Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-29-2012, 11:19 AM   #11
Bellamoon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3boys1girl View Post
breast milk has more calories per ounce then formula if your lo is nursing i doubt they would just take it the taste is im sure no where near comparable. Looks like your lo is over a year? I would keep nursing and try pushing more full fat foods like full fat yogurt with whole milk ect. Def wouldnt take on the investment in formula when there other options.
he is allergic to dairy and soy so those options are not available to us, also my insurance covers the formula, dd has been on it for the last 4 years, but her allergies are way worse the ds's

Advertisement

Old 03-29-2012, 11:36 AM   #12
kwaii_amaranth
Registered Users
seller

What about seeing if there is a 'Human Milk for Human Babies' group in your state? Maybe you could find someone who is willing to provide you with pumped milk to supplement after each feed. You might even be able to find a mama who is also dairy free. I just gave 130 oz. of milk to a mama who's 5 month old was labeled failure to thrive. Her doctor said her options were to FF after each nursing, or provide additional pumped milk. I have been on a dairy free diet for the past 5 months, so it worked out great for her.
kwaii_amaranth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #13
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Have you tried goat milk? It suppose to be close to human milk. Are you wanting to go this route? It sounds to me that he just very active and that why he gaining slowly. If he meeting milestones and seems happy for me i wouldnt personally use the formula plus it makes their skin smell really bad. You didnt mention what his weight is i dont think and what he was at birth. If he gained a bunch and is now slimming out bc of activity then this is normal.
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:54 AM   #14
Bellamoon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

He was 7 pounds 15 oz at birth and 21 inches. At 9 m (and yesterday) he was 20 pounds and 30 inches. Still the same height and weight today, 4 months later. He is pretty active and loves to eat food. But we haven't tried goat milk as dd was unable to tolerate it and it looks as though they have the same medical condition. Eosinophilic disorder.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:05 PM   #15
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

20lbs is a good weight at 1. How output is your lo peeing really well? It sounds like he is just kinda slowing down bc of activity which is normal and if output is good and he is meeting milestons id hold off on the formula a few more months he may hit a growth spurt in a few weeks and shot up a pound or two
Old 03-29-2012, 12:12 PM   #16
Bellamoon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we go though 6-8 diapers a day depending on how often he poops. Could be 3x a day or none at all, lol!
Old 03-29-2012, 12:17 PM   #17
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

K so i decided to bring up the WHO growth chart for bf babies and your lo was over average at 9months and is almost right at average at 12months for weight. For length it looks like he was over 95% and is right at average? I totally wouldnt worry at this point it looks like he totally healthy

http://www.cdc.gov/growthcharts/data..._24LW_9210.pdf

Last edited by momof3boys1girl; 03-29-2012 at 12:22 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:19 PM   #18
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

For what it worth i have very very slow gainers in the first year and ds2 was FTT in the first two weeks of life so i can relate on being worried
Old 03-29-2012, 12:21 PM   #19
Bellamoon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i think i just make small kids. My ODS is only 60 pounds at 9.5 years old. DD is 5 and weighed in at 37 pounds yesterday ( she has eosinophilic disorder though)
Old 03-29-2012, 08:51 PM   #20
sarahtee
Registered Users
seller

My son is also 1 (bday was March 11) and is only 16.5 lbs. He also hasn't gained much weight in the last few months but nurses and eats lots. DH was worried that he is too little but he is clearly a happy boy and is meeting all his milestones. I was also small as a baby so I try not to worry. If you truly believe that your son is healthy, use your judgement. Doctors are not always right and are no match for Mom's intuition. Good luck! Hang in there.
sarahtee is offline   Reply With Quote