Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #1
jenni_michelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Only gonna tell this story to you ladies (embarrassing)!

I figure only you ladies will truly understand Plus I'm super emotional over it still and embarrassed. Fyi, this may be long...

So I've been super forgetful, mostly normal stuff, for instance forgetting I have bread broiling in the oven Well this Sunday I did something that took cake over everything I've EVER done! The kids were away at grandma & grandpa's and hubby was working out in his garage and talking to a client that day. So I was making best of my time by cleaning (of course). My day had already started out emotional as hubby had yelled at me for spending too much money recently. He did give me a hug later on, which resulted in me bawling my eyes out and apologizing. But my emotions where on a record high that day.

Our sink is super old and stains super easy so I was gonna fill up the sink with water and pour a little bleach in the water. This is not how I usually do this task but wanted to try it this way to see if it had better results. So I fill up one side of the sink and then start filling the other, I get a little impatient just waiting for it to fill (it's a big sink) and remember I need to put a bag of stuff I want to donate in my car. So I decided I'll go do that while the rest of the sink fills up, cause it'll only take me a few seconds to put the bag in my car ya know. Literally in the few seconds it takes me to put the bag in my car to walking back inside I totally forget about the sink and suddenly the two piles of weeds I pulled ages ago sitting on our lawn is begging me to pick them up. So what do I do, I start picking them up! This is TWO piles ladies TWO, not small ones either. So as you imagine it takes me a good 10-15 mins to pick them up.

After finishing I head to the front door and it hits me right before I walk into our house. 'OMG THE WATER' in the mere seconds this thought comes I also picture the image of our whole kitchen filled with water and freak! I walk into the kitchen and while it doesn't look like what I imagined it's pretty bad . Just for a mental picture it almost exactly looks like when the burglars in the movie Home Alone clogged the sinks and let them just run with water.

Water was pouring out of the sink onto the floor, pouring onto my counters, pouring into below the sink in the cabinet, pouring underneath our dishwasher and pouring out from the baseboards of the cabinets. In my mental state and frantic'ness' go get towels and then yell at hubby (mind you his client is still here) 'Um darling I did something terrible, you're gonna kill me and I need your help'. Him and his client come into the kitchen with me standing like a deer caught in headlights. Hubby is goes 'why haven't you turned off the sink and unplugged the sinks?' light bulb goes off in my head and I'm like 'I have no clue!' Client then seeing how awkward this is says 'I'm gonna leave now, I'll talk with you later'. I'm seriously so embarrassed and on the verge of tears The client leaves and hubby was gracious enough and started to laugh at the whole scenario. But I can't help it any longer and I start to bawl my eyes out. He's like 'honey stop crying and start cleaning, it'll be fine' but I can't stop so I just bawl while we clean the horror of a mess up.

As we are finishing up cleaning and I had just finally got control of my emotions/stopped bawling. I get a call from my mom and tells me my grandma is in the hospital thinks she had a stroke. This ensues more bawling and my mom saying 'oh she's gonna be fine darling' and I just yell while continuing to bawl 'I'M JUST SO EMOTIONAL'. My poor mom just got silent as I think she had no clue what to do or say and had no clue about what had just occurred either. Hubby was standing there and had a look on his face like 'crap here we go again'. -Sigh- this whole thing makes me wanna cry again, darn these hormones!

Advertisement

Old 03-28-2012, 10:53 AM   #2
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

That totally sounds like something I would do!! Sorry you had such a crazy morning!
Old 03-28-2012, 11:16 AM   #3
CutiePatootiesMama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Only gonna tell this story to you ladies (embarrassing)!

I did the exact same thing, except it was in the bathroom and BEFORE I got pregnant! The worst part was I never remembered, my dh found it about 20 minutes later.

So sorry you're having a rough time, but know that you are NOT alone in doing absent minded things! When I overflowed our bathroom sink, I called my aunt who told me that her friend had just recently done something similar in their brand new house. She was soaking clothes upstairs, left the sink running to fill up, forgot about it and LEFT THE HOUSE. 2 hours later she returned home and when she opened the front door water poured out. They basically had to gut their entire house and re-do it. That story made me feel better since I was obviously not the only person to have ever done something like that (although I felt terrible for her!).
CutiePatootiesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:17 AM   #4
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've been more emotional this time too...it's so hard to control sometimes! I am NOT usually a crier either and dont' easily get upset. BUT i lost in one day and cried a tthe military gate b/c my decals were expired and i didn't know, and my registration was expired too and i didn't know that either...i felt like a stupid girl
Old 03-28-2012, 11:34 AM   #5
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

Aww, so sorry you have had such a rough emotional day Although since I'm not the one having to clean up the mess, it is kinda funny The absent mindedness that comes with pregnancy sometimes makes me wonder how we (and our family) survive these nine months!

I've been there done that a few time with the house being flooded for various reasons and it is no fun to have to clean up. At least it was nice and clean water (not from your kid over flowing a toilet full of poop That is NOT fun to clean up!)
Old 03-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #6
hpfgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, and at least you hadn't put the bleach in there yet.

3T/4T Trainers, and Toddler AIOs for sale.
hpfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:50 AM   #7
jenni_michelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yeah I guess I have reasons to be thankful 1. Kitchen needs to be remodeled/isn't like brand new 2. Found it within a reasonable amount of time before severe damage done 3. It wasn't flooding from a poop filled toilet

Glad I'm not the only one who has done it, I felt pretty stupid!
Old 03-28-2012, 12:04 PM   #8
jenni_michelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpfgirl View Post
Yeah, and at least you hadn't put the bleach in there yet.
Yeah I would've really freaked then! Bleach water everywhere would have not been good!
Old 03-28-2012, 12:32 PM   #9
magdalynaa
Registered Users
seller

I tend to set stuff in fire a lot and then dance around and scream "FIRE! FIRE!" until DH hears me and comes and puts it out. A LOT of times, it involves the broiler or the gas burner. DH always asks me why I don't turn them off immediately, and I just never have an explanation, lol. It just seems so much more productive to dance and scream.
magdalynaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #10
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was also very absent minded my last pregnancy. This one I've learned my lesson and use the timer on EVERYTHING! I'm terrible about putting water on to boil and forgetting about it until I smell another burning pan, leaving something in the oven because it just needs 1 more minute and of course... 20 minutes late oh ya something in the oven! Now I use the timer even if it's for one minute.

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote