Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2012, 02:01 PM   #111
sugar_crystalz's Avatar
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: northern Wisconsin
Posts: 1,811
My Mood:
Re: Aug. '11 - April Chat

Senia's in cloth 100% but since I bought another dozen Sunbabies she's in them almost all the time. I feel kind of guilty that I'm rarely putting her in prefolds with wool or anything like that, but I'm trying to tell myself that as long as she is in cloth it's ok. It's definitely harder to keep up with now that I'm at work- I think when I take up more hours another dozen will be in the cards. I've just started knitting again too so maybe when it gets more summery and I make some soakers and shorties I'll feel the other diapers again.

Advertisement

__________________
Crystal, mama to Svetlana Ash (6), Naima Noelle (4), and Yesenia Scarlett (born Aug 16, 2011!!)
sugar_crystalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:20 PM   #112
mommabritt's Avatar
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
Posts: 9,876
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma
On the birth control topic--you read the first part of this post, does the nuva ring make you crazy like the pill. I talked to my Dr about the pill making you nuts and he said there is nothing in the medical books about it but it was written by a bunch of men and he sees alot of woman who have that complaint. At this point I think I may try it though!
I think each bc affects different women differently so there is no way to know for sure. Realistically you should always give a new bc a decent amount of time to straighten out (remember-your hormones need an adjustment period too) before you write it off as making you crazy. The think I like the most about Nuva Ring is that it's not everyday and I am in control of my period. You insert it on a Sunday (example) and leave it in for three weeks, then take it out for a week for your period and reinsert on the following Sunday. I would usually just continuously cycle so when I took it out on the third Sunday I'd put a new one in so I could skip my period altogether. My dr (boss) knew I was doing this but it's not how it's written.
__________________
Hi, I'm Brittney
Wife to one amazing man.
Mom to FOUR amazing blessings.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:26 PM   #113
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Deep South
Posts: 8,372
My Mood:
Re: Aug. '11 - April Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabritt View Post
I think each bc affects different women differently so there is no way to know for sure. Realistically you should always give a new bc a decent amount of time to straighten out (remember-your hormones need an adjustment period too) before you write it off as making you crazy. The think I like the most about Nuva Ring is that it's not everyday and I am in control of my period. You insert it on a Sunday (example) and leave it in for three weeks, then take it out for a week for your period and reinsert on the following Sunday. I would usually just continuously cycle so when I took it out on the third Sunday I'd put a new one in so I could skip my period altogether. My dr (boss) knew I was doing this but it's not how it's written.
Thanks or the info! I will def take a look.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:27 PM   #114
sblakeley's Avatar
sblakeley
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Living in Shanghai, yes the China one!
Posts: 2,573
My Mood:
We are in cloth full time. Mostly GMs with a few BG 4.0. Peanuts bottom was doing much better then she pooped again right back to raw. We see the ped tomorrow for weigh in so we will talk about it then. She is just miserable
__________________
Somewhat crunchy, artist Mommy to DD1 (8/14/07), DD2 (8/4/11) and a August DD3
sblakeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:25 PM   #115
mommabritt's Avatar
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
Posts: 9,876
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sblakeley
We are in cloth full time. Mostly GMs with a few BG 4.0. Peanuts bottom was doing much better then she pooped again right back to raw. We see the ped tomorrow for weigh in so we will talk about it then. She is just miserable
poor girly
__________________
Hi, I'm Brittney
Wife to one amazing man.
Mom to FOUR amazing blessings.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:50 PM   #116
heyuitsme's Avatar
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Manitowoc, WI
Posts: 2,283
My Mood:
Re: Aug. '11 - April Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sblakeley View Post
We are in cloth full time. Mostly GMs with a few BG 4.0. Peanuts bottom was doing much better then she pooped again right back to raw. We see the ped tomorrow for weigh in so we will talk about it then. She is just miserable
oh I hear ya on the poop! I don't think kezia has ever had a serious rash...just a mild heat rash and mild redness a couple times I think. suddenly, with the "real" food, she is pooping all the time and has a bad rash, bledding and everything. poor baby. been using grandma el's and taht has cleared up all the red, just waiting on the broken skin to slowly heal. last night everytime she pee'd she woke up screaming...no fun. *yawn* one tired mama.

