Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-29-2012, 01:11 PM   #21
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Cost of Kindergarten?

We have full day kindergarten here. We have a lot of public school charters that are good but it is on the lottery system. Secular private schools are really expensive. The religious ones are more reasonable. There was talk about having vouchers that would follow the child to private schools to make it an option for more families here. Some schools have scholarships. I am still deciding between homeschooling and charter schools. DD did good in the lotteries and got into the language immersion programs I applied to and a decent wait list position for the classical style charter.

nohollyhomaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:01 PM   #22
Registered Users

ours is a little over 1200 a MONTH that Liam goes to now and will go to kindergarten in the fall... life is crazy expensive here though :/
Single mama to an awesome 6 year old and fighting cancer one day at a time.
Looking for Womens clothes size Large 12/14.... any help would be appreciated
monkeymama07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:34 PM   #23
Registered Users
My DDs tuition for kinder is $6200 for the year at a Catholic school. PreK tuition for DD2 is $4200 for 3 days/week. Check around for financial aid, it isn't always need based. We got an amazing scholarship offer from my girls school and it made it financially feasible for them to attend. Plus we aren't catholic.. We could have received an even larger scholarship if we were.
Erinn Homeschooling mom to Mckenzie (4/06) Taylor (8/07) Charlie (5/09) and William(12/10)
gerka528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:37 PM   #24
Registered Users
My Mood:

My son will be going to public school in the fall. Its a half day from 9:00-11:30. Since I work he will also be attendin the supplemental kindergarten program (basically its kindergarten but they expand on what they learned that day). The supplemental program is 600 a month. I am also going to have to send him to before and after school care for an additional fee. Since he is doing before and after care he will not be eligible for the bus and I will have to drop him off.
Adoption is my option!Adoptive Mom to Cory (6 years old)
Heartbreakingly long wait to adopt baby 2. (5 years waiting at this point with no end in sight) Please lord..end this wait soon.
Kimmyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:41 PM   #25
Registered Users
My Mood:

The school I would like to send DS to is about 800/mo plus uniforms, registration fees, and books.
Kearson: Mama to DS (03/09). I leave feedback if it is left for me first, due to my issues with people doing it incorrectly. Can't stand those yellow notepad icons .
IsaacsMom2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:09 PM   #26
Registered Users
If we send the boys to our church's private school it would be ~$400/m per kid. I believe it is a bit cheaper than other Christian schools in the area.
Wife to Joe. Proud, tired mommy to Captain Destructive (6/09), Sir Screams-a-lot (8/10), and another little miracle due 3/13.
Trusting God brings life. Believing brings rest.
joeslittlewoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:46 PM   #27
Registered Users

Kindergarten here is free, for public, Catholic and language immersion schools. At some schools its a part time schedule, others its full time. Its sort of luck of the draw which one you are in the area for.

We only have one private school option in our city. Its a private, Christian school. I believe that the tuition there is about $5000/year. I would assume kindy cost is the same as any other grade there.

Montessori isn't in our town. There is one 60 miles away. It costs about $10 000/year.
momofdestructobaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:57 AM   #28
Registered Users
My Mood:
We pay $40/day for part-time senior kindy. That includes before and after school care, snacks and a cooked lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Loving wife and a devoted mama to 13: three in my arms
(Hayden, Felicity and Teagan), and ten in heaven.
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote