Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-30-2012, 01:25 PM   #1
mel j
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Novocaine

How long does it take for novocaine to wear off after getting teeth pulled and is it okay to breastfeed? Also what kind of painkillers are safe? Trying to find the answer on google but thought it might be quicker here

Advertisement

mel j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:47 PM   #2
mel j
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Novocaine

Well, I found this http://kellymom.net/health/illness/dentalwork.html so yay... now to look up medication info. Has anyone NOT taken medication after getting their teeth pulled?
mel j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:27 PM   #3
My Sweet Blessings
Registered Users
seller

Re: Novocaine

I had my wisdom tooth extracted a week ago. The anesthetic used I assume was novocane? My dentist said that the injected stuff is safe, but more caution was needed if you are put to sleep. I was awake, so it was fine. this was actually a concern of mine. the numbness wore off within an hour or so. the dentist had me take a regular dose of tylenol as soon as I left so it was "on board" when the anesthetic wore off. He said to continue the first day with tylenol on schedule even if I wasn't hurting. it's easier to prevent the pain than to stop it once it has started. I learned that the hard way with my c-section. So, I stuck to the schedule and it was fine. by the next day, it wasn't painful, just kinda sore. I couldn't open my mouth very far. a week later, I can open it fully now with no soreness. good luck!
My Sweet Blessings is offline   Reply With Quote