazing DH
Mama to 8 Wonderful Blessings!
(12, 9, 8, 6, 5, 4, 2, 1 )

Last edited by Mom2ManyBlessings; 03-27-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Mom2ManyBlessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:50 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Help Me Re-Stash (Again)

we are really liking softbums right now
your idea stash sounds nice
*Jazz* Mommy to Axel 5/7/09 and Samara 2/9/12 Gage 11/7/13and navy wife to Stephen(future PNP )Now blogging for The Good Life Green check it out:
cjslater1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:56 PM   #3
Registered Users
That looks like a great stash

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Alikhlas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:59 PM   #4
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2muncher
My Mood:

sounds good mama!
Mom to Brayden & Landon
Green Sugar Boutique - bath and body products -
luvnmyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:49 PM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:

Sounds like a great plan.

You could get flats instead of multiple sized prefolds if you just intend to trifold. Plus they make great night diapers. Though I personally prefer the softness/squishiness of prefolds.
E Oct 2008 (100% PL'd), Baby M arrived April 10 (100% CD'd)
Can't wait to CD again using my all cotton stash: GMD prefolds, LL flats, and BG organics!
thinkingahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:54 PM   #6
Registered Users
My Mood:

You could try fitteds with fleece instead of wool -- fleece is breathable but can be washed in the machine and fabric softener will improve its case you don't feel like de-stashing your fitteds

Your new stash sounds pretty straightforward, but I always worry about AIOs getting thoroughly clean in the wash. If you don't think that will be an issue then I think you're on the right track for something easy. You may still want a breathable fleece or wool option, or something that you can use w/o a cover for if your DD gets a rash and needs more air circulation.
boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote