Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-29-2012, 05:44 AM   #1
lilmomma83
Registered Users

Re-clipping tongue tie?

Has anyone done this? If so, will you share your story with me please? I'm considering it...my DD had a posterior tie. She's doing much better, but, still not quite there and I think the frenulum is still too tight.

Advertisement

lilmomma83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:10 AM   #2
e_roehm23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Re-clipping tongue tie?

I've wondered if my dd's frenulum is still too tight, also. She had a ptt clipped at 4 mos. She is 6 mos now, but we don't have insurance, so the chances of having it clipped again are slim to none. Have your lo had Cranio Sacral Therapy post clip?

My ISO/IHA http://diaperswappers.com/forum/show....php?t=1327857
e_roehm23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:20 AM   #3
lilmomma83
Registered Users

No she hasn't....

Just the fact that you are thinking of it too and our stories seem so similar based on my other thread makes me even more convinced this is the problem....
Old 03-29-2012, 11:41 AM   #4
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

we had my son frelum clipped and the ent used scissors. Latch didnt get better found out it was a PTT and LT. We were recommended to a DDS local that uses laser. We got the PTT and LT done a week ago. So yes we had it reclipped. We had to pay OOP but it was worth it.
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:18 PM   #5
JulieHyphenAnn
Registered Users
seller

There is an excellent Facebook group called Tongue Tie support that you can join. It is moderated by an IBCLC whose expertise is in tongue tie.

My daughter's posterior tongue tie was removed with laser surgery. It took two surgeries and a few months of recuperation and follow-up before we both got fully comfortable.
JulieHyphenAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:39 PM   #6
PinkSapphire87
Registered Users
seller

My dd had a posterior tongue tie and lip tie. She had them both removed via laser surgery by Dr Kotlow. He was great! She had to have her lip tie re cut because it reattached. There can be reattaching of the tongue if stretching exercises aren't routinely done. I would schedule a meeting with an ibclc who is familiar with tongue ties and a pediatric dentist to get both of their opinions.

Breastfeeding, babywearing, fully vaxing, attachment parenting, still in school, forever studying, and burning the candle at both ends but loving life and enjoying my girls!
PinkSapphire87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:12 PM   #7
lilmomma83
Registered Users

I think I might be part of the FB group..not sure... I am going to hopefully see an IBCLC soon who has expertese in the area of tongue ties (I have been seeing IBCLCs but TT is not there strong point)

I have actually been thinking of traveling to Dr. Kotlow...
Old 03-29-2012, 07:59 PM   #8
e_roehm23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmomma83 View Post
I think I might be part of the FB group..not sure... I am going to hopefully see an IBCLC soon who has expertese in the area of tongue ties (I have been seeing IBCLCs but TT is not there strong point)

If you have been considering it, then I would go asap imho. The longer you wait, the harder it will be for your lo to adjust. Plus, if it happens to NOT be tied, then at least you can rule that out & have peace of mind. Both of those are worth their weight in gold!

You are so lucky to live w/in traveling distance to Dr. Kotlow!! I wish their were a doc in our area that treats ptt with laser, but our dd's was clipped w/ scissors. The doc who did it said that it does not make a difference, but the laser just seems like it would be better,

My ISO/IHA http://diaperswappers.com/forum/show....php?t=1327857
e_roehm23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:41 PM   #9
PinkSapphire87
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmomma83

If you can travel to see him, I would highly recommend it. He was so great, he saw our DD and clipped her tongue tie right away. She was a failure to thrive baby because of the tongue and lip tie and he knew it would help her eat better ASAP, but we had complications with insurance. So he even said he'd work with us about paying for it if the insurance wouldn't cover it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_roehm23

If you have been considering it, then I would go asap imho. The longer you wait, the harder it will be for your lo to adjust. Plus, if it happens to NOT be tied, then at least you can rule that out & have peace of mind. Both of those are worth their weight in gold!

You are so lucky to live w/in traveling distance to Dr. Kotlow!! I wish their were a doc in our area that treats ptt with laser, but our dd's was clipped w/ scissors. The doc who did it said that it does not make a difference, but the laser just seems like it would be better,
As far as I've heard there isn't a big difference between scissors and the laser, the only difference is the laser has an analgesic (numbing/pain relieving) effect to it.

Breastfeeding, babywearing, fully vaxing, attachment parenting, still in school, forever studying, and burning the candle at both ends but loving life and enjoying my girls!
PinkSapphire87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:26 PM   #10
lilmomma83
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSapphire87 View Post
If you can travel to see him, I would highly recommend it. He was so great, he saw our DD and clipped her tongue tie right away. She was a failure to thrive baby because of the tongue and lip tie and he knew it would help her eat better ASAP, but we had complications with insurance. So he even said he'd work with us about paying for it if the insurance wouldn't cover it.

As far as I've heard there isn't a big difference between scissors and the laser, the only difference is the laser has an analgesic (numbing/pain relieving) effect to it.
Yes, I have discussed payment with him since her insurance won't cover out of state (medicaid)...my FTT is a concern for me...my DD was born a good size, but lost quite a bit and then gained slowly...recently she started falling off her own grwoth curve. Also reflux and other issues going on...the only thing I know of that could be causing everything going on is if her PTT frenulum is still too tight.

I did notice less bleeding with the laser (used for DDs PTT) than the scissors (used for her upper lip tie), but, I felt the LT was completely removed and did not feel that way about the PTT...though it is much better, she could not transfer milk before and now she can...but she seems to still have most of the other signs of TT.