otherwise, she has very good sleep habits; one morning and one afternoon nap, and occasionally an evening nap. and sleeps through the night as well...until the last few nights due to her angry bum. :/

we're cloth all the time...mostly cuz we need the money for other things. we were so crazy tight until we got our tax rebate back last month. like literally had a hundred dollars in the bank and over 1500 on the credit card before the rebate came. hate getting that low! it's scary. dumb chrystler, which we traded in towards the minivan, ended up needing a bunch of work over christmas and afterwards adn thats what got us in the hole. so yeah, cloth to the rescue!

ugh, got a lot more to say, feel like i've been gone for a while, but am crazy tired. later ladies!

hmm, feel like I can't sign off til i tell something funny......but, I got nothin. oh well, next time I guess.
__________________
Naomi, wife to Wayne (7.24.04) 314.8****310****305****300[christmas goal]
Sydney(8.10.07), Corey, heaven baby(8.6.08), Elijah(8.25.09), Kezia (8.12.11)
Praise the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort [others] with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. 2 Cor. 1:3-4
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:23 AM   #117
sugar_crystalz's Avatar
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: northern Wisconsin
Posts: 1,811
My Mood:
Re: Aug. '11 - April Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sblakeley View Post
We are in cloth full time. Mostly GMs with a few BG 4.0. Peanuts bottom was doing much better then she pooped again right back to raw. We see the ped tomorrow for weigh in so we will talk about it then. She is just miserable
Aww- poor baby!! Hope you get it figured out soon.

Last day of work for the week, excpet for Saturday. WIC appt this afternoon and then I might go shopping. I don't really want to after a busy day, but I don't want to on my day off either. I'd have to wait until Lana's done with school at 5:30 which would put us back probably after 8.. uggggh.

Senia's getting into so much now... I have to do some sort of babyproofing soon, I guess. She just crawled all the way over the bottom of the coffee table to get to the dog and my knitting needles.
__________________
Crystal, mama to Svetlana Ash (6), Naima Noelle (4), and Yesenia Scarlett (born Aug 16, 2011!!)
sugar_crystalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #118
sblakeley's Avatar
sblakeley
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Living in Shanghai, yes the China one!
Posts: 2,573
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabritt

poor girly
She is much better today. The Dr prescribed 3 rx butt creams to combine and the cover with triple paste to get her healed up. Weekly weigh in and she lost an ounce. Not surprising as she has been turning down food left and right. Just not into solids, formula or breastmilk at the moment she is far to busy. I feel like such a giant whiner with everything going on. I really appreciate you ladies listening
__________________
Somewhat crunchy, artist Mommy to DD1 (8/14/07), DD2 (8/4/11) and a August DD3
sblakeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:25 PM   #119
Lifeisjoy's Avatar
Lifeisjoy
Registered Users
Formerly: Chatt-townmommy
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 1,758
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sblakeley

She is much better today. The Dr prescribed 3 rx butt creams to combine and the cover with triple paste to get her healed up. Weekly weigh in and she lost an ounce. Not surprising as she has been turning down food left and right. Just not into solids, formula or breastmilk at the moment she is far to busy. I feel like such a giant whiner with everything going on. I really appreciate you ladies listening
Ok...have you tried putting liquids or purees in a straw sippy? I have heard that suggestion before..if shes busy she can just sip n go! Lol
__________________
Hallie~Daughter of God Wife to Marques
Mama to Malachi(12/31/08) and Micah(8/13/11) and with #3!
Lifeisjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:26 PM   #120
sblakeley's Avatar
sblakeley
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Living in Shanghai, yes the China one!
Posts: 2,573
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatt-townmommy

Ok...have you tried putting liquids or purees in a straw sippy? I have heard that suggestion before..if shes busy she can just sip n go! Lol
Hum I like it! Now to teach her to drink from a straw
__________________
Somewhat crunchy, artist Mommy to DD1 (8/14/07), DD2 (8/4/11) and a August DD3
sblakeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.