Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-06-2011, 11:03 PM   #1
GooseBugsMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
"Crunchy" pediatricians or FP's in the Puyallup area?

Can anyone recommend any crunchy-friendly docs in the Puyallup area? I like our ped now- and he is fairly crunchy- but he pushes vaxes a little more than I am comfortable with. I thought I'd put the question out there to see what other mamas think.

Advertisement

Old 07-24-2011, 09:33 PM   #2
veggiemommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
The Ida Culver center has somewhat
Crunchy pediatricians. Sound family medicine has some very relaxed family practice docs, my doc at sound family has delivered babies and is our family doc. I vaccinate so I don't know about that he does not question my parenting choices he is very hands off and does minimal testing/ intervention.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:38 PM   #3
GooseBugsMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thanks Mama! I'll look into that.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:08 PM   #4
shimsheree
Registered Users

Re: "Crunchy" pediatricians or FP's in the Puyallup area?

I live in Puyallup too and am actually looking for a doctor for me who is into more natural things. I seem to keep finding doctors, but just am not happy with them. Do you guys know of someone local who is good for adults?

Oh, and our pediatrician is in Covington and she's also a friend from church...I love her and totally trust her, even though she probably isn't crunchy and does vaccinate.
shimsheree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:06 PM   #5
KatrinaLoves
Registered Users
seller
seller

Bump.
I'm also looking for a crunchy-ish MD for myself, and also for our LO, due in June. We're in the Puyallup area as well, and I've been very uncomfortable with my provider.
KatrinaLoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:24 PM   #6
GooseBugsMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Who are you seeing now? Are you looking for someone to help with LO's birth, a ped, or a family practitioner? I have a few suggestions based on what you're looking for.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:54 PM   #7
KatrinaLoves
Registered Users
seller
seller

I need a general doctor for myself for the mundane day-to-day stuff.
Mine is... eh. I don't like her. I'm being seen by Dr. Hyun (sp?) at the Franciscan medical pavilion on Canyon road in south Puyallup (there's a prompt care in the building). She makes poor eye contact, throws medication at me instead of listening, and when we needed a very important physical done for an international adoption that had to be completed in a very particular way, she blew me off and filled it out how she wanted, even though I was leaning directly over her, insisting she STOP and do things differently. Result = form filled out incorrectly, and had to do it over... and then she had to gaul to be annoyed by that. Like, what? Turns out SHE was the one who filled it out wrong. Sheesh. /vent. Sorry. It still frustrates me, lol.

Found out today I'm pregnant with TWINS, so I'll be needing an OBGYN that's comfortable and experienced with natural birthing of multiples.

And then, once they're here, I'll need a crunchy doc who's fine with delayed and extremely selective vaxing (so essentially, no vaxing while we're under their care the first couple years).

But right now, the most important thing is that I find a crunchy OBGYN who won't instantly jump into interventions just because there are two babies in my belly. One who'd be willing to deliver breech and transverse babies would be particularly awesome. A doc delivers out of a baby-friendly hospital, of course, is my main concern. I might blow a gasket if they stick them with Hep-B, give them eye drops, or whisk them away from me for no legitimate reason.

Hmm. There are a lot of things I'm looking for. I should probably start a new thread. :-/

TIA! :-D
Old 10-30-2011, 02:01 PM   #8
ms_mcnann
formerly t***_m**_r*****
seller

We are in Tacoma but I am from Puyallup. Right now my kids see the PEDS at Woodcreek healthcare by the fair. We see Dr. Grubb and Dr. Barnahrt when we go in. They are both amazing at listening and offering up natural solutions before meds.
ms_mcnann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 05:56 PM   #9
GooseBugsMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My kids see Dr Grubb at Woodcreek too. He's no-nonsense, but is the crunchiest ped I know around here. He was actually my doc growing up!

As far as prenatal care goes, does a twin pregnancy require an OB? If not, I know several midwives (mine included) who are awesome. My DS was breech until 35 weeks, & she would have attended his birth if that's what I wanted. Thankfully he turned, so that wasn't an issue. I don't really know any OBs bc I haven't had a hospital birth out here & my MW does my well woman visits.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:40 PM   #10
KatrinaLoves
Registered Users
seller
seller

With my insurance, I don't think they'll cover a midwife for multiples. I'm not entirely sure. I know a home birth or birthing center is a no-go now, but I suppose they might pay for a MW with a hospital birth. I'll have to call and ask though. Hmmm.

And thanks for the tips about Woodcreek. :-) Is that the clinic right outside of Chestnut Hills apartments?? I know there's a pediatric clinic near there, and it might be the same one. DH and I lived in Chestnut Hills when we were first married. Takes me back!