Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-19-2012, 05:17 PM   #121
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Aug. '11 - April Chat

Hi ladies! Been super busy here!
DS is doing great, getting big. He rolls everywhere and sits pretty well, but gets distracted.
We have been busy with school stuff(DH is a teacher), 4H and DD's birthday is coming up.

To answer some of the questions:

We are in cloth 100% now. I was getting totally burnt out and buying sposies. Then I bought some flour sack flats from Walmart on a whim. I also bought a Sweet Pea cover and a snappi. Turns out, I can fold a flat really well and snappi it! I love this system! Sometimes I padfold and others, I origami fold. I still do pockets, too, but I find the flat/cover to be bullet proof for going out.

DS's sleep sucks. He sleeps with us mostly, which I am so done with. I never wanted to be the all night nurser, but that's what our night amount to. I hate it. I think he could get himself back to sleep with some back pats, etc, but I don't want him waking DD, since they share a room. Both of them up at 2am is the stuff of nightmares. LOL! IDK really know how to fix this now. He just barely still fits in the swing and I depend on it.

As for babies, I had thought I was done, but I am fairly certain I want one more in a few years. Like when DD is in K-1st and DS is about 4ish. He is such an easy, happy baby(yeah, he doesn't sleep BY HIMSELF, but is happy to sleep with me!) that I would have another just like him right away. DD, though, is a handful to the nth degree. I have the Mirena now and it's alright. I just want one more chance at a good pregnancy. Crazy? Yes. Rational? Nope. Haha

Advertisement

Old 04-21-2012, 06:11 PM   #122
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Senia finally started crawling for real about a week ago... and now she's decided it's perfectly fine to pull up on everything, too! OMG... so not prepared for this mobile baby that can get into everything! She does look darn cute standing with her little toes curled in, though!
Old 04-21-2012, 08:29 PM   #123
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar_crystalz View Post
Senia finally started crawling for real about a week ago... and now she's decided it's perfectly fine to pull up on everything, too! OMG... so not prepared for this mobile baby that can get into everything! She does look darn cute standing with her little toes curled in, though!
I saw your picture on facebook! gasp!!!! Sydney and Elijah never really did the cruising thing and didn't walk until their first birthday. I would not be ready either! I can barely keep up with the vaccuming now that little miss crawler likes to taste test everything.

ok, quick funny, then I gotta go. I made sydney a mermaid outfit and while she was showing it off to daddy, elijah, who was laying nearby, starts kicking at her skirt.
she turns and yells at him, "elijah! stop kicking me in the mermaid!!!"
I thought that was hilarious.
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:23 PM   #124
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar_crystalz
Yeah!! Harper has been cruising the furniture since Easter. I'm not used to this at all! My boys all crawled at 10 months and walked at 12, 11, 12 respectively. She on the other hand was doing the low crawl at 6, on all fours at 7 and now is letting go of the couch to transfer to me or vise versa. No steps yet (thank goodness!!) but I am not prepared to have such a young mobile babe.

Here's a couple pics from the last week...
Me and Harper leaving church last Sunday, we matched so DS took a pic...

Longing to get out back...

And hanging out in the swing daddy brought home

Mamas who post pics on fb, post here too! We wanna see!

Eta: stop kicking me in the mermaid..... oh Naomi. I needed that.

Now must go to sleep and stop scouring fsot for covers!!

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***

Last edited by mommabritt; 04-21-2012 at 10:27 PM.
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:36 PM   #125
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabritt View Post
Lol. We are also in a 3br with dd in our bed. A friend of mine just gave birth the day before Easter to a baby boy she conceived with an iud in place. Her youngest dd just turned one in jan. oops!

I know I've said before but we are done! Dh had a vasectomy to make sure. I didn't want to Be on the pill and we were done using condoms with no desire for a fifth child. No aF here either. It's usually well past a year for me.
You shut your dirty dirty mouth. lol

As for the person who asked about how they work..

they both work as barrier methods.. Assuming it will block sperm/egg from meeting up.. Mirena has hormones to help you not Ovulate, etc) BUT if they do end up meeting up, then it makes for not a happy place to hook on in. does something to the PH in your uterus or something, I'm not religious and it doesn't bother me in the least bit that it does something that I'd never know about in the first place. I mean, I have a IUD in place for a reason.. it's not to end up pregnant. lol

So it better hold up it's end of the bargain. lol I actually got pregnant with Levi because I had to get my last one removed because it went missing on me... then I wasn't the best at protection.. and we were only DTD once a month anyway.. I was using OPK's to be extra safe, didn't O for 5 days after DTD.. ask me how Levi is here in the first place is beyond me. lol

Gotta love those surprises! I love mine! but it doesn't mean I want anymore. lol

We're moving soon. Mostly because this house is just FAR TOO SMALL now.. and partly because I can't live in this city anymore. I need to get out of here. I'm depressed and anixous.. and I'll feel better if I can just move away.

Long story.
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:40 PM   #126
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabritt View Post
So has anyone else gotten tired of cloth? I dunno what's wrong with me....I'm about ready to sell off my stash. Lately, it just feels like one more thing to do. Unfortunately, sposies are just too convenient. I won't sell anytime soon but dd has been in Pampers Sensitives for a couple weeks now and I'm liking it a little too much. :/
Thinking the same thing.

I'm just over it. I never really got into it with Levi anyway. He wore them a couple times.. I never did weeks straight.. I'd have him in them for like 3 or 4 days.. then go back.. I'm just too lazy.. yep. Too lazy. maybe if I wasn't changing both levi and jake i'd be okay with it. I'm not going to sell them because I'm TRYING to get jake trained, and I think when I'm not dealing with so many diapers I might be more inclined to do the cloth.. we'll see.. But yeah.. I can't tell you the last time he wore one.. and we're in cheapy walmart brands.. lol
I know if I start selling stuff that I'll want them back, so I'm not selling till he's outgrown. lol
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:09 AM   #127
sblakeley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Does anyone freak out a little each month with no AF? I mean I'm on the bfing safe pill but still I get nervous with no AF back yet....
Old 04-22-2012, 10:18 AM   #128
MorrisonBirth
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sblakeley View Post
Does anyone freak out a little each month with no AF? I mean I'm on the bfing safe pill but still I get nervous with no AF back yet....
I haven't gotten AF back yet and have my tubes tied, and I still get nervous in the 2 weeks after DTD. Looking for every preggo symptom possible. Very annoying.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:00 PM   #129
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sblakeley View Post
ME!!!!!!

Dh says I always think I'm pregnant. My sister said "well to your defense, you always are!"

I think I cd to even out the waste I make from pregnant tests!
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:41 PM   #130
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I do a bit but haven't tested at all. I was gonna order a bunch of those cheap ones online but haven't gotten around to it yet. The thing I hold on to is that I always have round ligament pains from like the second I get pregnant... so if I don't have them I hope I'm not, lol! Probably not the best test there...